Helpful ReplyHot!Products that I really like

Page: << < ..11121314 Showing page 14 of 14
Author
kozel
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1180
RE: Products that I really like 2018/04/03 09:29:59 (permalink)
mar52
Try the Okra Chips.  You might love them but beware....  They can pierce the roof of your mouth.

http://www.globalsources....k-Chips/1076914591.htm
mar52
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11894
RE: Products that I really like 2018/04/03 21:35:50 (permalink)
Ha!  I'd probably have to buy a container of them.  At least they're not heavy.
Root-Beer Man
  • Total Posts : 1522
RE: Products that I really like 2018/05/19 13:00:56 (permalink)
I'm pretty sure that I have mentioned that I really like Dave's Coffee's coffee syrup, before. Well, I finally decided to break down and order some of their craft roasted coffee and I have to say it is truly excellent stuff! The medium roast "Quonnie" is an awesome coffee. It has gone on to replace our usual Gevalia brands. This is some of the best of the Rhode Island offerings out there. Well worth the cost, (but you can save a bit of money with a subscription).
Texascajun
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 298
RE: Products that I really like 2018/05/19 23:33:50 (permalink)
Community coffee, Blue Plate mayonnaise, Flonase allergy spray, Weber grills, Diet Dr Pepper, Stanley's BBQ sauce, Blue Runner canned New Orleans style red beans, Iphone 7plus, Skechers shoes with the gel insoles. Many more that I will seek out that brand and won't settle for others.     
mar52
Porterhouse
RE: Products that I really like 2018/05/21 00:12:12 (permalink)
Speaking of coffee, I love my Nespresso machine but for a cup of coffee made with a K-Cup the Tall, Dark and Handsome from Intelligent Brands makes a good, strong, rich cup of coffee.

I also bought their single use K-Cup coffee maker.  Don't know if it's the reason the coffee is so good or the coffee, itself.  First saw it in a Hotel and ordered one that day it was so good.  The brewer is tiny and it takes 3 minutes to brew a cup which when waiting seems like an eternity.  It's small enough I can take it with me when I travel.  MUCH smaller than the single serve Keurig brewer and it was only $39!

MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7088
RE: Products that I really like 2018/05/26 18:17:36 (permalink)
About a week or so ago I finished the last of the six 16 oz. bottles of Scotts Barbecue Sauce that we, living near Dallas, have ordered directly from Scott's in Goldsboro, NC every other year or so.  That usually runs $8/bottle including shipping.

Before I re-ordered I checked alternative availability and, (Heavenly Days!), Wal-Mart carries it on-line with 'free' pickup at my nearest Wal-Mart for $1.98.

While I was at it I checked for my no-longer-locally-available favorite hamburger topping, Mezetta's Sweet Bell Pepper Relish and, sure enough!  Pressing my luck I tried Heinz Hamburger Relish, Lemon Blennd, Vernor's, and a few other reginal favorites, but 'no dice'. 

Anyways, a jar of Mezetta's and 2 bottles of Scott's came to $5.97 and 'made my day'!  I pick it up Thursday.

----------------------------------------

Since most of us have moved around a bit, are there any among you who have tried this 'method' of getting 'hometown' favorites that are not locally available?

----------------------------------------

BTW:  before anyone orders some Scott's thinking it is some variant of K.C. Masterpiece, know that it most definitely is NOT.

It is a tangy, bordering on hot, vinegar/pepper sauce that is fantastic (to my taste) on any white meat - pork, chicken, fish, shellfish.

I take a bit of it to BBQ places here in Texas where I use it to flavor the bland pulled pork they serve here.  I tell the server to 'hold' their (sweet, slimy, nasty, ketchupy) dreck sauce.  If you like pulled pork, your first such use is guaranteed to be an OMG 'moment'.  It is also a stunningly good marinade for white meats.

Here's a great meal that Mrs. Metro 'invented':  marinate chicken breasts in Scott's Sauce overnight.  Par-fry the breasts, then dice into cubes.  Reduce some Scott's Sauce in the man, then finish cooking the chicken.  Put the chicken over some steamed asparagus, top with pepper jack, and a short broil to melt the cheese.  Serve with a heated baguette.  FANTASTIC!  Thank her!

post edited by MetroplexJim - 2018/05/26 18:23:22
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
RE: Products that I really like 2018/06/28 16:30:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tmiles 2018/06/28 20:01:03
Theraworx!

Like most rational individuals, I am super skeptical of the many over-the-counter remedies and nostrums hawked endlessly on cable TV.  But ...  

Over the years, I go through spells of being plagued by very painful cramps in my abdominal muscles.  Short of prescribing medication with side-effects my internist recommends potassium/magnesium mineral supplements which I take daily.  But, I still get those painful cramps occasionally.  

