Planning Truck Build: Getting Fullsize Refrigerator to Fit

Author
bhornbacher
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2017/11/02 22:39:44 (permalink)

Planning Truck Build: Getting Fullsize Refrigerator to Fit

Hey everybody!
I am new to the community and honored to be here. My wife and I are currently planning building out our first truck. For what we are doing, refrigeration is number one importance, so we're looking for a full-height refrigerator. The only kicker is that most of the units I am seeing (I have been looking at webrestarauntstore.com) are 82.5 - 84 inches, while the trucks I am looking at (Freightliner MT45) has a box with an interior height of 82 inches. Is this a problem others have run into? Do you have any recommendations on refrigerators that might fit, or do most folks work with taller trucks? I appreciate your advice.

2 Replies Related Threads

sm1
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: Planning Truck Build: Getting Fullsize Refrigerator to Fit 2017/11/04 01:46:47 (permalink)
    True t-19 is 78", just make sure you can clear the door.
    cavemaneats
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 53
    Re: Planning Truck Build: Getting Fullsize Refrigerator to Fit 2017/11/09 02:10:25 (permalink)
    Just had to deal with this problem recently on a build. Our ceiling is 79 3/4" an our vertical freezer was 84" with the 5" wheels. So we removed the wheels and put adjustable height bolt legs instead. So its not going anywhere. But we had to crack the plexiglass skylight to get it upright because of a low AC unit and short rear doorway. Now its in place and pined in by the safety cage and AC unit. Which I had to disassemble to get it in and I have to trim the plastic AC case so that it fits back on. Plus the new skylight was $200 but is by far the best freezer we've ever used.
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5