Quintessential Roadfood experience in Miami

Author
popom
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2004/08/16 22:20:28 (permalink)

Quintessential Roadfood experience in Miami

El Crucero, 7050 SW Eighth St, Miami, 305-262-1966.
The quintessential roadfood restaurant, one of the most unforgettable, right up there with Eddie's Restaurant in New Orleans and Tadich Grill in San Francisco.
Eat Cuban food dirt-cheap outdoors at a table with Sangria on the side of the railroad tracks in Old Havana - sweet ownership, great food, atmosphere - total Roodfood experience!

4 Replies Related Threads

BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Quintessential Roadfood experience in Miami 2004/08/17 00:00:18 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by popom

El Crucero, 7050 SW Eighth St, Miami, 305-262-1966.
    The quintessential roadfood restaurant, one of the most unforgettable, right up there with Eddie's Restaurant in New Orleans and Tadich Grill in San Francisco.
    Eat Cuban food dirt-cheap outdoors at a table with Sangria on the side of the railroad tracks in Old Havana - sweet ownership, great food, atmosphere - total Roodfood experience!

I don't want to spoil this image, but if El Crucero is "dirt cheap", "outdoors" and "a total Roadfood experience", it shouldn't be compared to Tadich. Tadich is far from cheap, about as urban and "inside" as it gets and, IMHO, no longer what it may once have been as a "Roadfood experience". What it does remain, if you want a pricey lunch, is a glimpse of what dining out in San Francisco may have been like 100 years or so ago. For that experience, I'd still recommend it, but for little else.

http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/profile/892427?cslink=roundup_name_noncust&ulink=roundup__roundupentity4-5_1__0_profile_2_1
    zothhh
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 88
    RE: Quintessential Roadfood experience in Miami 2004/08/17 11:13:26 (permalink)
    Tadich is remarkable for it's high prices, mediocre food, and jaw-droppingly lousy service. The worst restaurant experience I've ever had, and that includes my lunch at Casa Juanita when a roach ran across my nachos.
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Quintessential Roadfood experience in Miami 2004/08/17 18:47:07 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by zothhh

Tadich is remarkable for it's high prices, mediocre food, and jaw-droppingly lousy service. The worst restaurant experience I've ever had, and that includes my lunch at Casa Juanita when a roach ran across my nachos.

Bet you didn't look like a successful stockbroker or power-pol. Either of those personas might have got you marginally better service, but otherwise we agree.

How come I can't get a roach to run across my food? That ought to get you replacement nachos and the rest of the meal free.
    zothhh
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 88
    RE: Quintessential Roadfood experience in Miami 2004/08/18 12:01:02 (permalink)
    Hey, you never ate at Casa Juanita. They should have had some "Golden Roach" award with our names on a plaque or something.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5