Minden LA

Author
LittleJohn
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 16
2005/08/02 08:37:08 (permalink)

Minden LA

Well, its time for my riding club (Southern Cruisers) to make its yearly trip to Memphis. I will be travelling with about 20 people on a nice little route weve decided on.
I will be travelling in about a month (last week of Aug, first week of Sept.) through Minden, LA. I will be coming from the south on 371, crossing I20 and Minden is a good spot (timewise) to look for a lunch stop. We will be leaving after lunch going north on 79 towards Homer.

Anyone have some good suggestions for the Minden area?

3 Replies Related Threads

BelleReve
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1426
    RE: Minden LA 2005/08/05 11:04:16 (permalink)
    LittleJohn - You might try posting your question on http://phorums.neworleans.com/foodfest It's free, but you can log on as "guest" if you don't want to register.

This is a great site and you will probably get some responses, but you may need to be more specific about what type of food you want (these are serious foodies, so they are more likely to give you mom and pop style places where the locals eat, over chain restaurants in that area).

LittleJohn
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: Minden LA 2005/08/09 16:12:32 (permalink)
    BelleReve,
    Thanks!!! I did some more research, and had a friend up there this past weekend try out a place. Wre gonna try out Cottons Fried Chicken. Theyve got some rave reviews, including my friend who tried them this past weekend. Thanks for the link, I may use it another time. I love Mom and Pop places.
    BelleReve
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1426
    RE: Minden LA 2005/08/11 11:15:07 (permalink)
    LittleJohn - I'm new to this forum, but want to say how nice and helpful everyone from this forum has been. We have a group from New Orleans going for a day trip to Thibodaux this Fall, and was able to get some tips for lunch from both this forum, and the other.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5