Helpful ReplyHot!K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
phlmaestro
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 710
2017/09/23 20:04:42 (permalink)

K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas

I had wanted to visit Kansas City and the surrounding area for a number of years and finally got around to it this past week. I won't go so far as to say it was the best food trip I've ever taken, but when factoring in the various history museums my wife and I visited - almost all of them dealing with early to mid 20th century history - it was unquestionably one of my all-time favorite vacations. As far as the food end of it goes, I wound up eating twice as many burger-malt meals as I did barbecue. I like barbecue, but I probably like those smashed, thin burgers with onions and pickles that you see a lot more of in the Midwest than anywhere else even more. When they are accompanied by a good malt, all the better. It was less a plan than just going with what I was craving while I was there.

The trip started off that way as we arrived a little too late to visit just about all of the restaurants on my list except for Town Topic and Winstead's. Town Topic was a lot more convenient to where we were staying and also a little higher up on my list in terms of which places I was most interested in getting to. We went to the one location that is open all night, which is the one highlighted on this site. It was packed when we first walked in, but it cleared out some before too long and we wound up with two seats at the end of the counter, in front of the malt and shake station. That guy was busy making malts virtually non-stop the entire time we were in there. I had forgotten that they smash the onions into the burger, a little like Oklahoma style, and it was a pleasant surprise. I had a double cheeseburger with onions, pickles, ketchup and mustard, a vanilla malt and my wife and I split a slice of blackberry pie. I enjoyed the burger very much and the malt was outstanding; very thick, but not quite so thick that I couldn't drink it through a straw. We made a mistake in not taking up our server's offer to heat it up. I thought it would be room-temperature, but it was refrigerated. We still enjoyed it.

The malt station:

The next day, we headed east on U.S. 50 to Jefferson City to see the state Capitol, something we often do on our trips. Along the way, we made another burger and malt stop at the 5&50 Drive-In near the junction of U.S. 50 and MO 5 in Tipton. 

They have a couple covered picnic tables on one side and we at there. I made a couple incorrect assumptions when I ordered and didn't get what I was expecting as a result. It was my mistake for not asking in advance. The first bad assumption was on the size of the burger patties. I had read in advance in an online review that they use freshly made patties and figured they'd be the flat, Midwestern style patties that I like. They weren't. I'd estimate each patty was about a third of a pound. I'd have been a lot happier with a single, but I still enjoyed the flavor of the meat. The other mistake I made was in assuming that a chocolate malt would be made with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup, as usually seems to be the case closer to the center of the country. But it seemed to be made with chocolate ice cream. Had I known that, I'd have ordered a vanilla. On top of that, I couldn't really taste the malt.  My wife ordered the pork fritter sandwich and seemed pretty happy with it. I enjoyed the onion rings more than she did.

It only took a little while longer to get to Jefferson City and the state capitol after leaving Tipton. There is a large statue of Jefferson in front of the state capitol building and a small museum inside that we checked out. The second bust, after Truman's, is Daniel Boone. 

Our in-laws had been to Kansas City earlier in the year and gave us a gift card to Jack Stack. We went to the Freight House location for dinner that night after getting back to Kansas City, and, not surprisingly, it was almost unbearably loud. As far as the food went, the highlight of the meal was the beans, which were outstanding. I ordered a two-way sampler with beef burnt ends and baby-back ribs. The baby-back ribs had neither enough smoke flavor nor meat on the bones for my taste. As far as the burnt ends go, I think I had built them up in my mind so long that they were almost bound to not live up to my expectations, and that's what happened. I enjoyed them, but it wasn't a Wow! type of experience. My other Kansas City barbecue meal, near the end of the trip, would be much better in terms of both the meat and the atmosphere.

Just before finishing what were probably among the best baked beans I've tasted:

post edited by phlmaestro - 2017/09/23 22:25:46
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4729
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/23 20:16:34 (permalink)
Nice photos and good start to the trip!
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8006
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/23 21:20:45 (permalink)
Is it safe to assume there will be at least one fried chicken meal in this report?
phlmaestro
Double Cheeseburger
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/23 21:28:01 (permalink)
The one you'd expect. We went to Abilene, and I considered the Brookville Hotel. But neither of us felt like eating a full-blown, multi-course chicken meal at that point, in part because it was the day after we had our big chicken meal. 

