Madison & Milwaukee, Wi

Author
E. J.
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 15
2004/08/23 14:26:43 (permalink)

Madison & Milwaukee, Wi

Heading there Labor Day weekend. Suggestions welcome.

2 Replies Related Threads

nberg
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Madison & Milwaukee, Wi 2004/08/23 15:29:07 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by E. J.

Heading there Labor Day weekend. Suggestions welcome.

Madison:
    Breakfast: Cleveland's Diner. Best Breakfast around. Walking distance from the Capital.

Lunch/Snack - State Street Brats. Local flavor, local beers, great brats and burgers

Dinner - Lots of choices on State Street - stay away from the hotels and go out on State Street for lots of great places of every different cuisine.

Milwaukee:

Breakfast: I forgot the name of the Diner, but Food Network $40 a Day went there too. It was very good.

Lunch/Dinner: Water Street Brewery is downtown and has home made beers and great food of all kinds. Turners Restaurant is also very good.

You also should go to either Leon's or Kopp's for custard. Not downtown, but worth the trip. The best anywhere.

Hillbilly
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 994
    RE: Madison & Milwaukee, Wi 2004/08/23 16:31:33 (permalink)
    In Milwaukee, Kopp's for the best frozen custard ANYWHERE (especially if they are serving a nut based dish like butter pecan or pistachio). Their grilled cheese sandwiches are also among the best I have ever had. Jake's for the best corned beef or pastrami outside of New York City (but check the hours before you go--they close early). We also enjoyed Serb Hall, Turner Hall and Dick Manhardt's for Friday night fish fries. Many good places along the river downtown. Soly's for a butter burger (once was enough for me--I prefer to taste the burger--but others rave about it). Mader's for German dishes; King & I for Thai. Downtown night life is active.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5