Helpful ReplyHot!Products that I really like

Page: << < ..11121314 Showing page 14 of 14
Author
kozel
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1176
RE: Products that I really like 2018/04/03 09:29:59 (permalink)
mar52
Try the Okra Chips.  You might love them but beware....  They can pierce the roof of your mouth.

http://www.globalsources....k-Chips/1076914591.htm
mar52
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11734
RE: Products that I really like 2018/04/03 21:35:50 (permalink)
Ha!  I'd probably have to buy a container of them.  At least they're not heavy.
Root-Beer Man
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1350
RE: Products that I really like 2018/05/19 13:00:56 (permalink)
I'm pretty sure that I have mentioned that I really like Dave's Coffee's coffee syrup, before. Well, I finally decided to break down and order some of their craft roasted coffee and I have to say it is truly excellent stuff! The medium roast "Quonnie" is an awesome coffee. It has gone on to replace our usual Gevalia brands. This is some of the best of the Rhode Island offerings out there. Well worth the cost, (but you can save a bit of money with a subscription).
Texascajun
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 298
RE: Products that I really like 2018/05/19 23:33:50 (permalink)
Community coffee, Blue Plate mayonnaise, Flonase allergy spray, Weber grills, Diet Dr Pepper, Stanley's BBQ sauce, Blue Runner canned New Orleans style red beans, Iphone 7plus, Skechers shoes with the gel insoles. Many more that I will seek out that brand and won't settle for others.     
mar52
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11734
RE: Products that I really like 2018/05/21 00:12:12 (permalink)
Speaking of coffee, I love my Nespresso machine but for a cup of coffee made with a K-Cup the Tall, Dark and Handsome from Intelligent Brands makes a good, strong, rich cup of coffee.

I also bought their single use K-Cup coffee maker.  Don't know if it's the reason the coffee is so good or the coffee, itself.  First saw it in a Hotel and ordered one that day it was so good.  The brewer is tiny and it takes 3 minutes to brew a cup which when waiting seems like an eternity.  It's small enough I can take it with me when I travel.  MUCH smaller than the single serve Keurig brewer and it was only $39!

MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6880
RE: Products that I really like 2018/05/26 18:17:36 (permalink)
About a week or so ago I finished the last of the six 16 oz. bottles of Scotts Barbecue Sauce that we, living near Dallas, have ordered directly from Scott's in Goldsboro, NC every other year or so.  That usually runs $8/bottle including shipping.

Before I re-ordered I checked alternative availability and, (Heavenly Days!), Wal-Mart carries it on-line with 'free' pickup at my nearest Wal-Mart for $1.98.

While I was at it I checked for my no-longer-locally-available favorite hamburger topping, Mezetta's Sweet Bell Pepper Relish and, sure enough!  Pressing my luck I tried Heinz Hamburger Relish, Lemon Blennd, Vernor's, and a few other reginal favorites, but 'no dice'. 

Anyways, a jar of Mezetta's and 2 bottles of Scott's came to $5.97 and 'made my day'!  I pick it up Thursday.

----------------------------------------

Since most of us have moved around a bit, are there any among you who have tried this 'method' of getting 'hometown' favorites that are not locally available?

----------------------------------------

BTW:  before anyone orders some Scott's thinking it is some variant of K.C. Masterpiece, know that it most definitely is NOT.

It is a tangy, bordering on hot, vinegar/pepper sauce that is fantastic (to my taste) on any white meat - pork, chicken, fish, shellfish.

I take a bit of it to BBQ places here in Texas where I use it to flavor the bland pulled pork they serve here.  I tell the server to 'hold' their (sweet, slimy, nasty, ketchupy) dreck sauce.  If you like pulled pork, your first such use is guaranteed to be an OMG 'moment'.  It is also a stunningly good marinade for white meats.

Here's a great meal that Mrs. Metro 'invented':  marinate chicken breasts in Scott's Sauce overnight.  Par-fry the breasts, then dice into cubes.  Reduce some Scott's Sauce in the man, then finish cooking the chicken.  Put the chicken over some steamed asparagus, top with pepper jack, and a short broil to melt the cheese.  Serve with a heated baguette.  FANTASTIC!  Thank her!

post edited by MetroplexJim - 2018/05/26 18:23:22
Page: << < ..11121314 Showing page 14 of 14
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5