Patti's 1880's Settlement, Grand Rivers KY

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11954
2016/11/28 02:34:27 (permalink)

Patti's 1880's Settlement, Grand Rivers KY

While visiting family in Franklin TN for Thanksgiving, we took a road trip up to Grand Rivers KY, a patch of land in the "Between The Lakes" area just off the stretch of Interstate where I-24 & I-96 come together in Western KY. The 1 3/4 hour trip was worth it to visit and eat at Patti's 1880's Settlement. I'm not quite sure how to describe this place. It's a unique restaurant that grew from an ice cream , hamburger stand with a 6 room motel in the mid 70's into a unique and award-winning business that serves over one million dollars in pork chops every year. Today, their two restaurants serve over 350,000 people each year in a little town of 350 people. They come from all over for their great food, beautiful gardens, and Patti’s great southern hospitality. With their log cabin gift shops, animal park for viewing, streams, fountains, 19th Hole Miniature Golf and Patti’s Mining Company (gold panning), they needed a meaningful name that would describe it all. So they called it Patti's 1880's Settlement. https://www.pattis1880s.com .
The place is unique and the food is excellent. They're famous for their 2" pork chops, their potato chips, the flower pot bread and their Meringue Pies!
I've never seen meringue on pies as high as theirs. The meringue must be at least 10-12 inches high! No Joke! Buffetbuster take note! The Entree's come with fresh flower pot bread with whipped butter and strawberry butter. The other Desserts are outstanding as well. The made from scratch Fried Cheese Sticks and Fried Dill Pickles are the best I've ever had. My Bride and I weren't that hungry so she had the shrimp skewers which were very good and a meal in itself and I had the Hot Brown which was good but not outstanding. I had some of my daughters 2" pork chop and that's what I should have ordered! We split a slice of Coconut Cream pie and it's better than advertised. My Daughter had the KY Chocolate Pecan Pie - also delicious.   
The dining rooms used to be the old rooms from the motel and other rooms have been added on over the years. Each room, is beautifully decorated for the current season. Now each room has a different Christmas theme. They're just beautifully done. 
After eating, we wandered the grounds and all the trees and bushes were strung with many thousands of Christmas lights. Beautiful.
If you're within 200 miles of this place and have the time, it's worth checking out!

4 Replies Related Threads

leethebard
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10290
    Re: Patti's 1880's Settlement, Grand Rivers KY 2016/11/28 04:51:09 (permalink)
    Thanks for the review. Food and atmosphere sound great. I like the idea of individual rooms.
    JRPfeff
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5802
    Re: Patti's 1880's Settlement, Grand Rivers KY 2016/11/28 05:50:56 (permalink)
    Thanks for sharing Jim.
    Louis
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1332
    Re: Patti's 1880's Settlement, Grand Rivers KY 2016/11/28 06:53:46 (permalink)
    Back in April 2009 I took Buffetbuster and Cecif to Patti's when they came to western Kentucky on a one-day eating expedition.  We also hit some other roadfood places, notably the now-defunct Bon Ton Mini Mart (the fried chicken recipe is now served in Henderson at Brown Bar Burgers), the now-defunct (since July of this year) Knockum Hill Bar-B-Q, and Peak Bros. Bar-B-Q.  I think everyone got royally stuffed that day!  Here is the tread with pictures:

http://forums.roadfood.co...fetbuster-m532913.aspx

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11954
    Re: Patti's 1880's Settlement, Grand Rivers KY 2016/11/29 00:03:17 (permalink)
    Here's the "Foodbus" Clan to give you an idea of the elaborate Christmas decorations throughout the place.
    I'd estimate there was at least $250K worth of decorations throughout the Restaurant not to mention all the money invested in the outdoor decorations outside.

post edited by Foodbme - 2016/11/29 00:04:42
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5