1bbqboy
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5389
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/23 21:48:15 (permalink)
Although you're bemoaning the burger, I'd give almost anything to have a juicy monster like that. Our burgers are too healthy out here.
I always describe JackStack as a place your mother would enjoy.
Did they have lamb ribs? Those used to be my favorite.
post edited by 1bbqboy - 2017/09/23 21:50:15
phlmaestro
Double Cheeseburger
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/23 22:24:47 (permalink)
I thought about the lamb ribs, along with several other things, but didn't get them. I regretted not going for regular spare ribs instead of the baby-backs most of all. I definitely had to try the burnt ends.

post edited by phlmaestro - 2017/09/23 22:26:47
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8819
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/24 02:43:12 (permalink)
You've got my favorite combination of photos here: Great history coupled with some great food!
phlmaestro
Double Cheeseburger
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/24 12:16:58 (permalink)
leethebard
You've got my favorite combination of photos here: Great history coupled with some great food!

Thanks!   I live in an area with a lot of Colonial-period history, but I really enjoy studying early to mid 20th century history and it was great to see all that stuff. On that note, I'm doing this report chronologically, but I forgot to include an important stop. When we left Jefferson City, we must have gotten onto a wrong ramp and realized we were not on the right highway and were heading east. Before we could get turned around, we passed a sign for Fulton, MO, and the National Churchill Museum. I've read a lot on Churchill and knew that he gave a famous speech in Fulton in which he announced what the Soviets were doing to Eastern Europe following WWII, but it never occurred to me to check on whether there is a museum there. When we saw the sign, we decided to go. It was very worthwhile. They also rebuilt an English church that was destroyed by the Nazis during the Blitz. It included some stones from the original.

And here is the man who announced the need for the Cold War next to a photo of its symbolic end:

The following day, we had to make a stop at the University of Missouri at Kansas City to pick up a mug for my brother-in-law, who has a massive collection of college mugs. The school was very close to Winstead's, so we made that our stop for an early lunch. I love the atmosphere (there were a number of older couples that had probably been eating there for generations) and both the onion rings and my chocolate malt, which was made the way I like it, were fantastic. The burger patties in my double cheeseburger were on the dry side, but the combination of flavors with the toppings was nice. My wife had a fried egg sandwich and a cherry-limeade which came topped with a small scoop of lime sherbet. She gave me a taste and it may have been the sweetest drink I've ever tried.

From Winstead's, we drove to Independence to see President Truman's home with Bess before and after his presidency and the Truman Museum that is a few blocks from his home. The museum was fantastic, as were all of the museums we visited. My grandfather loved Truman until the day he died because of his decision to drop the two atomic bombs that ended the War. He felt it saved him from having to take part in an invasion of mainland Japan. 

Model of the Oval Office during Truman's presidency:

Our dinner that night was the chicken dinner. We naturally had to go to Stroud's and we lucked into a window seat with a great view at the Oak Ridge Manor location. I've written before about my relatively small appetite and I think our server was a little shocked at how little we ordered compared to what she is used to. I ordered a four-piece dark meat dinner. My wife had one of the thighs. We had the mashed potatoes and green beans. I had the chicken noodle soup and my wife had a salad. We loved the cinnamon rolls, but the photo of them didn't turn out. The chicken was good, but I don't think I liked it as much as the best that I had in Kentucky and Tennessee during my Mid-South trip a couple years ago. On the whole, though, it was a great meal and experience.

post edited by phlmaestro - 2017/09/24 12:20:22
Wintahaba
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 718
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/24 12:27:57 (permalink)
phlmaestro, Awesome report...thanks. Great pics also.
1bbqboy
Sirloin
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/24 12:42:53 (permalink)
I cheat and get the chicken fried steak at Stroud's.
phlmaestro
Double Cheeseburger
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/24 12:50:12 (permalink)
Thanks again.

I thought my wife might get a pork chop at Stroud's. She likes those. But I guess she felt the need to moderate due to the nature of a lot of the places we ate at on the trip. She is generally a very healthy eater, much more so than I am, but lets me call most of the shots when we travel. 
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/24 13:12:23 (permalink)
My first trip to KC was this past spring...

I enjoyed Town Topic very much.  The conversations were fun...and enlightening!

Winstead's was just fair...sorta of an X in box kinda stop.  

Stroud's was very good and I had the chicken fried steak but with a group of 15, got to try it all.  Loved the atmosphere.  
phlmaestro
Double Cheeseburger
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/24 13:27:49 (permalink)
I hear you on Winstead's. It's a close call as to whether I feel going there was a good move. The burger was a little disappointing because of the dryness, but the onion rings and malt were so good, and the feel of the place worked for me to an extent because we don't have anything like it near me.

