Joe's Steaks

Author
phlmaestro
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1010
2018/08/17 13:18:23 (permalink)

Joe's Steaks

https://roadfood.com/restaurants/joes-steaks-soda-shop/

I had previously only been to the original location in Northeast Philly when it was called Chink's. I think we had a thread about the name controversy when a longtime employee bought the place and changed the name to Joe's. He also opened a second location a little north of Center City. A couple colleagues and I just had cheesesteaks delivered from this second location and could not have been happier with them.

When I went to the original location, they only made steaks with American cheese. They now give the option of getting provolone or whiz and we had whiz. Everything was proportioned extremely well (cheese, meat, onions) and the roll was very good with a bit of a crunch to the crust. The other thing we liked was that they give you the option of getting a large or small cheesesteak and we found the small to be the perfect size for lunch. I would say it was around eight inches; not enough to leave me feeling over-stuffed the rest of the work day, but enough to satisfy me. We also had fries and one of my colleagues ordered a chocolate shake that she liked. I didn't think a shake would hold up well when being delivered in the heat we're experiencing in Philly today, but she said it did. I may try one the next time we order from them.

After trying delivery or takeout from various steak places for lunch over the past few years, we feel we've found our go-to place and won't need to search any further. Based on my memory, I'd have to say the place has improved under the new ownership.  I only wish I had taken a photo of the steak before eating it.

post edited by phlmaestro - 2018/08/17 13:28:02

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5