Outing Suggestion

Author
aleswench
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 686
2005/01/26 12:04:30 (permalink)

Outing Suggestion

I have a suggestion. Do you think it would be possible to make a category solely for our tours and outings? Or maybe just a listing on a spot on the home page that is gives the date and starting point? It's confusing reading through all the threads to try to find the dates and final decisions, to me anyway (it doesn't take much )Sue

5 Replies Related Threads

tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Outing Suggestion 2005/01/26 17:43:21 (permalink)
    Good idea!!!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13934
    RE: Outing Suggestion 2005/01/26 18:03:34 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by aleswench

I have a suggestion. Do you think it would be possible to make a category solely for our tours and outings? Or maybe just a listing on a spot on the home page that is gives the date and starting point? It's confusing reading through all the threads to try to find the dates and final decisions, to me anyway (it doesn't take much )Sue

aleswench: I appreciate you idea. I agree and the thought is under consideration and discussion to discover if the site can handle more categories, whether it would be feasible and if it will work. Al and Redtressed will discuss and it has been passed on to Stephen Rushmore.

Thank you for your thoughts. My own personal view is that it would help organize the many meet and greets and road food trips that are currently all over the forum. It is difficult to keep up with them and the constant changes that occur. My own experience is that the time and date constantly changes and it makes it difficult for the seasoned poster to keep up with it much less a poster that is there infrequently. In addition, I believe it would improve attendance for these events.

Many have been very successful such as the California group that Lleechef and others organized, the crab group and the Cheesesteak meet that Cheesewit and otheres help organize. As great as that meet turned out, it might have been even better had more been able to keep up with it.

Thanks again,

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    aleswench
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 686
    RE: Outing Suggestion 2005/01/26 20:24:02 (permalink)
    Thank you - I'm a bit timid at suggesting anything, and thank you so much for thinking it was an ok idea
    1bbqboy
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5852
    RE: Outing Suggestion 2005/01/26 20:35:18 (permalink)
    That's a pretty narrow category. We need something more geographic or regional. along the
    lines of "Where I ate" or " meet & eat" or...? I notice that so many ask for suggestions, very few report back. Maybe if there was a completed trips forum people might post their experiences rather than their desires.
    Bill
    Kristi S.
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 712
    RE: Outing Suggestion 2005/01/27 09:07:00 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by bill voss

That's a pretty narrow category. We need something more geographic or regional. along the
    lines of "Where I ate" or " meet & eat" or...? I notice that so many ask for suggestions, very few report back. Maybe if there was a completed trips forum people might post their experiences rather than their desires.
    Bill

I agree with Bill here...how about a category like Meet & Eat: Rochester or Meet & Eat: Novato (for example) so it's easy to scroll down and look for your region of interest...
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5