I also tend to have a weakness for places that have photos I've drooled over on this site for many years; and there is a photo of a burger on the Winstead's review ( https://roadfood.com/restaurants/winsteads/  ) that has the kind of crispy, lacy edges that I love so much.
post edited by phlmaestro - 2017/09/24 13:36:04
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8819
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/24 13:37:38 (permalink)
Really enjoyed the Truman visit. I too loved Truman. "The buck stops here ,should STILL be a motto for politicians!!

BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5773
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/24 14:05:37 (permalink)
As I've mentioned multiple times in the past, Mrs. Roadhouse is a KC/St. Jo native.  As such, we visit family and friends there at least once a year and frequently more.  You made some good choices and (as you've noted) some okay choices.

Town Topic is not my favorite Burger in KC.  That distinction goes to Hayes Hamburgers and LC's Hamburgers (no relation to the BBQ joint), both up north.  They both specialize in that Oklahoma style Burger featuring thinly sliced onions mashed into the meat as it sizzles on the griddle.  That said, Town Topic is no slouch, and a good late night choice.

Your observations about Winstead's are pretty much on the mark.  Not KC's best Burger, but we still go there from time to time, mostly out of nostalgia.  The chain was sold to a large international corporation a couple of decades or so ago.  They're the ones who gave it that polished '50s diner look.  Prior to that it was a bit more rugged.  The kind of diner you'd see in an old black and white movie from the Great Depression era.  IIRC, there was a double horseshoe counter, surrounded by a handful of booths, all upholstered in well worn olive drab vinyl.  The whole place was about half the size it is currently.  According to local lore, it was the kind of establishment where you'd see millionaires and hobos rubbing elbows, sharing a Burger and a good conversation.

Winstead's was a favorite place when my wife and I were courting and in the early years of our marriage.  Our kids loved going there when they were little.  Their favorite visit was undoubtedly the time we split a Skyscraper Sundae (no longer on the menu it seems).  It was literally a huge crystal flower vase filled past the top with scoops of ice cream, covered in various syrups and fruits.  As I say, Winstead's is merely a theme park version of its former self, but still worth the occasional visit to bring back memories.

Jack Stack's white tablecloth Barbecue has never been a favorite of mine, but they do offer serviceable 'Que for the folks who don't want to risk slipping on a greasy floor and breaking a hip at Arthur Bryant's.  Hope you got to at least one other BBQ Shack while you were in town.

We get the same kind of order at Stroud's; a regular dinner plus a "Split Dinner" which gives you an extra soup or salad, plus all the extra potatoes, beans, and gravy.  We discovered it's more than enough for two people and the best way to go if you're staying in a hotel and don't want the leftovers.

We've actually visited Fulton and seen that church you referenced.  It was designed by Christopher Wren in the 1600s.  We wondered how it got to Fulton, MO.  We were there in the evening after everything was locked up, so didn't know the full history.  Thanks for the insight.  I thought it was all original material, but maybe not.

Anyway, it's nice to see photos of familiar places and hear a different take on old favorites.  Looking forward to the rest of the report.

Buddy
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2017/09/24 18:37:18
phlmaestro
Double Cheeseburger
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/24 14:57:34 (permalink)
Thanks for your comments, Buddy.  LC's Hamburgers was on the way to the airport and I had thought about stopping there, but I wasn't feeling that great that day we flew home and didn't feel like throwing another greasy burger in there before noon with a travel day ahead of me.

We chose places on my restaurant list that were convenient to the various places we were visiting a few times on the trip and Winstead's was one of those.
Louis
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1231
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/25 09:06:28 (permalink)
Good report!  From what I've read over the years, Winstead's is not the same place it was as described by Calvin Trillin in one of his books many years ago.  The impression I've been left with by roadfooders who have taken the bullet so the rest of us won't have to is that it's OK, but no great shakes.  Not sure why that is; you would think the newer owners would try to keep everything the same.

I've been to Kansas City (around 1960) but have not been back since.  I need to go to Stroud's to see what all the fuss is about--as well as explore the rest of the city.  It's on my bucket list of things to do.

Next time you come to western Kentucky, I've got some new places for you to try.  You won't be disappointed.

buffetbuster
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 12012
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/25 09:26:04 (permalink)
I visited the Churchill Museum at Fulton College in 1999.  Earlier that year, my dad's secretary retired and moved to Jeff City (as she called it) to be near her sister.  She took me there (and a Mizzou Tigers football game in Columbia) and I loved it.  This was the first time I had seen a piece of the Berlin Wall.  So glad that you made it there as this museum seems to be undervisited.

Great photo and descriptions so far.  Very much looking forward to the rest of the report.
joerogo
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5100
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/25 09:41:35 (permalink)
Great report!  

