Helpful ReplyHot!Post your bugs and issues here...

Page: << < ..262728 > Showing page 27 of 28
Author
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8834
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/06 22:24:18 (permalink)
"All that's left...."   Should we have to settle for that. What the heck were they thinking. And from the lack of response here, I guess the new owners just don't care!!!
ThanksfortheCrepes
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 103
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/07 04:53:25 (permalink)
You can still do Google search "Pepe's New Haven CT site:roadfood.com" and that will bring up one review, as long as you already know what you're looking for. The other reviews that used to be accessible are just trashed, I guess. Still no photo credits, and even though I'm not a photographer, it burns me up  for those of you who contributed your time, effort and money over the years to make this a great site.

This place is just sad now, but I hope Jane and Michael are secure in their retirement. They deserve it.

And you gotta say they did get rid of the spam in the forums. Methinks they threw out the baby with the bathwater though, because that seems to be the only improvement, and it was completely ignorable.

This is going nowhere, though. We are talking to ourselves. Comforting, but highly ineffective.

Peace out, TftC
tmiles
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2580
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/07 09:21:50 (permalink)
I have no idea as to what the site sold for, or what it was really "worth". I don't know or even know of the new owners, but they seem to be doing what "new owners" have done for years..........try to make the investment a good deal FOR THEM. All successful new business owners live by the old saying "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and one is gold".

When I went back to look at some of The Mayor's old postings, I realized how many of his old Roadfood buddies were waiting for him at the big buffet in the sky. As an earlier poster mentioned, the "old" RF crew is passing on, and the site needs to appeal to new members. I don't agree with how "they" are doing it, but I don't own the site. Like with a TV show that "jumps the shark", I have the option of sticking around or finding something new. For now I am sticking around. I hope that others will too.

The owners don't seem to mind when a member promotes his/her own site here. Can you imagine a Chevy dealer letting a Ford dealer post a sign on his lot?? The tone of this discussion is going against the new owners, but I think that "they" are trying. I hope that most of us are still posting here in a year, and that we have been joined by newbies. Most of us DO WELCOME new posters.......note the kind comments to Anthony from New York about restaurant grades. I hope that he and so many others come back. 
post edited by tmiles - 2016/05/07 09:28:04
chickenplucker
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 733
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/07 09:43:30 (permalink)
tmiles
I have no idea as to what the site sold for, or what it was really "worth". I don't know or even know of the new owners, but they seem to be doing what "new owners" have done for years..........try to make the investment a good deal FOR THEM. All successful new business owners live by the old saying "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and one is gold".

When I went back to look at some of The Mayor's old postings, I realized how many of his old Roadfood buddies were waiting for him at the big buffet in the sky. As an earlier poster mentioned, the "old" RF crew is passing on, and the site needs to appeal to new members. I don't agree with how "they" are doing it, but I don't own the site. Like with a TV show that "jumps the shark", I have the option of sticking around or finding something new. For now I am sticking around. I hope that others will too.

The owners don't seem to mind when a member promotes his/her own site here. Can you imagine a Chevy dealer letting a Ford dealer post a sign on his lot?? The tone of this discussion is going against the new owners, but I think that "they" are trying. I hope that most of us are still posting here in a year, and that we have been joined by newbies. Most of us DO WELCOME new posters.......note the kind comments to Anthony from New York about restaurant grades. I hope that he and so many others come back. 

I agree 100%. As one that has been through corporate buyouts  I learned that you have to be flexible. The only way to move is forward.   
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/07 10:59:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Twinwillow 2016/05/07 22:25:38
...but this new format is NOT a step forward ...it's a step backward. They could at LEAST respond to their users concerns and explain changes and their vision.....Their I don't care what you think attitude is so insulting......
nfmoon
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 24
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/09 21:03:26 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zagut 2016/07/31 17:31:38
This site sucks now. Hate it. And they couldn't even update the stupid forums. Searching on the map sucks. Typing in the name of a city without going to the map gives ONE result. 

Two words. Sell out. I wonder how much the previous owners asked away with? 

Corporate hos. 
love2bake
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1549
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/14 10:45:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zagut 2016/07/31 15:49:29

They've stolen our photos with no credit to the photographers.  

