Helpful ReplyHot!OFFICIAL DATE: JUNE 10th! Ahoy Mateys! French Market/Chinatown/Eataly via Water Taxi

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3466
Re: Proposed Contingent Outing: Late May/June- French Market/Chinatown/Eataly via Water Ta 2017/06/11 19:15:12 (permalink)
Hahahahahahahaha!
abe_froeman
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 860
Re: Proposed Contingent Outing: Late May/June- French Market/Chinatown/Eataly via Water Ta 2017/06/12 10:29:07 (permalink)
Thanks for the kudos, everyone!  It was indeed a great trip.  I think all three of the spots we visited- the French Market, Chinatown, and Eataly- could easily be worthy of their own separate outings, so to hit all three in a day was pretty amazing.  I wish it would have been about 10 degrees cooler, but it could have been 10 degrees warmer, too, so I won't complain about that.

We should definitely plan another Chinatown outing, maybe late September/October, when it is at least 10 degrees cooler, and we have time to hit more than two places.  (Depending on the weather, we could also take the water taxi again.  Otherwise there's a CTA stop across from QXY, and I think if you get there early enough, there's also public parking.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves!)  That being said, what we did eat there, together or separately, was really good.  The QXY dumplings were the highlight; my favorite were the lamb with coriander ones, followed by the beef with onion ones.  If they did vegetable one that was just mushroom or mushroom-with-just-about-anything-besides-zucchini, I would have loved that.  That being said, they were the prettiest of the dumplings, so they had that going for them.

post edited by abe_froeman - 2017/06/12 10:31:03
quijote
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 758
Re: Proposed Contingent Outing: Late May/June- French Market/Chinatown/Eataly via Water Ta 2017/06/12 22:47:51 (permalink)

Yes, thank you Abe for spearheading a great day, and thanks also to JRPfeff and Pie Diva for hauling my carcass across the state line (and back) so I could be there. The Contingent sure is a bunch of fantastic people. I also enjoyed learning about the mysterious origins of Chinatown and Chicago in general! I had never heard of the water taxi before, and our use of it was a welcome change from the rough-and-tumble Red Line. Last but not least: the eats! All delicious, and next time I'm in Chinatown I'll visit Hing Kee for those highly praised pork dumplings.
post edited by quijote - 2017/06/12 23:40:45
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5