No chicken gizzards at Stroud's? 
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/25 10:04:12 (permalink)
buffetbuster
I visited the Churchill Museum at Fulton College in 1999.  Earlier that year, my dad's secretary retired and moved to Jeff City (as she called it) to be near her sister.  She took me there (and a Mizzou Tigers football game in Columbia) and I loved it.  This was the first time I had seen a piece of the Berlin Wall.  So glad that you made it there as this museum seems to be undervisited.

Great photo and descriptions so far.  Very much looking forward to the rest of the report.

The Tribune Building downtown Chicago has several interesting bricks build and added into its facade.  One is from the Berlin Wall.  
phlmaestro
Double Cheeseburger
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/25 13:02:34 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joerogo 2017/09/26 09:56:17
joerogo
Great report!  

No chicken gizzards at Stroud's? 

Thanks.  Funny that you mention that in a light-hearted way, because my wife got a kick out of it when our server asked us if we wanted to order those as an appetizer.
1bbqboy
Sirloin
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/25 13:08:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joerogo 2017/09/26 09:56:19
Liver and gizzard bowl is a must. I'm surprised they didn't bring you a complimentary sample.
I hope, since you went for museums, you went to Liberty Memorial/WW1 Museum and The Arabia Museum.
phlmaestro
Double Cheeseburger
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/25 15:07:22 (permalink)
1bbqboy
Liver and gizzard bowl is a must. I'm surprised they didn't bring you a complimentary sample.
I hope, since you went for museums, you went to Liberty Memorial/WW1 Museum and The Arabia Museum.

We went to the WWI Museum and I consider it the single greatest museum experience I've ever had.

I wasn't aware of the Arabia Museum.
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5773
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/25 16:12:58 (permalink)
Both The Arabia Steamboat Museum and the WW I Museum were on the Spring Crawl itinerary, but an overambitious schedule and fatigue prevented the group from visiting either.  Missing those attractions was one of my few regrets from that weekend.

Buddy
1bbqboy
Sirloin
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/25 19:55:28 (permalink)
phlmaestro
1bbqboy

We went to the WWI Museum and I consider it the single greatest museum experience I've ever had.

I wasn't aware of the Arabia Museum.

I didn't mean to get your trip report out of order. Consider it foreshadowing.
phlmaestro
Double Cheeseburger
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/25 20:16:47 (permalink)
The next day of the trip was devoted to Kansas. This was the closest to the geographic center of the country I'd ever been. I had a bit of a rush when I saw the "Welcome to Kansas" sign.

Our first stop was Topeka to check out the state capitol and hit another college book store to buy a mug for my brother-in-law. We started this thing with seeing the state capitols a few years ago. I don't mind because between that the mugs, my wife has a reason to want to take more trips that involve seeing more of the country, which enables me to try more regional roadfood. Of all the capitols we've seen, I'd say the one in Topeka was the most attractive, both the building itself and the grounds.

After checking out the capitol building and buying the mug, we drove close to 20 miles southwest to our first meal of the day, at the Sommerset Café in Dover, KS. We drove through some beautiful and very rural country to get to there. The café had a Mexican lunch buffet in the center of the room and was also at least partially a general store with some shelves full of goods for sale. The reason I decided on going to the Sommerset Hall Café was that their coconut-cream pie was singled out at some point on Good Morning America as being the best pie in the country. I didn't take that claim literally, but I figured if it was singled out in that way, it is probably good enough to drive a little out of the way for. I would compare this place in some ways to Henry's in Ohio. The food, other than the pie, is somewhat of an afterthought. My grilled cheese was pretty good and my wife liked her turkey sandwich, but it was just an ordinary turkey sandwich. Our onion rings were terrible; clearly frozen and not fried long enough. As far as pie goes, we had to order a slice of that coconut-cream pie and the blueberry-custard pie also sounded up our alley, so we also had a slice of that. I would say my biggest food regret of the trip was ordering the grilled cheese and onion rings instead of trying a third flavor of pie. 

The coconut-cream pie lived up to its billing. Until I ate that slice, I would have said without hesitation that the best coconut-cream pie I'd ever eaten was at Henry's. It's been too long since I've had that to make a direct comparison, so I'll just say that the Sommerset Hall Café and Henry's make the two best coconut-cream pies I've ever tasted, by a wide margin. The quality of the custard in the slice I had last week was phenomenal. That is what sets it and the slice I had at Henry's apart. It was high quality, fresh-baked custard rather than the more pudding-like quality of the coconut-cream pies I've tried elsewhere. We also both loved the blue-berry custard pie, although it wasn't what I expected. I thought it would be like a fruit tart in a pie crust. Instead, they fold the regular blueberry topping, which was quite good, into the custard and poor it, mixed, into the pie crust before baking. It's topped with a crumb topping.  I can't comment on the quality of their fruit-pie crust as we didn't have any standard fruit pie.