This was my photo:

I am really pissed off at this organization.  I will delete every bit of my content that I can on here and not come back.  
post edited by love2bake - 2016/05/14 11:15:00
billyboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2852
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/14 11:16:26 (permalink)
L2B, was your photo one that you submitted as part of a review or one that was part of a Trip Report write-up?  I ask as I know many of the photos that I had submitted to the site to be added to existing Roadfood reviews were never credited to me, even before the sale of Roadfood.com.  It has been an ongoing debate for years to add photo credits to the reviews.  
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:How to Edit Messages with Photos 2016/05/14 12:17:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zagut 2016/07/28 19:45:19
Weeks,tons of negative posts, angry long timers and STILL NO RESPONSE OR EVEN AN EXPLANATION.......maybe we should start a thread JUST for expressing our anger over what they have done to Roadfood!!!
nfmoon
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/28 18:54:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zagut 2016/07/31 17:28:07
This new website STILL sucks!!! And way the forums is set up still SUCKS!!! But I see Stern still has a job stuffing his face and over rating mediocre diners. He is easily pleased. 

I used to use this site ::::EVERY:::: time I went on a road trip. Now I almost never look at it because it SUCKS!!!!
Zagut
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 52
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/28 20:16:12 (permalink)
nfmoon
This new website STILL sucks!!! And way the forums is set up still SUCKS!!! But I see Stern still has a job stuffing his face and over rating mediocre diners. He is easily pleased. 

I used to use this site ::::EVERY:::: time I went on a road trip. Now I almost never look at it because it SUCKS!!!!

Thank you nfmoon.

Glad to see I'm not alone.

I don't visit here often and usually only view the forms.

But I don't see much point to that as most posts are weeks if not months old.

Hmmm.... Do you think that might be due to folks being put off".

Unless you unconditionally agree with the old boys/girls network here then your opinion isn't worth a poop .

Any deviation of what's good or is "defined" as "Roadfood" by those who have the most posts or have been members the longest is discounted as worthless.

But please don't blame it on the site in general and the new owners.

The Old Boys/Girls network is alive and well here.

H.E. Double hockey sticks even the lone Mod defends the behavior and seems to be scared of his own shadow.

Guess that's what happens when you want to be liked by everyone?

Well I could rant on needlessly but it simply isn't worth it.

Luv Ya,
Zag. 

mar52
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11466
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/28 20:49:24 (permalink)
Zagut, go back and read all of your posts. 

You're always quite negative. 

We need posters that add to Roadfood, not bring it down.  Maybe then you could join the club! 
Zagut
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/28 21:34:28 (permalink)
mar52
Zagut, go back and read all of your posts. 

You're always quite negative. 

We need posters that add to Roadfood, not bring it down.  Maybe then you could join the club! 

No need to read all of my posts Ms. Mar.

As you can see I've been flagged as spam since I didn't post what  I was supposed to post.

Yes my posts have been negative.

Hmmmm.... Wonder why?

I thanked a poster for expressing how they felt.

That sure is spam now isn't it?

You want folks to add to Roadfood rather then bring it down?

Then I suggest you take a good look at how the "community" accepts new ideas and posters.

Mar, go back and read all of your posts.

You're an asset to this site but you can't defend crappy treatment to anyone who isn't of the establishment yet you've tried your best.

Join the club????

You really are funny.

You want posters to add to the site yet you support those who chase them away.

This post will be "Flagged as Spam" soon enough.

It dares to view this site and it's posters in the daylight.

Please excuse me for agreeing with another poster who didn't conform to the allowed think of this site.

I'm sure I'll run across them on other sites as I have with many who no longer post here and prefer to post elsewhere.

mar52
Porterhouse
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/28 21:44:51 (permalink)
Zagut, we've traded good words before this.  It is possible.

This site isn't as good as it once was, but they really are working on it.  Things have improved but not fast enough for a lot of people.  People don't generally see the good while they're dwelling on the bad.

I hope all the improvements that everyone is hoping for happen.

But we still have this open forum that is free to all of us.  That is a very good thing because we can all voice our opinions and react to those of others.  That's good!
ann peeples
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10305
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/30 08:44:34 (permalink)
I am surprised at your response to Zagut, Mar. You, at one time, were very negative on this site.  You expressed disappointment at all that bantered between themselves. Now you are one of them. You and quite a few never comment on anything besides your friends. Its a sad time for this site. I miss Al and the old site....
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 22598
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/30 11:20:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zagut 2016/07/31 15:52:31
Zagut
nfmoon

Thank you nfmoon.

Glad to see I'm not alone.

I don't visit here often and usually only view the forms.

But I don't see much point to that as most posts are weeks if not months old.

Hmmm.... Do you think that might be due to folks being put off".

Unless you unconditionally agree with the old boys/girls network here then your opinion isn't worth a poop .

Any deviation of what's good or is "defined" as "Roadfood" by those who have the most posts or have been members the longest is discounted as worthless.

But please don't blame it on the site in general and the new owners.

The Old Boys/Girls network is alive and well here.

H.E. Double hockey sticks even the lone Mod defends the behavior and seems to be scared of his own shadow.

Guess that's what happens when you want to be liked by everyone?

Well I could rant on needlessly but it simply isn't worth it.

