Pizano’s Pizza

Author
Davidsanders
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 956
2017/11/25 14:38:51 (permalink)

Pizano’s Pizza

One of my favorite pizzas, even if some don’t think it’s pizza, don’t think it’s regionally appropriate, or whatever. I always love it, and have often gone to the downtown location in between a CSO rehearsal and concert the day after Thanksgiving. The Friday rehearsal after Thanksgiving is normally in the afternoon, so I don’t have time to go home before the concert. Last night was our first performance of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. We played the John Williams score live to the showing of the film.

2 Replies Related Threads

TJ Jackson
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5471
    Re: Pizano’s Pizza 2017/11/25 14:57:00 (permalink)
    no need to be apologetic - that is some very good looking chicago-style deep dish pizza

and....just about as perfect from a "regionally appropriate" point of view as one can get

send me down a slice or two right away!  we have a decent stuffed pie here in Cincinnati but no real (or good) deep dish
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8621
    Re: Pizano’s Pizza 2017/11/25 16:21:09 (permalink)
    While Lou Malnati isn't mentioned I'm guessing there's a familial connection between him and Rudy Malnati of Pizano's.

http://www.pizanoschicago.com/about.php

Looks like the Milwaukee location hasn't happened yet, though.  Google Maps shows a Qdoba at 1150 N. Water St. but nothing else, although I did find a 6-month-old Reddit thread that makes it seem like the pizzeria is kind of in limbo.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5