I feel obligated to mention that when I searched on this site to see if anyone else has written about the Sommerset Hall Café, the only comments I found were from Buffetbuster. While he enjoyed the atmosphere of the place, he did not like the pie. I have an enormous amount of respect for his judgement when it comes to pie. In fact, it was Buffetbuster's pie photos over the years that led to my own interest in pie after years of being more of a cake person. I have to believe in this case, either he tried different flavors than I did or perhaps the place is inconsistent and I caught them on an unusually good day or he caught them on an unusually bad day.

For a long time, due entirely to this site, I was extremely curious about sour cream-raisin pie. I found a very highly-rated recipe online and my wife made it a few months ago. I hated it. I've never really liked sour cream, but I had to erase the curiosity. Here are the pies we ordered:

After we ate, we made our way back to I-70 and headed west to Abilene, to visit the boyhood home and museum devoted to Truman's successor, President Eisenhower, another leader we owe much to for leading us through the turbulent middle of the 20th century. The house is still there, but they tore down the surrounding homes and built a complex that includes a visitors center, museum, library, and chapel with his grave. As with the Truman museum, I enjoyed this tremendously.

Ike enjoyed cooking. There were a few photos of him manning the grill.

View from a landing craft on D-Day.

After seeing Ike's place, we headed back to Kansas City and needed to make another meal stop. I had considered going to Joe's in Kansas City, KS for barbecue, but neither of us wanted to wait that long to eat and I was still craving burgers and malts. We wound up at Bobo's Drive-In back in Topeka. They are in the Hamburger America guidebook. They also have optional car service, but we both wanted to get out of the car and ate inside. I forgot to order cheese on my double steakburger. The pickles are under the patties, which were pretty good, but not great. I had yet to add mustard and ketchup. The chocolate malt had very good flavor, but was easily the least thick of the malts I had on the trip.

We had one more full day left after this, and it would be the only day of the trip that did not include a trip outside of Kansas City. I'll write on that in the final installment of this report.

post edited by phlmaestro - 2017/09/26 07:59:31
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8006
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/26 08:17:29 (permalink)
phlmaestro
I forgot to order cheese on my double steakburger.

I am at a loss for words.

Incidentally, in the photo of Ike manning the grill the station wagon in the background looks like a 1960 Plymouth.
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/26 08:20:20 (permalink)
Those pies look great and while I've never been to Summerset Hall, I have been to Henry's for comparison.  The good thing about pie is that there is always a flavor that someone will enjoy.  My favorite since childhood is Sour Cream Raisin which is non-existent in the Chicago area.  When I cross paths with it, there's fireworks!  

I also enjoy fruit pies, preferably with crumb topping so I would have really enjoyed your Blueberry Custard.  YOur photos and choices look great...on the pies.  The other food shots seem to depict a very minimal standard as your narrative confirmed.  

Good stuff!

BTW - I Like Ike! 
1bbqboy
Sirloin
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/26 09:27:53 (permalink)
ScreamingChicken
phlmaestro
I forgot to order cheese on my double steakburger.

I am at a loss for words.

Incidentally, in the photo of Ike manning the grill the station wagon in the background looks like a 1960 Plymouth.

Maybe Christine was running the country while Ike and Mamie grilled the days away.
phlmaestro
Double Cheeseburger
Re: K.C. With Side Trips to Central Missouri and Kansas 2017/09/26 09:59:21 (permalink)
ChiTownDiner
BTW - I Like Ike! 

I'm glad you wrote that! I forgot I bought an "I Like Ike" magnet that looks like the classic pin. It's been sitting in my work bag. I just took it out and attached it to my desk.

On Ike and cooking, I remember reading in a book on him that he liked cooking. The incident they mentioned was a weekend with close friends at a cabin during his presidency. He insisted that everyone stay out of the kitchen while he fixed breakfast for the entire crew.

That was my last burger and malt meal on the trip. While I enjoyed being able to eat Midwestern, smashed burgers for a few days, I can't say any of the burgers I had rose to the level of greatness. For comparison sake, I would say the best burger I've ever had on a vacation was the double cheeseburger I ate at Carl's Drive-In, just outside of St. Louis. That was also the smashed variety, but it was done much better than any of the four burgers I ate on this trip.
post edited by phlmaestro - 2017/09/26 10:02:24
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5