Helpful ReplyHot!Minneapolis / St. Paul Crawl: April 25th to 28th, 2019

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 25 of 37
Author
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6489
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/24 04:08:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby nagle 2019/01/24 06:24:57
Some folks on these Crawls believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  So much so, they eat three or four of them before the rest of us are awake.  Unfortunately, like the Pastry & Bakery category, breakfast is not my strong suit, so all other informed opinions are welcome.  This is what we’ve got to choose from so far

Breakfast
Birchwood Café: Looks like a pleasant youth oriented urban café, but they’d probably find a place for a bunch of old fogeys like us.  Birchwood serves all day, but my sources say breakfast is the preferred meal here.  All the usual suspects are on the menu; eggs in various incarnations, pancakes, waffles, etc..  The item that popped out was the Sambal Maple Sausage side dish.  Sambal is the intensely flavored chili paste seen in most Thai and other Asian restaurants.  Should be interesting to see how those flavors work together.

Our Kitchen: A cute little neighborhood jointLiterally.  Depending on how many folks ultimately turn out for this crawl, we might not fit in there.  If we can manage it, the ambiance is warm and inviting with a classic short order griddle going full bore all day.  Nuthin’ fancy on this menu, just straight up old school diner grub, well prepared.  The Hash Browns look exceptional.

The Bird Minneapolis: Looks like the Tourism Board pointed us toward another hipster operation, this one incorporating some Asian fusion, brown rice, and quinoa into their menu.  Probably shouldn’t rush to judge.  Looks like they’re in a nice neighborhood, and the interior looks comfortable.  Internet photos show the kitchen putting out healthy stuff, including versions of classic comfort breakfasts like Quinoa Blueberry PancakesPoached Eggs Over Hash and Veggies,

But if you want to avoid the healthy stuff, there's always a big plate of Doughnuts with Dippin' Sauces.

Day By Day Café: Already listed up in the Diners section, Day By Day Café gets a second mention, specifically because of their All Day Breakfasts.  Like "Our Kitchen" above, this is simple fare, served in a not too funky atmosphere.  In fact, if the weather allows, they have a beautiful outdoor koi pond and garden space out back.  Looking at the food photos, the Corned Beef Hash especially caught my eye.

Cook St. Paul: Another small neighborhood operation.  The menu claims to be “Serving American-Style Diner Breakfast”, but looking at the photos, I’m seeing a distinct Asian influence.  Could be just my imagination, but based the internet photos, the Kimchee Omelet seems to be a pretty popular dish.  All the other classics are there, and the Short Ribs Eggs Benedict looks like it might make some of our hard core Breakfast fans happy.

Key’s Café & Bakery: Like Day By Day Café, Key’s gets a second mention due to their reputation for great Breakfasts.  The “Famous” Cinnamon and Caramel Rolls got attention, but they’ve got a full Breakfast menu.  The ambiance of this place reminds of Pancake Pantry in Nashville.

There is no doubt that the Twin Cities are not known for their Barbecue.  Their most famous Rib House (best description I can think of, because this definitely wasn’t Barbecue) was Rudolph’s; now closed.  The ribs were baked or boiled to a fall off the bone mushy consistency, then finished off on a gas grill with a super sweet and sticky sauce.  By that standard, every other place in town was a step up.

Over the years we tried Market BBQ, Famous Dave’s (before he was famous), and Scott Ja-Mama’s BBQ.  All were adequate, none were exceptional.  In the years since our regular visits, it looks like the MSP ‘Que Scene has grown, although it is yet to be seen if it’s improved.  Some notable candidates suggested by our local experts…

Barbecue
Smoke in the Pit: Judging a book strictly by its cover, Smoke in the Pit looks legitJust a neighborhood shack (hey, by Minneapolis standards, that’s a shack) serving up real pit smoked BBQ, including Brisket, Ribs, and even Wings!

Ted Cook's 19th Hole Barbeque: Ted’s is probably the oldest Greasehouse in the Twin Cities, having been around for 50 years.  I’m not sure why we never visited Ted’s during past visits.  Anytime we’d tell the locals about how disappointed we were with MSP BBQ, they’d always say, “Ya gotta try Ted’s.”