Luv Ya,
Zag. 

Why was this flagged as Spam?
leethebard
Sirloin
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/30 11:23:00 (permalink)
Isn't it sometimes a badge of honor???
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/30 11:30:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joerogo 2016/07/30 17:48:23
leethebard
Isn't it sometimes a badge of honor???

Well, for badges of honor you just have to think about Joe Rogo and Chewy. They have Banned badges. With oak leaf clusters. I, of course, have never been able to achieve such honors.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13822
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/30 11:57:18 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zagut 2016/07/31 18:17:45

I guess I am the lone mod Zag is discussing???  I will assure you that I am not scared of my shadow or anything else.,  I am still trying to understand what you are contributing.  It appears to me that somehow everything you discuss is negative. 
As the lone mod you are referring to, I agree that the site is not the same.  Time changes everything and the site has been modified many times.  Many of our posters are on Facebook and they still contribute to Roadfood.  I also use Facebook.
Good luck with your positive post.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN 

mar52
Porterhouse
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/30 13:52:13 (permalink)
ann peeples
I am surprised at your response to Zagut, Mar. You, at one time, were very negative on this site.  You expressed disappointment at all that bantered between themselves. Now you are one of them. You and quite a few never comment on anything besides your friends. Its a sad time for this site. I miss Al and the old site....

Ann,  Sorry you see it that way.  I only post on friend's posts?  NO...  that's wrong.  I comment only on posts here where I have something I can say.  I can't post on East coast trips or contingent trips or restaurants I've never been to.  NFL, Baseball or guns also leave me out.

As far as being negative, I only try to calm the masses when an uprising occurs.  I don't view that as being negative.

Thanks for cluing me in, though.  I don't like being seen as negative.
ann peeples
Porterhouse
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/30 15:57:32 (permalink)
I didn't say you were negative now-but at one time you were...
mar52
Porterhouse
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/30 17:02:38 (permalink)
Thanks, Ann.  I never thought I was negative at all.  Good to know I've changed!
1bbqboy
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5392
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/30 17:23:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zagut 2016/07/31 15:47:29
I just stick around to irritate
Mr. Road food.
ann peeples
Porterhouse
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/31 09:37:59 (permalink)
Yes, yes you do...
love2bake
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1549
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/31 12:04:50 (permalink)
Getting spam e-mails from RF again--ironically from this thread about bugs and issues.  Would be nice to see this issue cleaned up for good.  Hope someone's working on it!
leethebard
Sirloin
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/31 12:09:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zagut 2016/07/31 15:47:56
To fix things, you have to care at the top......
TJ Jackson
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5274
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/31 17:24:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby wanderingjew 2016/08/01 08:21:45
Zagut:
Actually, it's perfectly ok to disagree with the majority here

I disagree with folks all the time here, and have been agreeing with some things and disagreeing with others for over 13 years. Trust me, I have found myself at odds with some of the most well known posters on this board many, many times.  With the mods as well, right Sundancer? :-)  

I am still here, and I still speak my mind - no matter whether I agree with the majority or not.  

You can too

A thicker skin is required at times.  The person with the most posts here has been telling me for years that Cincinnati Chili isn't chili, and I simply disagree.  He's entitled to his opinion, no matter how wrong he is.  *shrug*  One person's favorite food can be anothers least favorite, and both can be right given their own tastes and preferences.  No need to feel personally attacked if (for example) you live in Buffalo and someone says beef on weck is the worst food ever put on a plate. 

I have also found myself learning and revising previously held positions as I read the contributions of others.  For example Beef Heart sounds awful to me, but the more I read about the coneys in Detroit, the more I want to try them out.  I am not a shrimp lover, but the more I read about the rock shrimp at Dixie Crossroads, the more I needed to go there; and now I have done so, I now consider this to be one of the best meals I have ever had.  And I still really dont like shrimp :-)

One last thing: as I said, it is perfectly ok to disagree.....but if you find thats all you are doing, if you find no common ground whatsoever with anyone amongst all the varied food discussion to be found here - this might not be the right discussion forum for you.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/31 19:03:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Wintahaba 2016/08/01 18:38:30
TJ,

I had to check. I wasn't aware that I had so many posts. But the reason I say Cincinnati chili isn't chili is quite simple. It is not chili. It's Greek meat sauce. That said, I happen to love it.
TJ Jackson
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5274
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/07/31 22:37:29 (permalink)
yeah, yeah, sure.......you are entitled to your opinion, as i said. 

and now, back to "issues and bugs"
Wintahaba
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: Post your bugs and issues here... 2016/08/01 18:37:29 (permalink)
Well stated gentlemen...
Page: << < ..262728 > Showing page 27 of 28
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5