Lodi Tap House in Maple Park, Illinois

Author
Davidsanders
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1171
2019/08/13 00:47:43 (permalink)

Lodi Tap House in Maple Park, Illinois

I heard about this place recently and tried it today. I really enjoyed it. Chicago's Best rated it the Best Burger of 2018. There is also a location in Utica, Illinois. 

It's pretty much a bar with about a dozen tables and lots of televisions.

Many beers on draft.

A lot of choices on the menu.

They also have a Mug Club.

Today's Specials.

They have fried chicken as well as burgers. Maybe I'll try the chicken on my next visit.

I went with the smash'd single burger. It is served with melted Velveeta on a buttered brioche roll. I really enjoyed this. The fries were very good as well.

My girlfriend got the special smash'd burger, with cheddar, fried haystack onions, and jalapeño tomatillo guacamole sauce. Her side was the fried potato salad, which was fried potatoes, cheese, bacon and scallions, and unbelievably rich and decadent. Fantastic. We also both got what they call blackened coleslaw, but I'm not sure why. It seemed like regular, very good slaw (no pictures).

If you're out and about the Western suburbs of Chicago, west of Geneva and St. Charles, I highly recommend this place.

Lodi Tap House
309 W. Main Street
Maple Park, IL
https://www.loditaphouse.com

post edited by Davidsanders - 2019/08/13 10:15:54

5 Replies Related Threads

buffetbuster
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 12578
    Re: Lodi Tap House in Maple Park, Illinois 2019/08/13 07:28:16 (permalink)
    That's a good looking burger David.  I would probably go for that Franklin's Fried Chicken.  If you go back and order the chicken, let us know how it was.

Thanks for the post!
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 9203
    Re: Lodi Tap House in Maple Park, Illinois 2019/08/13 08:37:11 (permalink)
    Just about a week from now, I'll set out on the road...hmmm, there might be a song in there if I rework the words a little bit.

Random trivia factoid: Maple Park was originally named Lodi, which undoubtedly plays into the Tap House's name.  And it's also far enough west of Chicago to NOT be called a suburb, and I'm sure the residents appreciate it when people understand this.

Davidsanders
    I went with the smash'd single burger. It is served with melted velvet on a buttered brioche roll.

I'm guessing you mean Velveeta, but Melted Velvet would be a great name for a band.  How're your heavy metal cello skills?
    post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2019/08/13 08:46:04
    Davidsanders
    Re: Lodi Tap House in Maple Park, Illinois 2019/08/13 10:20:06 (permalink)
    ScreamingChicken
    Just about a week from now, I'll set out on the road...hmmm, there might be a song in there if I rework the words a little bit.

Random trivia factoid: Maple Park was originally named Lodi, which undoubtedly plays into the Tap House's name.  And it's also far enough west of Chicago to NOT be called a suburb, and I'm sure the residents appreciate it when people understand this.

Davidsanders
    I went with the smash'd single burger. It is served with melted velvet on a buttered brioche roll.

I'm guessing you mean Velveeta, but Melted Velvet would be a great name for a band.  How're your heavy metal cello skills?

Wow, three mistakes in one word (Velveeta). I think that might be a non-autocorrect record for me. Thanks for pointing it out, and it's been corrected. 

No heavy metal for me!

Don't you know that everything west of Chicago, including California, is a western suburb? 
    Davidsanders
    Re: Lodi Tap House in Maple Park, Illinois 2019/08/13 10:22:48 (permalink)
    buffetbuster
    That's a good looking burger David.  I would probably go for that Franklin's Fried Chicken.  If you go back and order the chicken, let us know how it was.

Thanks for the post!

I thought about getting both, but decided to just go with the burger. I will definitely get it on my next visit, most likely with a side of that incredibly decadent fried potato "salad", a salad Gregg would have loved.
    chickenplucker
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 859
    Re: Lodi Tap House in Maple Park, Illinois 2019/08/13 11:02:30 (permalink)
    Great find. That burger looked tasty
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5