Once again, looking at the outside, Ted’s has got Street Cred.  Looks like the focus on the menu is Ribs, both Pork and Beef.  They seem to be pretty proud of their Hot Links too.  Seating looks limited to non-existent.  This has all the makings of a grand Al Trunko Street Feast! 

FireBox Deli: A Google search for Twin Cities Barbecue repeatedly brings up Fire Box Deli among the top entries.  Reviews are mixed, but photos show well smoked meats with solid smoke rings and moist interiors.  One guy complained that vinegar was the predominant flavor in the sauce.  I reckon he’s never had Carolina ‘Que.

Hot Dogs
Uncle Franky’s: I’m not sure why we’d want this on a Twin Cities Crawl, but just in case the group has strong feelings about Hot Dog Joints, here it is.  MSP has no particular Hot Dog culture of its own, so Uncle Franky’s tries to approximate the best of all the other Hot Dog hot spots under one roofChicago Style Dogs and Maxwell Street Polish sit side by side with Detroit Coneys and New York Street Cart Dogs.  Other cultural appropriations include Chicago’s Italian Beef sandwich, Philly Cheesesteaks, and NYC Pastrami sandwiches.

I hate to say it, especially since we have so many possible Burger options already, but Uncle Franky's Burgers look pretty darned good.

Who knows, we could be surprised.  All in favor say, “Aye”!

Fried Chicken
Revival: Being the frugal Roadfooder that I am, I’m slightly reluctant to include this steeply priced ($29 for a whole bird, cut into ten pieces, no sides) place on the list.  But it comes highly recommended by several sources, and they offer an interesting one-two-punch.  Known for their Fried Chicken, they also offer a full menu of Southern Style ‘Que (depending on which location we visit) including Brisket, Pulled Pork, Ribs, and a frighteningly delicious looking Pastrami Sandwich.  Their Keg & Case Food Hall (more on them later) location focuses exclusively on Smoked Meats and Sides.

Next up: Steakhouses, Breweries and Brewpubs, Delis, and Mexican(!).

Good news, we're more than halfway done.

Buddy
buffetbuster
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 12513
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/24 12:27:01 (permalink)
At one point, I hope my group is willing to make a side trip to Stockholm Pie Company in Stockholm, WI.  Think I could talk CTD into pie?  Wish me luck!

It is a little more than a hour away from the twin cities, so this would not be an ideal stop for the Crawl.
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 959
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/24 14:39:40 (permalink)
ChiTownDiner
Thank You for not listing ChiBears 15 and me as The ChiTownDiners.  

I believe Cousin Johnny is coming.

Also under Part Time - Davydd?

I thought he said he might come at some point?

I'll go back through and look again when I get time.

BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/24 14:44:43 (permalink)
buffetbuster
At one point, I hope my group is willing to make a side trip to Stockholm Pie Company in Stockholm, WI.  Think I could talk CTD into pie?  Wish me luck!

It is a little more than a hour away from the twin cities, so this would not be an ideal stop for the Crawl.

This sounds like an expeditionary mission.  Perhaps someone not interested in some of the planned stops could strike out on their own, pick up a few pies for the group, and bring them back.  Maybe wanderingjew will make the trip while the rest of us visit Carol's and Kaffe Stuga.

Just a thought.

Buddy
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8988
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/24 19:33:36 (permalink)
Someone driving in from the east could stop at Stockholm on the way, thus reducing the need for a special trip during the crawl.  Furthermore, continuing north on WI-35 and crossing the river on US-63 at Hager City to US-61 in Red Wing makes a stop for burgers at Kings Place practically mandatory.

I'll be really surprised if anyone from WI or Chicago makes the trip via plane and not car.  In fact, if there are any attendees with the resources to do so, flying into Milwaukee or Chicago and then renting a car for the rest of the trip is a great idea.
post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2019/01/24 20:21:10
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/25 15:34:37 (permalink)
Very efficient (and delicious) thinking ChickenDude.  And very possible.  At least two cars, may be three, coming from Chicago, and one likely from Milwaukee.  We'd better coordinate, or we could end up with a dozen pies.  Not that some folks would mind.

Our last few trips to MSP have involved stops at Dick's Bar in Hudson, WI (per recommendation by JRPfeff) for their excellent Burgers, but Kings Place looks like an interesting change of pace.  OTOH, this blog article indicates Hudson is a hotbed of Saloon Burger culture.  Is it too late to change the Crawl destination?  Maybe a pre-Crawl Crawl is in order.

