Molten Chococalte Cakes with red Hawaiian Sea Salt
Easy to make and awesome presentation with the red salt topping! Got this from www.coastalspicetraders.com
Molten Chococalte Cakes with Hawaiian Sea Salt
9 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
6 tbsp butter, softened
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp Kahlua
1/8 tsp , plus additional for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter two six-muffin tins, and dust the insides with sugar.
2. On a double-boiler, melt chocolate until smooth, stirring to ensure everything melts. Set aside to cool.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla, , and Kahlua.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, until all of them are incorporated.
5. Beat in the chocolate and flour and pour the batter into the muffin tins, about 3/4 full.
6. Sprinkle sea salt over the tops of the muffins.
7. Bake for 9-10 minutes, allow to cool, and turn cakes out onto a plate.
Makes twelve mini cakes.