Manhattan Cheesecake

Author
sizz_leteen
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 118
2005/08/06 14:36:57 (permalink)

Manhattan Cheesecake

Alrighty, so I'm heading down to Manhattan for 4 days, and was wondering where the best cheesecake is. Is the Carnegie Deli's cheesecake any good, or would any of you recommend something better?

3 Replies Related Threads

FlattedFifth
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 34
    RE: Manhattan Cheesecake 2005/08/06 19:48:35 (permalink)
    Well, the general consensus is Juniors and I tend to agree. If you don't want to trek out to Brooklyn to the original they have a sattelite counter in Grand Central Station and I belive the cakes there are equally as good.

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/32899640/new_york_ny/junior_s_restaurant.html
    qwerty79
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 165
    RE: Manhattan Cheesecake 2005/08/06 21:38:01 (permalink)
    The Roxy Deli in Times Square has the best cheesecake in all of New York! They have tons of flavors, each time I go I have to try something new. A slice of cheesecake is about $9 but it can easily feed 2 or 3. I tried to find their website but I guess they don't have one. I did find this page though. At the top of the page you can click on their menu.

http://www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?neighborhoodid=0&restaurantid=3622

Here is part of their huge menu:
    quote:
    Our Famous Cheesecakes
    A Roxy Specialty
    Plain New York Cheese Cake
    Fruit & Flavored Cheese Cake
    Fresh Strawberry, Cherry, Rocky Mountain Macadamia Nut, Rocky Road, Roxy's Rugelach, Fudge Peanut Buttercup, Southern Pecan, Raspberry Hazelnut Chocolate Chunk, White Chocolate Raspberry, Black Forest, Chocolte Cappuccino, Chocolate Marble, Pineapple Coconut, Triple Chocolate Brownie, Apple Caramel Streusel, Black & White Mouse, Oreo Cheesecake

I have never eaten at the Carnegie Deli or Juniors, but I have had junior's cheesecake and its really good. My uncle goes to Junior's for egg creams and brings us back some cheesecake. We used to go to Lindy's, in Times Square by MTV, for cheesecake but after trying the Roxy's we haven't been back. Lindy's cheesecake is still good but they don't have as many flavors.
    NYNM
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3054
    RE: Manhattan Cheesecake 2005/08/07 00:12:39 (permalink)
    As a Manhattanite, I make a distinction between "regular" cheesecake, cream cheese cake and Italian cheesecake. Sometimes I prefer the Italian version, which is more grainy and "rough" but hen it has more texture than the "smooth" kind. You can get it in good Italian bekeries (try Bleecker St.or Ferrara's on Grand St. in Little Italy). I'm not a fan of the "flavored" kinds. I'd rather just put some fresh fruit on top.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5