Hot sauce; which one goes on almost anything?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6028
RE: Hot sauce; which one goes on almost anything? 2005/01/11 20:59:13 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by berndog

quote:
Originally posted by Wallyum

As long as they're going for flavor and not pain, I've found that most add something to bland foods. When they start raising blisters on your skin, well, there's stupid, and then there's STOOOPIDD! If I want pain I'll visit the dentist.

But Wally, the dentist won't make you sweat or clean your sinuses out like a good super HOT hot sauce.

There ya go! I do the same thing when my snoot is all pluged up... A slug of hot sauce! Much quicker and cheaper then over the counter drugs...
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 627
RE: Hot sauce; which one goes on almost anything? 2005/01/11 23:39:34 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by berndog

quote:
Originally posted by Wallyum

As long as they're going for flavor and not pain, I've found that most add something to bland foods. When they start raising blisters on your skin, well, there's stupid, and then there's STOOOPIDD! If I want pain I'll visit the dentist.

But Wally, the dentist won't make you sweat or clean your sinuses out like a good super HOT hot sauce.

Many moons ago a friend and I worked together on Saturdays. We'd always hit the same Skyline Chili in downtown Cincinnati for lunch and we'd both order three ways which we'd douse liberally with hot sauce. We'd eat with a pile of napkins at the ready because about halfway through the meal the sweat would appear and the sinuses would open. That's still my mark of a good three way, and if a sauce as mild as Skyline's can do the job, I don't see any reason for going the insanity route. I tried it to prove that I could do it, but that's about as far as I'd be willing to take it.
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4766
RE: Hot sauce; which one goes on almost anything? 2005/01/12 11:00:53 (permalink)
My hands down favorite is California Chili Hot Sauce ... I tried looking it up on the web, and it is as hard to find as it is in the stores (Larry's Market in Seattle has it) ... I looked at the label and it says it is from Just Chili, Inc. in San Diego.

No web site I can find.

It is akin to an oriental hot sauce -- but has a different kick.
emsmom
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 955
RE: Hot sauce; which one goes on almost anything? 2005/01/12 11:15:53 (permalink)
For cooking, I use the Tabasco or the Lousiana Hot Sauce. The best one I have had though is made and sold at the Firehouse Sub place.
They have a counter lined with about 25 different sauces for you to choose as much as you want to eat on your subs. I like their own brand the best though. I usually get several different kinds and my daughter and I even like to dip our potato chips in some of the sauces.
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: Hot sauce; which one goes on almost anything? 2005/01/12 11:34:45 (permalink)
Valentina (Mexican), and that Vietnamese stuff in the clear bottle with the green cap.
Scarlett
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 402
RE: Hot sauce; which one goes on almost anything? 2005/01/12 12:19:17 (permalink)
Texas Pete all the way!
I use Tobasco only in a Bloody Mary.
Art Deco
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 895
RE: Hot sauce; which one goes on almost anything? 2005/01/12 12:32:23 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Pancho

Valentina (Mexican), and that Vietnamese stuff in the clear bottle with the green cap.

Sriracha? Good stuff, though I don't use it on everything!!
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: Hot sauce; which one goes on almost anything? 2005/01/12 13:48:00 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by pogophiles

quote:

Yes, that's the stuff. Just discovered it's made in Los Angeles! Thanks for the info. BTW, it's really good on cottage cheese. Trust me.
garykg6
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 358
RE: Hot sauce; which one goes on almost anything? 2005/01/12 14:00:07 (permalink)
I like 'Jamaican Hellfire'as well as Franks or Crystal. The hellfire comes 3 ways ..2 to 1(hot),4 to 1(very hot) and some grey-green sauce they call 'doc's Special' which will have you screamin' for mercy. Sold in Florida in all the supermarkets but please exercise caution as to which bottle you pick(I can take real hot stuff but 'Doc' is in another league)
Tedbear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1832
RE: Hot sauce; which one goes on almost anything? 2005/01/14 18:43:15 (permalink)
While I keep several types in the cabinet, the one hot sauce that I use most often, and on almost everything, is Tabasco's Jalapeno Sauce (the green one). Not as spciy as the original, but it still has a bit of a kick to it. I find that it is very good on eggs, and in cream soups.
tkitna
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 683
RE: Hot sauce; which one goes on almost anything? 2005/01/15 06:36:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by pogophiles

quote:

Yeah, I supply my friends at work with it due to the easy access where I live, but I agree, its not for everything. Fish sandwiches are to die for with it though.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5