Ice Cream Makers and Retailers Reveal Best-Selling Flavors in U.S.
The pros have spoken and the ratings for the best ice cream flavours are in. As usual vanilla and chocolate lead the pack. http://www.brandeating.com/2017/07/ice-cream-makers-and-retailers-reveal-best-selling-flavors-in-us.html
Unsurprisingly, vanilla is the number one flavor and chocolate is number two (vanilla has long been the best-selling ice cream flavor, followed by chocolate). Here's the rest:
3. Cookies & Cream
4. Mint Chocolate Chip
5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
6. Buttered Pecan
7. Cookie Dough
9. Moose Tracks (vanilla ice cream with fudge and peanut butter cups)
Other interesting tidbits that came out of the survey include:
- Interestingly, it's the Great Lakes states, which include Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin, where the most ice cream is consumed.
- Waffle cones and sugar cones enjoy equal popularity among consumers
- Ice cream sandwiches are the most popular frozen novelty product, beating out ice cream cups, pops, cones, and bars.