Levis Hot Dogs in Philly 'burbs closes...

Author
acer2x
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 528
2017/10/27 17:53:27 (permalink)

Levis Hot Dogs in Philly 'burbs closes...

Another Philly institution bites the dust....

http://www.philly.com/phi...n-closes-20171027.html

1 Reply Related Threads

phlmaestro
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 743
    Re: Levis Hot Dogs in Philly 'burbs closes... 2017/10/28 13:48:14 (permalink)
    I went to this latest incarnation of Levis Hot Dogs in Abington, which is about 30-45 minutes north of Philadelphia, with my father when it was still relatively new, and the hot dogs didn't really remind me of the ones I recall having the one or two times I went to the original location off of South Street when I was younger. I believe the hot dogs at this newer location and also at one other place just north of Center City I went to that wasn't called Levis, but which sold Levis Hot Dogs were a lot bigger than the hot dogs at the old Levis. If I remember correctly, they may have even come on a smallish hoagie roll with a regular hot dog roll possibly being offered upon request at the Abington location (again, it's been about five years and it was one quick lunch). I tend not to like hot dogs on hoagie rolls.
    Other than that, they did still have the fish cake combo and the Champ Cherry Soda. But it didn't make enough of an impression for me to return, and I'm in that area periodically to visit my parents. 
    post edited by phlmaestro - 2017/10/28 13:49:50
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5