Place to get cold pizza closer to New Jersey?

Author
yuppicide
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 429
2016/09/26 10:18:21 (permalink)

Place to get cold pizza closer to New Jersey?

I may have asked this before, but it's been so long.

I'm about a 3 hour one way drive to Hazleton, PA. I make the trip there usually once a year or once every two years to Senape's Bakery for boxes of "pitza". There's 12 slices for $5 bucks a box.

Is there any place closer to New Jersey that has a similar style of cold pitza? I don't mind if it's another brand like Longo's. I just don't really feel like driving 3 hours. Philadelphia is an hour from me. Maybe there's something similar by there.

You can see what the pie looks like here if you're not familiar with it.

http://www.nepapizzarevie...s-bakery-hazleton.html

2 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 22951
    Re: Place to get cold pizza closer to New Jersey? 2016/09/26 13:04:10 (permalink)
    While I'd never heard of this cold cut pizza, I am pretty familiar with the cheese. Scamorza is a semi-soft cows milk cheese similar in texture to mozzarella. Where I come from it's pronounced skuh-MOATS. And that, I'm guessing, is what they're talking about in the piece on cold pizza. In Connecticut, anyway, scamorza is often used on apizza. In fact, at one pizzeria in Bridgeport that unfortunately is no more, Jerry's on Pequonnock Street, scamorza was always used instead of mozzarella.
    yuppicide
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 429
    Re: Place to get cold pizza closer to New Jersey? 2016/09/27 16:20:59 (permalink)
    The cold pitza I've had is a blend of 2-4 kinds of cheese. I think Longo's uses Parmesan and Romano. They have something in the pitza so it's shelf stable. You don't have to refridgerate it. In fact, the pitza gets better if you leave it on the counter a few days before eating it.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5