New London

Author
ChrisOC
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1430
2014/09/06 12:41:13 (permalink)

New London

We will be in CT late September.  MsOC googled up a sea food place in New London called the Lobster Dock.  Anyone been there?

7 Replies Related Threads

FriedClamFanatic
    • Total Posts : 2039
    Re: New London 2014/09/06 12:52:26 (permalink)
    I have not been there, but there is also Capt Scotty's semi takeout on the harbor.  a bit hard to find but well worth it on a warm sunny day ( I think they stay open through Oct) and Order window and sep p/u   outdoor seating both covered and open  Watch the seagulls!..watch the seagulls try and steal your food!  Great Fried Clams and Lobster Rolls among other things and next door to a fish market
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 22594
    Re: New London 2014/09/06 13:04:46 (permalink)
    ChrisOC
    We will be in CT late September.  MsOC googled up a sea food place in New London called the Lobster Dock.  Anyone been there?

That's Captain Scott's Lobster Dock. I was there years ago and it was really good. I didn't get there this year when we were in Connecticut, but I think wanderingjew has been there  much more recently.
    wanderingjew
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10157
    Re: New London 2014/09/06 13:08:31 (permalink)
    Captain Scott's is fine but that is NOT the first place I would send out of town guests

The best place for seafood in New London is this casual restaurant
    Chaplins Restaurant
    ChrisOC
    • Total Posts : 1430
    Re: New London 2014/09/06 15:31:55 (permalink)
    That's the place Captain Scott's Lobster Dock.

WJ   Thanks for the tip about Chaplin's, it looks pretty good...and very reasonable!  But we will be in New London around lunchtime and will be looking for something like a lobster roll or whole belly clams.
    Ketteract
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 992
    Re: New London 2014/09/06 17:40:19 (permalink)
    Kitchen Little is a delightful brunch place by the water, in Mystic, about 10 minutes from New London.  Last September, a friend of mine was in Providence for a wedding, and I didn't feel like going all the way to Providence, so we met "halfway" in Mystic.  It was a great decision that led us to wonderful pancakes, home fries, and a breakfast burrito at KL.

http://kitchenlittle.org/

* Edit: Ah, I guess this doesn't quite align with what you're after - but something to keep in mind for future vists!
    FriedClamFanatic
    • Total Posts : 2039
    Re: New London 2014/09/06 20:47:10 (permalink)
    Michael Hoffman
    ChrisOC

That's Captain Scott's Lobster Dock. I was there years ago and it was really good. I didn't get there this year when we were in Connecticut, but I think wanderingjew has been there  much more recently.

Seems we are all talking about the same place, so it definitely must be worth trying...although Chaplins looks like a nice alternative for evenings or bad weather
    Paulie
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 130
    Re: New London 2014/09/08 14:43:35 (permalink)
    A short distance from Captain Scott's, down toward Ocean Beach, is Fred's Shanty. It's a little burger stand with a good menu of fried seafood as well. Good food and good prices. There are a few picnic tables, where you can sit and look across the river at the submarines being built at Electric Boat. I think they're open through Columbus Day or a little after. Definitely recommended.
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5