Also, your point about out-of-towners flying into Chicago or Milwaukee, then driving the rest of the distance, is well taken.  Although I'm not sure it's a realistic possibility for most.  Still, if you've got the time, the money, and the inclination, there's some mighty nice scenery and some good grub on almost any route you take between Lake Michigan and the Twin Cities.  A mosey up the Mississippi is very rewarding.

Will we be seeing any members of the ChickenClan that weekend?

Buddy
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/26 04:11:21 (permalink)
I have a standing commitment for the last weekend in April so no, I won't be able to participate.
ChiTownDiner
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5362
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/26 07:59:52 (permalink)
ScreamingChicken
I have a standing commitment for the last weekend in April so no, I won't be able to participate.

Must be for Italian Beef....
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/26 13:03:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ChiTownDiner 2019/01/26 13:39:01
Then it would be a standing and leaning commitment.

Buddy
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/27 12:49:37 (permalink)
ScreamingChicken

Updated.

IN
The Bonks
The Roadfoods
The Buffetbusters
The Wanderingjews
The Abe Froemans
The Meltons
The ChiTownBears
Rumaki
Joerogo
CNW
Schlotz (through Friday)
Rumaki (part-time)
Ahi Mpls (part-time)
Cousin Johnny
(21)

MAYBE
The Nagles
JRPJeff
Will Work For BBQ
DavyDD
Sundancer7 + 1
(7)

post edited by Bonk - 2019/01/31 20:31:15
ChiTownDiner
Sirloin
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/29 14:55:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby nagle 2019/01/29 16:43:56
It's official...Cousin Johnny moves to the In List!  
nagle
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 316
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/29 16:44:53 (permalink)
ChiTownDiner

So does that mean he is a ChiTownBear?

Beefcake 2.3?
Lurker
  • Total Posts : 0
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/29 16:58:11 (permalink)
nagle
ChiTownDiner

Beefcake 2.3?

No beefcake without Billyboy

It does sound like the stars are in place for a "little visitor"
ChiTownDiner
Sirloin
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/29 17:05:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joerogo 2019/01/29 17:58:42
wanderingjew
nagle
ChiTownDiner

Beefcake 2.3?

Not sure Sandra will let your "little visitor" come out and play...
ChiTownDiner
Sirloin
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/29 17:08:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby nagle 2019/01/29 17:17:50
nagle
ChiTownDiner

Beefcake 2.3?

We may have a "New Wheel" in the BeefcakeMobile this year!  Surprise announcement!  
joerogo
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5279
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/29 17:53:45 (permalink)
ChiTownDiner
nagle
ChiTownDiner

Beefcake 2.3?

We may have a "New Wheel" in the BeefcakeMobile this year!  Surprise announcement!  
 Little? That word never comes to mind when speaking about Beefcake! Do I need the minivan? Or is the visitor that .....small?
post edited by joerogo - 2019/01/29 17:57:55
joerogo
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5279
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/29 18:01:19 (permalink)
ChiTownDiner
wanderingjew
nagle
ChiTownDiner

Beefcake 2.3?

Not sure Sandra will let your "little visitor" come out and play...

Wait a minute......how "little" are we talkin here?
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/31 04:49:03 (permalink)
Once again, starting off with a couple of categories not in my wheelhouse; Steakhouses and Breweries/Brew Pubs

Steakhouses
Murray’s Steakhouse: Well reviewed here on Roadfood, Murray’s is one of two old school Steakhouses in the Twin Cities.  Murray’s sits on the Minneapolis side of the river.  No surprise, they’re high priced, but offer good value as Steakhouses go.  The 28oz. “Silver Butter Knife Steak For Two” runs $105, but it looks like it could feed four or five after a long day of Roadfooding.  The lunch menu is more affordable and still offers some nice steak options, plus house smoked Pastrami and Walleye Shore Lunch.  Also, they have a decent looking Raspberry Pie.

Mancini’s Char House: Recommended by one of our local scouts, Mancini’s is St. Paul’s entry in the Classic Steakhouse race.  They’ve got the “look” by golly; high semi-circle banquettes upholstered in deep red leatherette in a dimly lit high ceiling room.  The Steaks look solid.  Nice hunks of cow, prepared to order.

