scrumptiouschef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2351
2018/06/29 09:01:20 (permalink)

8 Replies Related Threads

leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 9565
    Re: Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack in Asheville North Carolina 2018/06/29 09:41:18 (permalink)
    When I was doing summer stock in the late 60's, Asheville was the place to go for our "Liquor run", to get away from the dry county we were in. Sounds like it has really grown up. Wish he had said more about this place and its chicken. Sure sounds like it would have been a fun stop back in my teen years.....Thanks for posting. Memories came flooding back...
    scrumptiouschef
    Re: Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack in Asheville North Carolina 2018/07/12 19:41:44 (permalink)
    leethebard
    When I was doing summer stock in the late 60's, Asheville was the place to go for our "Liquor run", to get away from the dry county we were in. Sounds like it has really grown up. Wish he had said more about this place and its chicken. Sure sounds like it would have been a fun stop back in my teen years.....Thanks for posting. Memories came flooding back...

I tubed there every summer from age 9-18. Asheville is/was magical. We're planning an October trip this year.
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re: Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack in Asheville North Carolina 2018/07/13 08:39:17 (permalink)
    Down the road about an hour is a small down called Burnsville. (Some pretty videos on You Tube. Nestled right in the mountains, it's more Mayberry than Mayberry. Super friendly town. Great hot dog shack with the works on hem:mustard,onions,chili, and coleslaw. We love that area!!
    scrumptiouschef
    Re: Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack in Asheville North Carolina 2018/07/13 13:37:51 (permalink)
    leethebard
    Down the road about an hour is a small down called Burnsville. (Some pretty videos on You Tube. Nestled right in the mountains, it's more Mayberry than Mayberry. Super friendly town. Great hot dog shack with the works on hem:mustard,onions,chili, and coleslaw. We love that area!!

Thanks for the tip. We'll try and make our way down there this fall. Might be chili bun territory.
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re: Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack in Asheville North Carolina 2018/07/13 14:00:28 (permalink)
    scrumptiouschef
    leethebard

Thanks for the tip. We'll try and make our way down there this fall. Might be chili bun territory.

If you go, try a little shack called Lil Smoky's. It's on the main drag(what there is of it) Great hot dog with the works...and great hushpuppies. Scenic little town!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Lil-Smokys-299928191244/
    scrumptiouschef
    Re: Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack in Asheville North Carolina 2018/07/13 21:59:14 (permalink)
    leethebard
    scrumptiouschef
    leethebard

If you go, try a little shack called Lil Smoky's. It's on the main drag(what there is of it) Great hot dog with the works...and great hushpuppies. Scenic little town!!

I don't do FB but I did look it up and that is classic Roadfood. Thanks for the rec
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re: Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack in Asheville North Carolina 2018/07/13 22:07:29 (permalink)
    scrumptiouschef
    leethebard
    scrumptiouschef
    leethebard

I don't do FB but I did look it up and that is classic Roadfood. Thanks for the rec

Get the footlong with the works...also hush puppies!
    scrumptiouschef
    Re: Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack in Asheville North Carolina 2018/07/14 09:12:13 (permalink)
    leethebard
    scrumptiouschef
    leethebard
    scrumptiouschef
    leethebard

Looking forward to it

Get the footlong with the works...also hush puppies!

Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5