Rules of Conduct - PLEASE READ!
Use of and participation in Roadfood.com message boards ("interactive community") is contingent upon your acceptance of the following terms and rules. By participating in the interactive community, you acknowledge your acceptance of these terms.1. RULES OF CONDUCT
Due to the high probability of discussions involving political or social issues degrading into exchanges that will violate the first two rules of this forum, such discussions are forbidden. Posts in violation will be deleted. Continued violation of this guideline can lead to loss of posting privileges.
- Show respect at all times.
- Personal attacks are prohibited. This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.
- Trolling is prohibited. Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).
- Bans and warnings are not to be discussed on the forums. Any inquiries or comments or bans are to be sent in private messages or via e-mail. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.
- Posting of pornography, racist or otherwise discriminating remarks, threats to cause physical or mental harm, extreme offensive language, material that breaks any law or otherwise totally unacceptable posts or links to pages that contain the aforementioned material may result in an immediate ban from the forums.
- Spamming the forums is prohibited.
- Not responding to or ignoring moderator warnings can lead to suspension.
- Off Topic (OT) are not prohibited, but should be posted within reason. There are some topics that are not appropriate for the forums. All posts are subject to these rules. Excessive OT posts will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- Any topic that is a blatant ad (or selling something) is prohibited
- Any topic that is not really news but posted in the news forum will be deleted
- Any topic whose subject is not relevant to a respective forum will be deleted
- Posting the same topic in two different forums will result in both topics being deleted
- Posts about why your post got deleted or why someone got banned will is prohibited. If you have a problem with it then e-mail the moderators.
- POSTING A MESSAGE OR SUBJECT IN ALL CAPS IS PROHIBITED
If your wondering where your post went, it was probably deleted based on the discretion of the moderators. Don't blame them or take it personally, they have a tough job and so far they have been doing it very well.
Banning people is the last resort, and we very, very rarely do it. A warning will be sent before being banned, unless an negative or offensive comment is made towards a moderator. That will result in an immediate ban.
Thanks, and we really appreciate all of the terrific contributions people have made 2. OWNERSHIP OF MESSAGES
Roadfood.com encourages the submission of material such as guides, articles, story's, editorials, and other creative "Submissions" that might be found useful by the Roadfood community. Authors of such material will retain their full rights to the work; Roadfood.com reserves the right to publish such submissions on our web site(s) unless the author requests otherwise.
Participant authorizes Roadfood.com to utilize, in any manner it sees fit and for eternity, the Submissions posted on the site, which shall become the property of Roadfood.com. Participant releases Roadfood.com from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising) in connection therewith, and agrees to indemnify Roadfood.com in connection therewith. Participant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Roadfood.com site shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, contractual or other special relationship between Participant and Roadfood.com (other than the contractual relationship between Roadfood.com and Participant entered into by virtue of Participant's agreement to these Rules of Conduct.)3. SCREEN NAMES
Whenever you post a message in the interactive community, your screen name will automatically appear with your message. You may choose a name to use in connection with your messages in the interactive community. However, you may not use a user name (or e-mail address) that attempts to impersonate another person; that belongs to another person, without his or her prior consent; that violates the intellectual property rights of any person; or that Roadfood.com deems to be offensive.4. RIGHTS OF ROADFOOD.COM / DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
5. PARTICIPANT'S INDEMNIFICATION / OBLIGATIONS
- Roadfood.com is a distributor only (and not a publisher) of its interactive community. The content is supplied by Participant with occasional responses from Roadfood.com. Roadfood.com shall not be responsible for policing, monitoring, or editing such content, exercises no more editorial control over such content than would a public library, bookstore, newsstand, or other distributor of content, and accordingly, shall not be responsible for exercising editorial control over such content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Roadfood.com shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor such content in order to respond to or comment upon communications by Participants and in order to determine compliance with the foregoing Rules of Conduct. Roadfood.com shall have the right and sole discretion to edit, to refuse to port or to remove any content whatsoever which it finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or which it finds in its sole discretion to be otherwise objectionable for any reason.
- The opinions expressed in the message boards are not necessarily (and in some cases not at all) those of Roadfood.com. Roadfood.com is not responsible for any materials provided by users which are deemed harmful or offensive to others. Roadfood.com is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss, or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in these sections of the site. Roadfood.com is not responsible for the content of any sites linked to an Roadfood.com site.
- Roadfood.com makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content in the Roadfood.com site or the accuracy or reliability of any information or statements contained therein. All statements, advice and opinions made by Participants in Roadfood.com message boards are those of such Participants only, and Roadfood.com neither endorses nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of same.
- Roadfood.com will use any information obtained from the user as a part of our own private database, which may be used at any time by Roadfood.com in order to gather or provide information specifically pertaining to the topics provided within our set of message forums.
Participant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Roadfood.com, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of Participant's use of Roadfood.com sites, or arising out of any violation of these Rules of Conduct by Participant including, without limitation, any communication by Participant which is claimed to be defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful, which is claimed to violate the copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third parties, or which constitutes a submission of materials.6. TERMINATION
Roadfood.com shall have the right to immediately terminate any Participant's use of the Roadfood.com site if Roadfood.com determines in its sole discretion that Participant has violated the Rules of Conduct set forth herein or otherwise breached this agreement, or has engaged in conduct which Roadfood.com determines in its sole discretion to be unacceptable.