Having been a server/bartender many years of my life (got my degree at 40 when my kids were in high school and have not been a server/bartender in over 25 years now) most of the time it is the management that makes the staff introduce themselves by name. I know, annoying for staff as well.
Turning the tables, customers (although they are paying) need to check themselves sometimes.
1. Bringing children in that run amok and almost trip servers carrying heavy trays of hot food.
2. Waiting until you come all the way back from the bar with drinks for the rest of the table to tell me you want another one too.
3. Complaining about what YOU ordered when it isn't what you expected when I clearly described it and/or it was described in the menu. Then when we try to make it right by getting something else, you say "No thanks, nothing else appeals to me" when you already ate half of the other meal.
4. Blaming the server when your well done steak takes a long time!!!
5. Not tipping your server because we had to tell you that we are out of prime rib (or whatever food) when clearly we did not know this until we put in the order if the kitchen did not warn us it was running out. Blame the cooks! They are supposed to tell us when there are X number of orders left of something. We gave you free dessert and or cocktails to make up for this!
6. Biggest pet peeve of all is when you sit at the table for hours even though we asked you kindly to move to the bar due to backed up patrons and you just stare at me blankly! Then you leave a crappy tip. Ugh!
As a patron, I feel all of the above pain that you all do and I am really picky about service due to knowing how it should be!