I can feel them 'coming' - sometimes after a cough, sometimes after an unusual reach or movement - and when I do I run for my vibrating heating pad and steel myself for ten minutes or so of agony.

After seeing so many Theraworx commercials I thought "what the Hell; it's only $17".  To my amazement, it actually "workx!"  Even though they advertise it as a prophylactic to prevent leg and foot cramps I find that it "worx" when I sense a cramp coming on anywhere on my body.

I bought two more bottles, one for upstairs and one for the car!  Great stuff that worx for me.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention that it can be purchased at Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreen's, Rite Aid, etc.  And, if you don't like it, take it back for a full refund.
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2018/06/28 19:11:27
mar52
Porterhouse
RE: Products that I really like 2018/06/30 01:51:46 (permalink)
Interesting!  I buy Cramp Defense 6 bottles at a time.  They also work....  90% of the time.  Those cramps are absolute, horrendous pain!    If I don't take them (Magnesium Malate) I get the cramps almost every night... from my toes up in to my thighs and also my fingers.  You could die until the pain subsides.

I also at the same time use Hyland's sublingual cramp pills and a couple different topicals along with a mouth spray that you use when the cramps hit.

You might say I'm paranoid or a hypochondriac but no....  THEY HURT LIKE HELL!

But with the Cramp Defense I get them just a few times a month.

I tried the potassium supplements along with Turmeric which is high in potassium and because I'm a kidney patient my levels went hospital visit high.  Luckily they subsided when I found out and stopped the supplements.  

What are the ingredients in the Theraworx?  I don't see them on the website.  THANKS!!!
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
RE: Products that I really like 2018/06/30 12:24:14 (permalink)
mar52
Interesting!  I buy Cramp Defense 6 bottles at a time.  They also work....  90% of the time.  Those cramps are absolute, horrendous pain!    If I don't take them (Magnesium Malate) I get the cramps almost every night... from my toes up in to my thighs and also my fingers.  You could die until the pain subsides.

I also at the same time use Hyland's sublingual cramp pills and a couple different topicals along with a mouth spray that you use when the cramps hit.

You might say I'm paranoid or a hypochondriac but no....  THEY HURT LIKE HELL!

But with the Cramp Defense I get them just a few times a month.

I tried the potassium supplements along with Turmeric which is high in potassium and because I'm a kidney patient my levels went hospital visit high.  Luckily they subsided when I found out and stopped the supplements.  

What are the ingredients in the Theraworx?  I don't see them on the website.  THANKS!!!

The active ingredient is magnesium sulfate; in addition, it has colloidal silver, citrus grapefruit extract, aloe, allantoin and vitamin E.

But, here's the best part for me, even if a cramp has developed I rub this foam over it and it literally 'melts away'.

As a cramp preventative I use Decontractyl which I buy over-the-counter at pharmacies in Paris.  You can also order it online.  It does seem to reduce the frequency of cramps, but nothing works like Theraeworx for immediate relief.

Bottom line: for $17 with a money back guarantee you can go wrong.  So, get over to Wal-Mart or Walgreens and buy some.
mar52
Porterhouse
RE: Products that I really like 2018/07/01 01:53:29 (permalink)
Thank you so much!

I'll try anything and everything to get rid of them.

Thanks again!
mar52
Porterhouse
RE: Products that I really like 2018/07/01 19:46:54 (permalink)
My new favorite sunflower seed is Spitz Dill Pickle Sunflower Seeds.

They are so good that I'm not getting anything done around the house.  I can't stop eating them!
Root-Beer Man
  • Total Posts : 1522
Re: Products that I really like 2018/09/12 19:31:49 (permalink)
Here's an update on the post below. It's been a year now since I got these pans and I must say that I am still impressed. The Tramontina 12", as inexpensive as it was, is holding up like a champ and has lost none of its antistick ability, despite a good bit of use and many washes in the dishwasher. I highly recommend this one if you want a good nonstick pan. The Henckle's is also holding up well and is just as nonstick as it was the day I got it. It cleans up like a whistle, too. I also highly recommend it, too.

Well, I bought 3 new non stick pans. Two I got on Amazon, during their Prime Day sale. These were an 8" and a 12" Tramontina professional/restaurant series. Nice nonstick coating and aluminum casting. Pretty slick and dishwasher safe. Have to see how they hold up over time, though. The other pan was one that just popped up in my Facebook feed as a review piece from one of the gourmet mags. It is an 8" J.A. Henckle's Madura Plus and it is slick as all get out. No rivets for the handle to make cleanup harder. One solid cast piece. Really nice surface, doesn't even need any oil. Sadly, not dishwasher safe and only good to about 300 degrees in the oven. Still in all it is a great pan and cooks very well, nice and hefty and distributes heat better than the Tramontina's. The price was very good, too. If you need a new nonstick stop in and get one.

