Joe's Diner - #1 Diner in AZ

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11954
2017/01/29 19:54:39 (permalink)

Joe's Diner - #1 Diner in AZ

A recent "Best of" listed the best diner in every state. I love breakfast so it peaked my interest!
Joe's Diner in Phoenix was #1 in AZ.
We've lived here 17 years and never heard of Joe's so it immediately went on the bucket list.
Went there today. If they're not #1, I don't know who else is including Matts Big Breakfast, Over Easy, 5 & Diner etc.
It's on 7th AVENUE. in PHX South of Camelback and just 100 yards or so from the recently relocated and highly acclaimed Fry Bread House so they're in good company. www.joesdineraz.com
They're claim to fame is their pancakes. They're the BEST pancakes I've ever eaten. There's something different about them but I can't put my finger on it. All I know is that they're light fluffy and delicious.
Joe makes almost everything from scratch. The jams, including apple butter, the pies and cakes, the biscuits & sausage gravy - and there's actually sausage in the gravy!
The corned beef hash is canned but he "Doctors it up" to make it very acceptable.
The Coffee is special. It's Ariosa Beans, Roasted & Ground by Arbuckle's in Tucson, AZ https://www.arbucklecoffee.com/
They do Breakfast & Lunch daily 7AM t0 2PM.
Had a conversation with Joe hisself! He's a classically trained chef who gave up a fine dining career in LA, CA to make just plain good food. He's succeeded!
They have Beef On Weck Sandwiches.
They're back on the Lunch Bucket List!
If you're a Glutton, after you're done there crawl up the street and have some Fry Bread! " />" />
post edited by Foodbme - 2017/01/29 20:01:16

3 Replies Related Threads

mar52
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11705
    Re: Joe's Diner - #1 Diner in AZ 2017/01/29 23:34:06 (permalink)
    Sounds like you liked it!

Love a good breakfast out.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11954
    Re: Joe's Diner - #1 Diner in AZ 2017/01/30 23:00:08 (permalink)
    mar52
    Sounds like you liked it!
     Love a good breakfast out.

Yep! felt right at home. A comfortable place, good food, good service, good prices, hospitable owner.
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8307
    Re: Joe's Diner - #1 Diner in AZ 2017/01/31 12:11:57 (permalink)
    It's not far at all from where Mrs. C and I will be staying in March, so I think at least one breakfast visit is in order.  And it's not out of the way if we're headed to Camelback Ranch or Maryvale Baseball Park.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5