Looking at photos of the family who owns the place, plus a quick glance at the menu makes me think this is more of a working man’s Steakhouse.  The prices are more affordable than Murray’s, and the vibe seems less formal, while still offering a special dining experience.  It’s closer in character to a Wisconsin Supper Club, emphasized by the “Pickle & Tomato Plate” approximation of a Relish Tray.  I think I saw a Brandy Old Fashioned sneak in there too.

Breweries & Brewpubs
Surly Brewery: Sorry folks, this is another area I’m highly unqualified to discuss.  Looks like a nice GastroPub menu, also PizzaPhotos of the food look pretty good.  They’ve got 43 rotating taps and offer free daily tours of the very modern brewing facility.

Pryes Brewing: A considerably smaller menu than Surly offers.  Up until this week Pryes featured a rotating kitchen that changed menus every few months.  Starting this past Monday they're working with a local Italian restaurateur who focuses on Apps and Pizzas.  They also showcase a smaller Beer list, too.  Not clear if they offer tours.

Seriously, anyone with more Brewery knowledge and interest is welcome to further pursue this category and make suggestions.  Can’t promise it will make the final Crawl list, but if there’s enough interest from the group I’ll work it in.  Otherwise, the Foamheads can go off on their own and rejoin us after they’ve had a couple of pops.

Delis
Cecil’s Deli: I wouldn’t have included a Deli on this list, based on our past experiences in the Twin Cities, but Cecil’s seems to have the right vibeLocated several blocks away from the neighborhood’s main business district, off in a world of its own surrounded by residential properties, Cecil’s feels like a hold out from another era.  The Vienna Beef sign hanging outside gives them proper cred, at least creating enough interest to walk in the front door.

Sandwiches appear to well stuffed (three different sizes), the Matzo Ball Soup looks appetizing, and they’ve got Knishes, Blintzes, and Egg Cream on the menu, so what could be bad?

Okay, I admit, a Deli isn’t the first thing I’d include on an MSP Crawl, but who knows, if the group likes the looks of it, and we’ve got a slot to fill, Cecil’s could make the final list.

Like Barbecue, you’re not thinking Mexican when you think Mpls/StP, but they’ve got a fair number of good-looking Latino joints up there, and some of them look like they can deliver a true Roadfood experience, so let’s take a closer look.

Mexican & Latin American
Hola Arepa: Let’s start with that second word in the name.  An Arepa is a thick cornmeal cake eaten primarily in Venezuela and Colombia.  At Hola Arepa they use the cakes as the building blocks for their fabulous Griddle Cake Sandwiches.

Choices for fillings include Slow Roasted Pork, Chimichurri Chicken, and Chorizo and others.  The simple menu includes a nice selection of sides, Microbrews, and Cocktails.

There’s also Happy Hour/Late Night menu for independent study.

Manny’s Tortas: This brother and sister operation has two locations; one in the Midtown Global market, which is already a likely stop, and a neighborhood market in a suitably seedy looking area (there’s a pawn shop nearby, other than that it looks pretty cool).

The menu features a long list of Tortas (Mexican Sandwiches) with a longer list of fillings.  Their appetizer menu pays tribute to their adopted Upper Midwest Home with a dish called Potachos—Hashbrowned Potatoes smothered in Pico de Gallo!

Taco Taxi: Right next door to Manny’s, this tiny storefront offers an equally tiny menu of classic Taqueria options including Tacos (duh), Burritos, Tortas, and Sopes.  The authentic fillings include Tongue, Tripe, and Cabeza (head) along with more non-threatening choices like Steak, Carnitas, Chicken and Al Pastor.  This place looks like it could survive even in Chicago.

El Burrito Mercado: I like the looks of this place a lot.  From the outside it reminds me of the entry arch to one of Chicago’s Mexican neighborhoods, Little Village.  On the inside it is many things all in one; Mexican market, Deli, Bakery, sit-down restaurant, and outdoor patio; if the weather allows.

The breakfast/lunch menu and dinner menu in the sit-down restaurant offer a full range of classic Mexican dishes.  The Deli allows you to walk down the line and build your own Comfort Food plate.

