Helpful ReplyProblem with searches.

Author
Davidsanders
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 649
2017/05/22 10:36:46 (permalink)

Problem with searches.

Several times now I have been browsing the states. Just now I was looking at Wisconsin and it says there are 39 restaurants, but only about 25 show up on the page and there is no arrow for a second page. I went to Kopp's yesterday and wanted to see if there was a review. It didn't show up under the state link, but when I searched for it, there it was. What's going on?
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 22598
Re: Problem with searches. 2017/05/22 11:15:04 (permalink)
Connecticut says 157 and just 28 appear. It's been screwed up this way since the change.
Davidsanders
Double Cheeseburger
Re: Problem with searches. 2017/05/22 15:45:38 (permalink)
But there have been times I've searched the States and numerous pages came up. Is there anyone to ask about it, do they read this forum or just ignore it?
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 22598
Re: Problem with searches. 2017/05/22 16:03:05 (permalink)
I'm personally inclined to think they just don't care.
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4132
Re: Problem with searches. 2017/05/22 16:15:16 (permalink)
I agree and believe that is the reason we have lost so many good posters.
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8834
Re: Problem with searches. 2017/05/22 17:06:20 (permalink)
I agree...BUT I have over the years seen examples of meanness by some regular posters growing.  I'm sure there are folks out there who could site examples.Someone doesn't like what you've said,others attack.Not the way I remember this when I joined 10 years ago...Also the "non-spam" labels are getting out of hand.  
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10174
Re: Problem with searches. 2017/05/22 17:42:58 (permalink)
Then there are those that I know for a fact  who stopped posting because a majority of the posts have absolutely nothing to do with roadfood. Many would rather discuss "cream of wheat or oat meal" or  "milk,  skim or whole" or "pop tarts- toasted or not" or deliberately choose to post threads in the forum that has nothing to do with the topic posted. Many got tired of posting roadfood gatherings, knowing there are many posters from that particular area who never attend any events..

But most importantly right before my post there are those who chose to respond to a topic that has nothing to do with the orginal poster's topic...
Davidsanders
Double Cheeseburger
Re: Problem with searches. 2017/05/22 18:42:03 (permalink)
wanderingjew
Then there are those that I know for a fact  who stopped posting because a majority of the posts have absolutely nothing to do with roadfood. Many would rather discuss "cream of wheat or oat meal" or  "milk,  skim or whole" or "pop tarts- toasted or not" or deliberately choose to post threads in the forum that has nothing to do with the topic posted. Many got tired of posting roadfood gatherings, knowing there are many posters from that particular area who never attend any events..

But most importantly right before my post there are those who chose to respond to a topic that has nothing to do with the orginal poster's topic...

I'm not sure I understand why people would stop posting about roadfood gatherings just because people from the area wouldn't attend the event. How would those who might want to attend find out about the event unless it is posted?
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
Re: Problem with searches. 2017/05/22 18:51:26 (permalink)
Davidsanders
wanderingjew

I'm not sure I understand why people would stop posting about roadfood gatherings just because people from the area wouldn't attend the event. How would those who might want to attend find out about the event unless it is posted?

David,

There are many people from New England, New York and supposedly from New Jersey who post endlessly but clearly have no interest in attending local roadfood events even though they always find the time to post on the forum. I'm usually not in charge of posting the New England events but those that have coordinated the events got very frustrated at announcing the events on the forum and just having "the regulars" attend. So, we have an e-mail chain that goes amongst the regulars whenever we decide to have an event.

leethebard
Sirloin
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: Problem with searches. 2017/05/22 20:20:44 (permalink)
That sounds like me the above poster is talking about.Yes I have time to post; I love food of all kinds, roadfood, but finances prevent me from doing the tours, and health issues can't allow me to gorge on food. I know some wander all over, and I love those posts, but I simply can't afford to tour and travel.Don't tell me I have "no interest" in attending events,local or not. ..but my love for good roadfood is no less than yours!!! How you judge a person on whether he participates in trips or not is beyond me....I can't afford to be a WanderingItalian ,but when I could, ages ago, I traveled around Europe and learned to love all kinds of food...and hell,why am I explaining myself to you...It is mean stuff like this that REALLY causes some to leave this wonderful site! 
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4132
Re: Problem with searches. 2017/05/22 20:32:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby leethebard 2017/05/22 21:11:37
BINGO!
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: Problem with searches. 2017/05/22 21:21:16 (permalink)
leethebard
That sounds like me the above poster is talking about.Yes I have time to post; I love food of all kinds, roadfood, but finances prevent me from doing the tours,

I'm poor and I do the tours and travel

leethebard
and health issues can't allow me to gorge on food.

Have you re -read some the things you mention you eat in the "whats for dinner" thread? Not exactly stuff that someone with health issues should be eating, and if it is in fact  ok to eat, that doesn't mean you have gorge

leethebard
I know some wander all over, and I love those posts, but I simply can't afford to tour and travel.Don't tell me I have "no interest" in attending events,local or not. ..but my love for good roadfood is no less than yours!!!

No one said you have to travel. You're in New Jersey. There have been plenty of local events in New York that you could have gone to.

leethebard
How you judge a person on whether he participates in trips or not is beyond me....I can't afford to be a WanderingItalian ,but when I could, ages ago, I traveled around Europe and learned to love all kinds of food...and hell,why am I explaining my
self to you...

I never judged anyone YOU were the one who decided to hijack the thread and change the direction of it-Take a look at your first comment and then look at at the original poster's thread.

Please tell me what this 

"Problem with searches.

Several times now I have been browsing the states. Just now I was looking at Wisconsin and it says there are 39 restaurants, but only about 25 show up on the page and there is no arrow for a second page. I went to Kopp's yesterday and wanted to see if there was a review. It didn't show up under the state link, but when I searched for it, there it was. What's going on? "

Has to do with this?

"I agree...BUT I have over the years seen examples of meanness by some regular posters growing.  I'm sure there are folks out there who could site examples.Someone doesn't like what you've said,others attack.Not the way I remember this when I joined 10 years ago...Also the "non-spam" labels are getting out of hand.  "

I will confidently speak for everyone on the forum by replying "absolutely nothing"

leethebard
It is mean stuff like this that REALLY causes some to leave this wonderful site! 

This isn't mean at all. If you didn't hijack the  thread, then you wouldn't have brought this on yourself clearly you did it to instigate and I know Ann Peeples mentioned the same thing to you previously. I have plenty of friends who I interact with socially and they've left the site in disgust and I've mentioned why previously. 
You have certainly gone out of your way to meet no one outside the forum, I can only speculate why, but I'll leave it at that.
post edited by wanderingjew - 2017/05/22 21:40:29
leethebard
Sirloin
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: Problem with searches. 2017/05/22 23:22:55 (permalink)
You know,you're a peace of work...My "Hijack" was an honest response to Greymo's comment about losing posters...and why bring Ann Peeples into it...or attempt to research my posts,looking for a gotcha.  This kind of behavior is what is hurting this web site. You don't know me, my finances, or health, but you're the type who has it all figured out. You judge someone, judge, and find them guilty. And NO i'm not an instigator, a hijacker, a know it all,troublemaker...nor do I have a bug up my butt against any poster,unfortunately others do!! I don't think Michael Stern designated this was a site for organized group trips. It is for roadfood lovers. If I can't do such trips,or choose not to, nor post hundreds of pictures of my itineraries(which I do enjoy viewing when you post all of them) doesn't make me any less a poster. So relax....
post edited by leethebard - 2017/05/22 23:30:10
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5