Pgh-Arkansas I70-I44

Author
gostillerz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 225
2005/11/30 18:40:36 (permalink)

Pgh-Arkansas I70-I44

Does anyone have any ideas on some good grub places along the way. I'm going from Pgh to Springdale, AR via I70 and I44. Thanks everyone.

3 Replies Related Threads

Extreme Glow
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 718
    RE: Pgh-Arkansas I70-I44 2005/12/01 17:25:58 (permalink)
    If you are in St. Louis at meal time, I would suggest Iron Barley (a little bit of a detour) or O'Connell's Pub (right on 44). If you are looking for any particular cuisine, let us know.

Quotes from previous posts:

"If you're headed through the city of Saint Louis ..., I would recommend lunch or dinner at Iron Barley. Traveling south, exit Bates St., turn right and right again at the light (Virginia Ave.). IB is half a block up on the right. They have chalkboards on the sidewalk, so they're somewhat easy to spot. Entrance back onto I-55 southbound in on Virginia, so you'll have to turn around. The neighborhood's a little downtrodden but don't let that stop you. All of the soups are excellent. In the kitchen, they have a list of soups and customer's phone numbers. Whenever a particular soup is on for the day, they call the people on their list! Sandwiches (peppered pork or strip steak, my favorite) and Entrees (schneitzel and spaetzel) are available. Local beer, Schlafly, also available. Very casual, very friendly. They are closed Sun."

http://www.ironbarley.com/

"O'Connell's is on Kingshighway at I-44. Eastbound, exit Kingshighway and turn right. It's immediately there on your left at Shaw. Westbound, exit Vandeventer and turn left. Turn right onto Shaw and it'll be on your left as you get to Kingshighway."
    GeoNit
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 378
    RE: Pgh-Arkansas I70-I44 2005/12/02 16:29:31 (permalink)
    I've only eaten two meals in St. Louis, but I can highly recommend that if you're looking for great Lebanese food at bargain prices on a Wednesday between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. stop in at the cafeteria at the Cedars of St. Raymond's Maaronite Church.

You may encounter long lines. When I stopped there about 1 p.m., there were still about 250 still seated. Everything is sold a la carte, with about 150 items to select from.

The Cedars is located at 931 Lebanon Drive (first street south parallel to Chouteau Ave., near the Ralston Purina headquarters). From I-70, just after you cross the Mississippi, take I-55 south to Exit 208 (about 2/10 of a mile). St. Raymond's and The Cedars are about 2/10 of a mile northwest of Exit 208. When you get back on I-55 south at Exit 208, the interchange for I-44 is about two miles
    away.

More information on the St. Raymond's lunch and others at St. Louis ethnic churches is available if you Google the words "Savor ethnic fare" and select the first link.

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15787
    RE: Pgh-Arkansas I70-I44 2005/12/02 16:58:00 (permalink)

Use the search engine on the Forums Page. You will get a lot of possibilities including---
    Richards Farm Restaurant- Casey Illinois just off I-70
    Johnnies SmokeStack BBQ Rolla Missouri in Town off I-44
    Rib-King in Indianapolis- 3 or 4 stands all near I-70....and a bunch of other Indianaapolis possibilities.

Take some time and do your homework!
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5