MetroplexJim
Sirloin
Re: Products that I really like 2018/11/16 09:42:54 (permalink)
A word of praise for Wal-Mart's online shopping with free store pickup ...

Amazon and Amazon Prime are great, but for incidental, small items Wal-Mart is fantastic for incidentals not stocked locally.  In recent months I have purchased two bottles of Scott's Barbecue Sauce, two jars of Mezetta's Sweet Bell Pepper Relish, and a gallon of Spray-Nine.  The TOTAL for this treasure trove of goodies not available in Dallas was <$20.!  Had I ordered the stuff online from Amazon or the manufacturers the tab would have been $80. or so. 

Wal-Mart prices with no freight sitting where I visit for other stuff twice weekly.

Sadly, they have not started offering Reymer's Lemon Blennd yet.  But, I'll bet that all I have to do is ask.  In any case, the next time I need the 'old school' Cascade, they will have it for me to pick up, with no freight.
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
Re: Products that I really like 2018/11/17 12:22:52 (permalink)

This, I posted about elsewhere on RF, but it is indeed "a product I ":

Ah, yes.  There it is.

So, I was excited to find it available within a short drive from us, rather than the hour away where I first discovered it.  If any of you live near an Another Broken Egg Café, you MUST try this stuff.  It is a bit 'spicy', but hot what I'd call 'hot'.  It is simply divine on pork chops, pork loin, etc. 

And it is also great on those ever-present but otherwise bland rotisserie chickens sold in grocery stores, COSTCO, etc.
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2018/11/17 12:26:00
mar52
Porterhouse
Re: Products that I really like 2018/11/17 15:31:47 (permalink)
That's the Plantation brand?  That label isn't very telling.

My go to lately has been Cholula.  It has good flavor.
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
Re: Products that I really like 2018/11/17 15:50:50 (permalink)
mar52
That's the Plantation brand?  That label isn't very telling.

My go to lately has been Cholula.  It has good flavor.

I like Cholula, too - especially on hash browns.

But, the sauce above is nothing like it.  It is unique, bottled under private label for the Another Broken Egg Café restaurants.
mar52
Porterhouse
Re: Products that I really like 2018/11/17 19:33:13 (permalink)
Aha!  Private label.  Explains not being able to find it.
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
Re: Products that I really like 2018/11/18 06:18:34 (permalink)
mar52

As soon as I discovered that they had a location more convenient to us I called to confirm that this location, ("only" 21 miles away via freeway), offers it for sale.  Then I posted about it on two threads here.

Mrs. Metro and I will be going there for breakfast this morning.  On the way home I'll be picking up some stuffed porkchops for dinner and a rotisserie chicken for tomorrow's lunch!  And, per a suggestion from Root-Beer Man,I'll also shop for some Pickapeppa Spicy Mango sauce for a comparison.

I'll "report" pricing and online availability (if any) later this morning. 
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
Re: Products that I really like 2018/11/18 12:13:09 (permalink)
O.K.,
  •  Another Broken Egg Cafe's Plantation Pepper Sauce is $5.95 for 10 oz.
  •  The manager did now know anything about availability online, but I would have to imagine their corporate offices would accommodate an order:  E-Mail them here.
  • I did find Pickapepper's "Original" Sauce which does list "mango concentrate" as one of the ingredients.  It was $3.95 at Central Market for 5 oz.
  •  Comparing the two, I'd say that they are definitely in the same family - cousins, perhaps.  I like the Pickapepper and  the stuff from Another Broken Egg.  I will check other groceries for their Mango variant.
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
Re: Products that I really like 2018/11/18 12:18:59 (permalink)
mar52

It's available (kind'a) near you over in Burbank.

EDIT:  And BTW, we really enjoyed their food this morning; sauce aside, it's now on our short list of "go to's" for breakfast.
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2018/11/18 12:22:20
mar52
Porterhouse
Re: Products that I really like 2018/11/18 16:31:51 (permalink)
Interesting!  I looked them up yesterday and it looked like Texas was the closest.  

Another restaurant that is open only until 2pm.  

You do know that I'll go there, I just don't know when.

And...   THANK YOU!
mar52
Porterhouse
Re: Products that I really like 2018/11/26 14:41:08 (permalink)
Darn Darn DARN!

I made a U-Turn on Hwy 111 yesterday because I thought I found it.  What I found was The Broken Yolk.

Darn!
Page: << < ..11121314 Showing page 14 of 14
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5