Helpful ReplyHot!Post your bugs and issues here...

Page: << < ..2627 Showing page 27 of 27
Author
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7666
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/06 22:24:18 (permalink)
"All that's left...."   Should we have to settle for that. What the heck were they thinking. And from the lack of response here, I guess the new owners just don't care!!!
ThanksfortheCrepes
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 103
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/07 04:53:25 (permalink)
You can still do Google search "Pepe's New Haven CT site:roadfood.com" and that will bring up one review, as long as you already know what you're looking for. The other reviews that used to be accessible are just trashed, I guess. Still no photo credits, and even though I'm not a photographer, it burns me up  for those of you who contributed your time, effort and money over the years to make this a great site.

This place is just sad now, but I hope Jane and Michael are secure in their retirement. They deserve it.

And you gotta say they did get rid of the spam in the forums. Methinks they threw out the baby with the bathwater though, because that seems to be the only improvement, and it was completely ignorable.

This is going nowhere, though. We are talking to ourselves. Comforting, but highly ineffective.

Peace out, TftC
tmiles
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2268
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/07 09:21:50 (permalink)
I have no idea as to what the site sold for, or what it was really "worth". I don't know or even know of the new owners, but they seem to be doing what "new owners" have done for years..........try to make the investment a good deal FOR THEM. All successful new business owners live by the old saying "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and one is gold".

When I went back to look at some of The Mayor's old postings, I realized how many of his old Roadfood buddies were waiting for him at the big buffet in the sky. As an earlier poster mentioned, the "old" RF crew is passing on, and the site needs to appeal to new members. I don't agree with how "they" are doing it, but I don't own the site. Like with a TV show that "jumps the shark", I have the option of sticking around or finding something new. For now I am sticking around. I hope that others will too.

The owners don't seem to mind when a member promotes his/her own site here. Can you imagine a Chevy dealer letting a Ford dealer post a sign on his lot?? The tone of this discussion is going against the new owners, but I think that "they" are trying. I hope that most of us are still posting here in a year, and that we have been joined by newbies. Most of us DO WELCOME new posters.......note the kind comments to Anthony from New York about restaurant grades. I hope that he and so many others come back. 
post edited by tmiles - 2016/05/07 09:28:04
chickenplucker
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 409
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/07 09:43:30 (permalink)
tmiles
I have no idea as to what the site sold for, or what it was really "worth". I don't know or even know of the new owners, but they seem to be doing what "new owners" have done for years..........try to make the investment a good deal FOR THEM. All successful new business owners live by the old saying "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and one is gold".

When I went back to look at some of The Mayor's old postings, I realized how many of his old Roadfood buddies were waiting for him at the big buffet in the sky. As an earlier poster mentioned, the "old" RF crew is passing on, and the site needs to appeal to new members. I don't agree with how "they" are doing it, but I don't own the site. Like with a TV show that "jumps the shark", I have the option of sticking around or finding something new. For now I am sticking around. I hope that others will too.

The owners don't seem to mind when a member promotes his/her own site here. Can you imagine a Chevy dealer letting a Ford dealer post a sign on his lot?? The tone of this discussion is going against the new owners, but I think that "they" are trying. I hope that most of us are still posting here in a year, and that we have been joined by newbies. Most of us DO WELCOME new posters.......note the kind comments to Anthony from New York about restaurant grades. I hope that he and so many others come back. 

I agree 100%. As one that has been through corporate buyouts  I learned that you have to be flexible. The only way to move is forward.   
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/07 10:59:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Twinwillow 2016/05/07 22:25:38
...but this new format is NOT a step forward ...it's a step backward. They could at LEAST respond to their users concerns and explain changes and their vision.....Their I don't care what you think attitude is so insulting......
nfmoon
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 23
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/09 21:03:26 (permalink)
This site sucks now. Hate it. And they couldn't even update the stupid forums. Searching on the map sucks. Typing in the name of a city without going to the map gives ONE result. 

Two words. Sell out. I wonder how much the previous owners asked away with? 

Corporate hos. 
love2bake
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1548
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/14 10:45:50 (permalink)

They've stolen our photos with no credit to the photographers.  

This was my photo:

I am really pissed off at this organization.  I will delete every bit of my content that I can on here and not come back.  
post edited by love2bake - 2016/05/14 11:15:00
billyboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2741
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/14 11:16:26 (permalink)
L2B, was your photo one that you submitted as part of a review or one that was part of a Trip Report write-up?  I ask as I know many of the photos that I had submitted to the site to be added to existing Roadfood reviews were never credited to me, even before the sale of Roadfood.com.  It has been an ongoing debate for years to add photo credits to the reviews.  
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/14 12:17:09 (permalink)
Weeks,tons of negative posts, angry long timers and STILL NO RESPONSE OR EVEN AN EXPLANATION.......maybe we should start a thread JUST for expressing our anger over what they have done to Roadfood!!!
Page: << < ..2627 Showing page 27 of 27
Jump to:
© 2016 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5