Smithfield, VA

Author
GaDragonfly1
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 38
2017/07/31 12:27:45 (permalink)

Smithfield, VA

We are traveling from Atlanta, GA to Smithfield, VA for a quick turnaround visit (returning Sunday).  I would like to find somewhere within reasonable driving distance (45 minutes at most) for some awesome seafood.  Can anyone recommend a really good restaurant in and around the Smithfield area for dinner?  Also, lunch in Smithfield.  Is there a local sandwich/deli type place that anyone recommends?

Thanks!

4 Replies Related Threads

wanderingjew
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10090
    Re: Smithfield, VA 2017/07/31 12:41:23 (permalink)
    Yes

Go to the Smithfield Goumet Bakery and Cafe

I ordered the CBLT ,  essentially a blt with Crabcake, country ham and green tomato remoulade, unfortunately, my experience with most restaurants is they tend to take all the cool items off the menu and this is no exception, however I would think they could reproduce it. Mine cam with a  choice of bakery bread, in my case, seven grain

crew84row
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 257
    Re: Smithfield, VA 2017/07/31 12:44:16 (permalink)
    2 places for possible lunch.  Taste of Smithfield on Main Street. Great ham and good sweet potato biscuits.  Small place though, if I recall correctly.
    Or if doing a brunch, Smithfield Station on Church St.

But WJ's rec for the Bakery shouldn't be overlooked.

For seafood, I'm hearing that a relatively new place, Main Catch, in a strip center on Carrolton is very good, good service but slow time between ordering and getting food.  The only specifically seafood place we ever at at was Captain Chuck a Mucks over in Carrolton, not in Smithfield proper.
    post edited by crew84row - 2017/07/31 12:45:31
    Ivyhouse
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 361
    Re: Smithfield, VA 2017/07/31 13:31:01 (permalink)
    It has been a few years but I had a nice lunch in a lovely setting at The Smithfield Inn.  I also enjoyed their biscuits and ham -- they offered either sweet potato biscuits or yeast biscuits, or a plate of both kinds.
    post edited by Ivyhouse - 2017/07/31 13:34:34
    GaDragonfly1
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re: Smithfield, VA 2017/08/03 21:08:03 (permalink)
    This forum never disappoints! We had dinner at Capt. Chuck Muck's tonight.  It was awesome.  I'll post a trip report when we return home but I just wanted to say thank you for all of your suggestions.  We have reservations at Smithfield Station for Saturday evening.  We're talking about breakfast at Smithfield Gourmet Bakery and lunch at Smithfield Inn tomorrow.  We're here for a KCBS BBQ competition.  My husband and I are KCBS Contest Representatives so we're responsible for ensuring the contest is held in accordance to KCBS standards and policies.  We'll have some free time tomorrow but on Saturday we'll spend most of the day at the contest so dinner is the only meal we'll have free.  We're hitting most of the recommended locations, though.
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5