Helpful ReplyHot!March 2017 North and South Carolina and Savannah trip

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Davidsanders
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 662
Re: March 2017 North and South Carolina and Savannah trip 2017/09/03 10:14:39 (permalink)
nagle
Davidsanders
I got to Savannah this afternoon. I went to Gerald's for dinner and am just about to walk over to Leopold's. Enjoy your time there!

We arrived in Savannah yesterday afternoon having stopped at Big Boys BBQ on the drive here. We split the rib / brisket combo with hash, Mac and cheese and potato salad. What a fantastic lunch.

We followed in your footsteps last night by going to B & D for burgers.
We split an order of fried pickles which we both really enjoyed.
I had the Colonial (cheese, applewood smoked bacon and a fried egg) with regular fries.
Jen had the Wormsloe (pimento cheese and fried green tomato) with sweet potato fries.

Both burgers were fantastic and we were very pleased with what we ordered.

We then walked over to Leopold's for ice cream. It was busy with a line to the end of the block, but we perseveredūüėÄ

Jen had a double scoop of lemon custard and peach.

I tried the pistachio and butter pecan.

Both were outstanding. Well worth the wait. This will be a regular stop on future trips to Savannah.

Cheers
John

Hi John,

I'm glad you enjoyed Big Boy's, B & D and Leopold's. Are you in Savannah for a little while longer? Where else are you headed?

David

nagle
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 233
Re: March 2017 North and South Carolina and Savannah trip 2017/09/03 21:20:19 (permalink)
Davidsanders
nagle
Davidsanders
I got to Savannah this afternoon. I went to Gerald's for dinner and am just about to walk over to Leopold's. Enjoy your time there!

We arrived in Savannah yesterday afternoon having stopped at Big Boys BBQ on the drive here. We split the rib / brisket combo with hash, Mac and cheese and potato salad. What a fantastic lunch.

I had the Colonial (cheese, applewood smoked bacon and a fried egg) with regular fries.
Jen had the Wormsloe (pimento cheese and fried green tomato) with sweet potato fries.

We then walked over to Leopold's for ice cream. It was busy with a line to the end of the block, but we perseveredūüėÄ

Both were outstanding. Well worth the wait. This will be a regular stop on future trips to Savannah.

Cheers
John

Hi John,

I'm glad you enjoyed Big Boy's, B & D and Leopold's. Are you in Savannah for a little while longer? Where else are you headed?

David

David
It was a one night stop on the way to Vero Beach. After a couple of days here we are meeting our son in Orlando for a week. Then quite likely a day or two back in Savannah on the way home. Already thinking of Tybee Breakfast Club and AJ's Dockside. And a visit or two to Leopold's of course.

John
buffetbuster
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 12018
Re: March 2017 North and South Carolina and Savannah trip 2017/09/03 21:23:59 (permalink)
John, we are in Savannah also, listening to a band next to the river, waiting to get into Huey's. This city is a madhouse this weekend. We tried to get into Leopold's , but turned around when we saw the line.
Davidsanders
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 662
Re: March 2017 North and South Carolina and Savannah trip 2017/09/03 22:44:54 (permalink)
buffetbuster
John, we are in Savannah also, listening to a band next to the river, waiting to get into Huey's. This city is a madhouse this weekend. We tried to get into Leopold's , but turned around when we saw the line.

The line at Leopold's generally moves fairly quickly. And well worth the wait!

I didn't love my meal at Huey's last week. I hope you fair better. I preferred Vic's.

David
nagle
Cheeseburger
Re: March 2017 North and South Carolina and Savannah trip 2017/09/04 06:35:16 (permalink)
buffetbuster

Sorry we missed you Cliff. We left yesterday morning. It sure was busy this weekend. How was Huey's?
The line at Leopold's was out the door and all the way to the corner when we got there. We waited 30-40 minutes to get in and get our ice cream.
nagle
Cheeseburger
Re: March 2017 North and South Carolina and Savannah trip 2017/09/04 06:38:36 (permalink)
Davidsanders
nagle
Davidsanders

Cheers
John

Hi John,

David

David,
This was our second stop at Big Boys in 2 years. We were told about it by Dale and Mike Shell. It is so convenient for us as we drive right by there on our trips to Georgia and Florida. We arrived at opening time and there was no wait at all.
post edited by nagle - 2017/09/04 07:48:54
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5