Helpful ReplyQueens NY and Phili - back to back weekends

Author
hjbyun
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 101
2019/02/21 10:26:27 (permalink)

Queens NY and Phili - back to back weekends

I'm looking for put together a self guided food tour of queens for myself.  one for Queens and the other Phili (3 day weekend each). 
Queens, I was focused around Chinese food.  In Phili I was looking for subs and Italian. 

Any assistance in creating a list would be appreciated. 

H
phlmaestro
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1061
Re: Queens NY and Phili - back to back weekends 2019/02/21 11:39:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tmiles 2019/02/23 10:20:43
For Philadelphia:

Italian Hoagies: My favorite is Carmen's at the Reading Terminal Market (get it on a seeded roll ... their rolls are fantastic), which has a bunch of stands that may be of interest in it.  Having said that, I'd go elsewhere for hot sandwiches (cheesesteaks and Italian roast pork sandwiches, two Philly trademarks).

You can get outstanding examples of both of those sandwiches at John's Roast Pork on Snyder Ave. in South Philly, which is not open at night. If you have anyone with you, I recommend getting both a cheesesteak and a roast pork sandwich and splitting both.

I would also try to get an old-school South Philly Italian meal for dinner one night. My favorite place for that style of food is Dante & Luigi's on 10th Street in South Philly.

You may also want to consider hitting the 9th Street Italian Market in South Philly during the day Saturday.  There are a few good sandwich places around there, as well as Villa di Roma, another place that serves South Philly style Italian (like Dante & Luigi's with a more casual atmosphere).

post edited by phlmaestro - 2019/02/21 11:46:05
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5