Krispy Kreme Eclipse Donuts

Author
Davidsanders
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 647
2017/08/19 19:13:35 (permalink)

Krispy Kreme Eclipse Donuts

Krispy Kreme is offering a special "eclipse donut" for three days. I don't know if they will be offered all over the country or just in those stores in the path of the eclipse. I'm in Charleston, and they started offering them today, at about 4 pm. I went there at about 5:20 and the traffic jam was amazing. There might have been 50 or more cars waiting in the drive through line, lined farther than I could see down this busy street Savannah Highway. I was lucky and found a parking spot in the lot, assuming I would be in and out fairly quickly. Surprise, there must have been 50 or more people standing in the line, snaked around the store.

After about 35 or so minutes I had my three chocolate glazed eclipse donuts, and one chocolate cake glazed, which is one of my favorite donuts. I have to say, I have a feeling this eclipse donut won't become a regular item. There didn't seem to be a lot of chocolate flavor, not nearly as much flavor as the chocolate cake glazed. I didn't like it as much as the original glazed.

6 Replies Related Threads

leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8821
    Re: Krispy Kreme Eclipse Donuts 2017/08/19 22:13:57 (permalink)
    Nice idea...and they look fattenin...er,delicious!
    JRPfeff
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5023
    Re: Krispy Kreme Eclipse Donuts 2017/08/20 06:19:49 (permalink)
    David,

Did you plan this trip to witness the eclipse?

Jim
    Davidsanders
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re: Krispy Kreme Eclipse Donuts 2017/08/25 10:58:29 (permalink)
    JRPfeff
    David,

Did you plan this trip to witness the eclipse?

Jim

No. I had planned it before I realized that the eclipse was happening! Then, I thought that I was going to be leaving  Charleston for Savannah the day of the eclipse and would be able to hang around until the eclipse was over. Turned out I had the wrong day, and by the time I tried to change some plans and stay an extra night in Charleston, I couldn't find a room (although I didn't look too terribly hard). I wound up driving from Savannah to Santee, SC. There's a Maurice's BBQ right off the expressway, so I went there for lunch. So did hundreds of others and they ran out of food (after I had mine!). It's normally an hour and 40 minute trip (google maps) and took about an hour 50 to get there. The return trip took four hours. I-95 was a parking lot for most of the trip back to Savannah. But I'm really glad I made the trip. It was a fascinating experience seeing it go from just a sliver to totality and back again.

David

BriDan
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 8
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re: Krispy Kreme Eclipse Donuts 2017/09/12 03:47:57 (permalink)
    they look delicious, haven't dropped by that place for a little while, hope they still have them, want to try one.
    Davidsanders
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re: Krispy Kreme Eclipse Donuts 2017/09/12 10:27:51 (permalink)
    BriDan
    they look delicious, haven't dropped by that place for a little while, hope they still have them, want to try one.

Unless there was a change, the eclipse donuts were only supposed to be for about a three day period. 
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4563
    Re: Krispy Kreme Eclipse Donuts 2017/10/05 19:34:01 (permalink)
    I was in Weiser, Idaho a few days before the eclipse (I watched it from Sweet, Idaho). They had Eclipse Cookies at the Weiser Candy Store that they made. 

Attached Image(s)

Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5