Author
Mrs.Crunch
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 203
2019/03/07 13:49:54 (permalink)

Mi Tocaya Antojería in Chicago

Mi Tocaya Antojería  2800 W Logan Blvd, Chicago, IL 60647  
http://www.mitocaya.com

Hands down the best dinner we had in Chicago! The service was welcoming, quick & friendly, reservations are a must
due to the restaurant’s popularity & stellar food. Our dinner reservation was at 5:30pm and the place was packed. We started out with the $4 Chips and Salsa, the Salsa was homemade- it was so good I wished they bottled it! The Guacamole with Chili Ash was $10.00 with traditional flavors- nothing crazy. The chips are served in a small basket which I thought was great because the chips get eaten, no leftovers and a fresh small basket is served to you again when your server notices the chips are almost gone. We ordered 2 different tacos: CHUCHO'S POLLO-smoked beer can chicken, xoconostle and CAMPECHANO -cochinita, chorizo, carne asada. Both excellent in flavor, $4 each. I ordered the TUETANO CON SABORES DE CALDO
roasted bone marrow, short rib, homemade flour tortilla $15, the tortilla was a bit too greasy for me but otherwise Awesome. We also ordered the QUESO FUNDIDO CON BORREGO lamb chorizo, goat cheese, limed kumquat $18, the melted cheese was very flavorful in a “cheesy” way and the kumquats were a great balance of bright citrus to cut the richness of the Cheese. Sadly there was no room for dessert, LOL!

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

BuddyRoadhouse
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6627
    Re: Mi Tocaya Antojería in Chicago 2019/03/07 15:11:29 (permalink)
    Mi Tocaya was featured on the Chicago episode of "No Passport Required", focusing on our city's Mexican communities and their food culture.  Chef Diana Davila showed Chef/Host Marcus Samuelsson how to make a Mole Verde.

Thanks for your report.  We'll be checking out Mi Tocay very soon!

Buddy
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5