Brasa Premium Rotisserie: I'm not sure what to make of this place.  They present themselves as kinda upscale, aimed at the hipster/trendy crowd, definitely not a neighborhood Taqueria.  But then a closer look reveals it's located in a converted gas station, so maybe they’ve got a little cred.  I guess I’m a little suspect of a Latino joint with a curry dish on its menu.  OTOH, south-of-the-border Rotisserie Chicken is pretty good stuff.  Two locations, one in Minneapolis and also one in St. Paul, so we can squeeze them into the schedule on any given day.

Abi’s Café: A cute little hole-in-the-wall, located in the same neighborhood with Manny’s and Taco Taxi (hmm…I’m starting to think this can be a one stop opportunity to hit at least three or more places).  Abi’s menu offers Salvadoran treats like Pupusas, Tortas and Pasteles (like an Empanada only lighter, crispier, and even more delicious) alongside more typical Mexican dishes.

Taqueria Los Ocampo: They have several locations, including one in the Midtown Global Market, where we may already be headed.  Menu looks solid, food looks tasty, and they’re the only Mexican restaurant in the area with the word “Taqueria” in its name.

That's it for this installment.  I may get this list finished up with the next post, maybe two at the most.

Stay warm everybody, Spring is just around the corner!

Buddy
rumaki
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1484
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/31 06:34:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ChiTownDiner 2019/01/31 09:55:47
Just to say that the raspberry pie at Murray's is far more than 'decent.'  I always have it when I go. Wise to order at the outset; they do run out. They did a major interior renovation a few years ago, and lost their original over the top Deco style. That said, the steaks are excellent, but it IS expensive. Lunch is a better value in some ways, but for me, Murray's is a dinner place.

I wouldn't call Mancini's a working man's spot, but it is less expensive that Murray's. The 'relish tray' is not a relish tray; if you don't like peppers, pickles and onions, its appeal is limited. I have only been once. It is very much a 'if you are a regular, it is great; if not, meh' kind of place, at least in my experience. Steaks are popular, but inferior to Murray's in my view.
ChiTownDiner
Sirloin
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/01/31 14:32:30 (permalink)
One genuine autographed Beefcake1 napkin for our 20th confirmed signup...and no Joe Rogo can't un-sign to get at #20.

Twenty Fifth confirmed signup gets to hang with Dale's little visitor!  Cortados are extra...

schlotz
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 97
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/02/01 08:52:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ChiTownDiner 2019/02/01 09:41:01
BuddyRoadhouse

Breweries & Brewpubs
Surly Brewery: Sorry folks, this is another area I’m highly unqualified to discuss.  Looks like a nice GastroPub menu, also PizzaPhotos of the food look pretty good.  They’ve got 43 rotating taps and offer free daily tours of the very modern brewing facility.

Seriously, anyone with more Brewery knowledge and interest is welcome to further pursue this category and make suggestions.  Can’t promise it will make the final Crawl list, but if there’s enough interest from the group I’ll work it in.  Otherwise, the Foamheads can go off on their own and rejoin us after they’ve had a couple of pops.

Buddy

Surly is surely the 800 pound gorilla of craft breweries in the area.  This weekend, I plan to put together a list of other notable craft brewery options for reference.

There is one brewery/wursthall which could be worthy of consideration for a stop.

Waldmann Brewery & Wurstery (http://waldmannbrewery.com/) in St. Paul resides in a historic building dating back to 1857. 

The brewery is faithful to traditional German styles of beer. 
THE SULTAN (Aside) Approving side-glance to the audience followed by a regionally appropriate grin...

The food menu appears to focus on German dishes and wursts plus a couple of smoked fish plates.
post edited by schlotz - 2019/02/01 09:23:49
Root-Beer Man
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1702
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/02/01 13:39:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby schlotz 2019/02/01 14:08:37
While I have never been there, my beer judge/homebrewer wife has been to Surly a few times when she's been up there judging, and she is a huge fan of their beers! So are all the other beer judges. It's a hit with the pros, and if you like beer it would be at the top of the list! She has also spoken highly of their food, which she had had every time she's been there.
schlotz
Hamburger
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/02/01 14:08:30 (permalink)
Root-Beer Man
While I have never been there, my beer judge/homebrewer wife has been to Surly a few times when she's been up there judging, and she is a huge fan of their beers! So are all the other beer judges. It's a hit with the pros, and if you like beer it would be at the top of the list! She has also spoken highly of their food, which she had had every time she's been there.

