• Total Posts : 322
2004/11/24 18:25:21 (permalink)

Pearson's for BBQ in NYC

Pearson's is the only real BBQ in NYC

12 Replies Related Threads

The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3947
    RE: Pearson's for BBQ in NYC 2004/11/24 18:58:06 (permalink)
    Well, if www.somewebsiteiveneverheardof.com says it, it must be true.

Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5272
    RE: Pearson's for BBQ in NYC 2004/11/24 19:47:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by stevekoe

Well, if www.bbqchat.com says it, it must be true.

It is true though! Friends took me to Virgils last week...it was extremely average. Pearson's is always much better than average! Best I have had North of the Mason-Dixon line!
    The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3947
    RE: Pearson's for BBQ in NYC 2004/11/24 20:12:29 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tony Bad

quote:
    Originally posted by stevekoe

Well, if www.somewebsiteiveneverheardof.com says it, it must be true.

It is true though! Friends took me to Virgils last week...it was extremely average. Pearson's is always much better than average! Best I have had North of the Mason-Dixon line!

Wasn't really taking a shot at Pearson's -- was a shot at the dude who has been spamming a bunch of these forums.

Sorry for the confusion.
    TheHotPepper.com
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Pearson's for BBQ in NYC 2004/11/24 20:41:49 (permalink)
    Yea, Virgils is good too! Love their hush puppies
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: Pearson's for BBQ in NYC 2004/11/24 20:43:00 (permalink)
    quote:

Wasn't really taking a shot at Pearson's -- was a shot at the dude who has been spamming a bunch of these forums.

Sorry for the confusion.

No...I am the one who is sorry...I understood the point you were making...I should have included a winky face...or what I should have written was that despite the recommendation of someone who has spam on the menu, Pearson's is quite a tasty treat...not that there is anything wrong with spam (the canned meat-like substance)
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15787
    RE: Pearson's for BBQ in NYC 2004/11/25 08:56:25 (permalink)
    Apparently there has been some improvement over the summer at Pearson's. Last winter we had a thread here about them and several folks gave them a rather poor review. Check the "Pearson's thread" in the BBQ Forum
    Chumley
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 182
    RE: Pearson's for BBQ in NYC 2004/11/25 14:20:24 (permalink)
    Well, I hate to be the lone dissenter, but I would much sooner eat at Daisy May's or even Blue Smoke before I'd go back to Pearson's again. It's a shame, too, because I was a big Pearson's fan back when he was in Long Island City.

And it will be interesting (to me, anyway) to see what the NYC BBQ scene looks like when Dinosaur opens its doors next month!
    verysleepy
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 107
    RE: Pearson's for BBQ in NYC 2004/12/01 11:08:11 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Chumley

Well, I hate to be the lone dissenter, but I would much sooner eat at Daisy May's or even Blue Smoke before I'd go back to Pearson's again. It's a shame, too, because I was a big Pearson's fan back when he was in Long Island City.

And it will be interesting (to me, anyway) to see what the NYC BBQ scene looks like when Dinosaur opens its doors next month!

I agree with Chumley. Pearson's has become a shell of it's former self. I can't wait for Dinosaur either, but it will still be inconvenient to get to. Blue Smoke, though overpriced and commercial still makes decent barbeque. We tried Daisy Mae's a few weeks back, and not bad at all- although we had to have it delivered to my apartment. Maybe it is the commercial codes here in NY, not allowing for true smoking in the kitchens, but it is a damn shame that in such a wonderful dining town- we have so few choices for barbeque.
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: Pearson's for BBQ in NYC 2004/12/01 11:13:58 (permalink)
    quote:
    I agree with Chumley. Pearson's has become a shell of it's former self. I can't wait for Dinosaur either, but it will still be inconvenient to get to. Blue Smoke, though overpriced and commercial still makes decent barbeque. We tried Daisy Mae's a few weeks back, and not bad at all- although we had to have it delivered to my apartment. Maybe it is the commercial codes here in NY, not allowing for true smoking in the kitchens, but it is a damn shame that in such a wonderful dining town- we have so few choices for barbeque.

Hmmmm...I haven't been there in about a year, as it is hard to get to for me...not along my regular travels. When did you feel they slipped? Has it been recent?
    Chumley
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Pearson's for BBQ in NYC 2004/12/01 11:23:58 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

Hmmmm...I haven't been there in about a year, as it is hard to get to for me...not along my regular travels. When did you feel they slipped? Has it been recent?

My last trip to Pearson's was back in February of 2004. I don't live in NYC any more so my visits are not as frequent as they used to be. Friends whose opinion about BBQ I trust have reported to me that not much has changed since then.
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: Pearson's for BBQ in NYC 2004/12/01 11:30:26 (permalink)
    quote:

My last trip to Pearson's was back in February of 2004. I don't live in NYC any more so my visits are not as frequent as they used to be. Friends whose opinion about BBQ I trust have reported to me that not much has changed since then.

Thanks, it has actually been longer than that since I was there. I used to be past there every week or two, and would stop for a meal of bring some home. Their hot links/sausage was great, as was the NC style BBQ. It was damn good for a long time...sad to hear they are slipping.

I will be trying the two other places you mnentioned ASAP and also eagerly await the arrival of Dinosaur.
    Chumley
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Pearson's for BBQ in NYC 2004/12/01 11:47:20 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

Thanks, it has actually been longer than that since I was there. I used to be past there every week or two, and would stop for a meal of bring some home. Their hot links/sausage was great, as was the NC style BBQ. It was damn good for a long time...sad to hear they are slipping.

I will be trying the two other places you mnentioned ASAP and also eagerly await the arrival of Dinosaur.

Tony, just be forewarned that if you go to Daisy May's (which, if memory serves me correctly, is on 46th and 10th), they are not open during the weekend and they have no (as in ZERO!) seating. Still well worth the effort, though!
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5