Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine!

Author
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5504
2006/03/17 14:06:12 (permalink)

Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine!

I bought a cheep stainless steel set wholesale a few years back, the ones that sell on ebay for $200 or so. They are great for cooking lots of things and work kinda like a slow cooker only faster. They cook almost any meat fall apart tender. Works well for vegies and beans also. Anyone else use this kind of cookware and like it?
Joe

11 Replies Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13822
    RE: Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine! 2006/03/18 19:52:47 (permalink)
    I am not sure if you are talking about a pressure cooker?

If you are, Mamaw Smith who lives next door uses one all the time. I have always been afraid of them but I helped her can tomatoes this past year. She uses it to cook almost anything from roast to veggies.

She has one that is better than 60 years old and it still works well although we have had to replace a gasket a few times. When it starts popping steam, I usually stand way back.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    RE: Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine! 2006/03/18 20:25:08 (permalink)
    Sundancer, it's low pressure, they also call it "waterless" but it's not really. It is really low moisture, It can be used as low moisture or as low pressure. Just cooked some potato soup tonight in half the time it would normally take, about 20 mins. They sell some sets that cost 2K or more, hmm Salidmaster I think? Mine just coast $100. Anyway, great stuff but takes some time to learn how to use it. The lid seals but you can still pick it up without the danger.
    Joe
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    RE: Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine! 2006/03/21 11:49:57 (permalink)
    And yes Sundancer LOL, the real pressure cookers are scarrry! I have a brand new one that I am afraid to use. It is waiting for someone to visit who has lots of experience using one, like Mamaw Smith. I think the "low pressure" cooks real close to the real pressure cookers but just takes longer. I used to cook allot in my slow cooker but this stuff speeds up a 9 hr. slow cooker recipe to about 2.5 hrs. and maybe makes things turn out better.
    Joe
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 22601
    RE: Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine! 2006/03/21 12:01:29 (permalink)
    I remember my mother had what she called a "waterless cooker." She used it to make pot roast. It was always inedible, but I doubt that the "waterless cooker" had anything to do with it.

Actually, I just looked up waterless cookers and found that what she called a waterless cooker wasn't really one. According to the West Bend website the waterless cooker, which West Bend says it first produced in the 1920s, used inserts and had clamps for the lid. My mother's was a sort of triangular-shaped heavy pot with a top, but no inserts or clamps.
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    RE: Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine! 2006/03/21 12:29:55 (permalink)
    Interesting bit of cooking history Michael! My pots are round and when steam starts coming out of the lid, you turn down the temp, and then the lid seals, just tight enough that you can't turn it. Then there becomes a low pressure enviorment inside the pot.

Most state fairs I have been to have had a cooking demo booth with folks selling the high end cookware like I am talking about. I guess I need to find a link to this stuff?
    Joe
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    RE: Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine! 2006/03/21 13:14:05 (permalink)
    Ok, this site has my exact set. It does not tell allot about how to use it but if you do a search for "waterless cookware" thers lots of info. Im not trying to sell this stuff, I just thought others here might already have some of this type cookware, or might want to know about it.

Click the link on the left that says "chef's secret stainless".

www.aircore-cookware.com

It took me some time to learn the tricks of using these pots but now I can make them sing and dance.
    Joe
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine! 2006/03/21 14:21:27 (permalink)
    I got a set of waterless cookware {lifetime warranty} when I first got married. Paid a small fortune for the set, I was told it was the last set I would ever need he was wrong got divorced and she took them with her. The claim to fame with this product was that the cookware was stackable you could put one pan on top of another and cook everything on one burner. It did work well and after 30 years the ex is still getting good service out of them. Chow Jim
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    RE: Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine! 2006/03/21 14:40:46 (permalink)
    LOL Jim! Sorrrry you lost your pots! At least you know there still in use. Mine are stackable also. Check out that link but it does not tell much about em, and doesen't say they are stackable but the are. Yours were "saladmaster" I bet, about 2k for those. I'm betin mine work just as well.
    Joe
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine! 2006/03/21 15:28:19 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I remember my mother had what she called a "waterless cooker." She used it to make pot roast. It was always inedible, but I doubt that the "waterless cooker" had anything to do with it.

You mean Lucrecia Borgia?...
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    RE: Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine! 2006/03/30 14:02:34 (permalink)
    I am kinda surprised that no one here is using this type of cookware at home. It really does cook like a slow cooker, only in 1/4 the time, hmmm, maybe even beter than a slow cooker because of the low pressure concept. Just ask Jim's ex if you don't beleive me!
    Joe
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 22601
    RE: Low moisture / low pressure cookware, love mine! 2006/03/30 14:20:58 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90

quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

You mean Lucrecia Borgia?...

That's the one.
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5