Root-Beer Man,

Appreciate the tip!  I will put it high on my list for a visit or two...
abe_froeman
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 964
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/02/02 00:21:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby schlotz 2019/02/02 14:36:16
Mr. Maki's more of a beer drinker than I am and we stopped at Surly when we were in MPS a couple years ago- he really loved their stuff.  He would definitely be up for a stop there, whether it's on the official itinerary or not.

ETA: My bad, we went to Dangerous Man, not Surly!  He *wanted* to go to Surly, though!
post edited by abe_froeman - 2019/02/02 15:38:15
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/02/05 17:38:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby schlotz 2019/02/09 18:16:34
abe_froeman
Mr. Maki's more of a beer drinker than I am and we stopped at Surly when we were in MPS a couple years ago- he really loved their stuff.  He would definitely be up for a stop there, whether it's on the official itinerary or not.

ETA: My bad, we went to Dangerous Man, not Surly!  He *wanted* to go to Surly, though!

I'm definitely interested, too. 
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/02/07 19:25:36 (permalink)
We just booked at the Hampton NW in Maple Grove. 4.4 stars, $492 for four nights after all the bull****.
schlotz
Hamburger
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/02/09 18:25:34 (permalink)
Minneapolis Breweries

Surly Brewing Beer Hall  (520 Malcolm Ave SE, (763) 999-4040 | map)
surlybrewing.com

Dangerous Man (1300 2nd St NE, (612) 236-4087 | map)
dangerousmanbrewing.com

Indeed (711 15th Ave NE, (612) 643-1226 | map)
indeedbrewing.com
Nestled alongside the train tracks in the heart of the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District, Indeed is a full-scale production brewery led by Head Brewer Josh Bischoff, with an artfully eclectic line-up of distinctive flagship beers, well-loved seasonal releases, and adventurous specialty brews. Its diverse offerings are anchored by its flagship Day Tripper Pale Ale, and rounded out by seasonal and experimental brews, as well as the Wooden Soul series of wild, sour, and barrel-aged beer.

Fair State (2506A Central Ave NE, (612) 444-3209 | map )
fairstate.coop

Town Hall (1430 Washington Ave S, (612) 339-8696 | map)
townhallbrewery.com 

Sisyphus (712 Ontario Ave W,  map)
sisyphusbrewing.com 

St Paul Breweries

Barrel Theory (248 E 7th St, (651) 600-3422 | map)
barreltheory.com

BlackStack (755 Prior Ave N, (612) 369-2932,  map)
blackstackbrewing.com 

Other

BevSource The Lab (767 Eustis Street in St. Paul,  map)

The Lab will serve as an adventurous tasting hub for consumers to sip and sample a variety of new and exclusive beverages before they are available in the market. BevSource will invite its network of both established and start-up beverage brands to explore the boundaries of the latest trends and newest ingredients and introduce their creations at The Lab for consumers to experience what’s next in beverages.

Press Release

ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/02/09 21:53:56 (permalink)
I was doing some research for my summer vacation and came across Willow River State Park, about 5 miles north of Hudson, WI.  If any of you who're driving to MSP also have an interest in waterfalls, WRSP might be worth checking out.
post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2019/02/09 21:55:29
schlotz
Hamburger
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/02/09 22:09:07 (permalink)
One more brewery for sours and foeder barrel aged beers.

Wild Mind Artisan Ales (6031 Pillsbury Ave S, (612) 345-4498 | map)

wildmindales.com 

Wild Mind Artisan Ales specializes in wild, sour, farmhouse, saison, and rustic ales through barrel aging and blending. All of our beers are brewed with wild Minnesota yeast cultured from around the state by our head brewer.
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2019/02/13 02:47:42 (permalink)
ScreamingChicken
I was doing some research for my summer vacation and came across Willow River State Park, about 5 miles north of Hudson, WI.  If any of you who're driving to MSP also have an interest in waterfalls, WRSP might be worth checking out.

We're renting a car, but yeah, that's very intriguing to us.

Thanks for sharing!
Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 25 of 37
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5