Solomons Island MD...any recommendations?

Author
Bill Henry
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2004/08/16 15:20:13 (permalink)

Solomons Island MD...any recommendations?

A friend and I are taking a day trip from Virginia to Solomons Island, MD. Any recommendations on good road food along the way will be appreciated!

4 Replies Related Threads

mtbuckingham
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 65
    RE: Solomons Island MD...any recommendations? 2004/08/16 16:38:46 (permalink)
    Back in college I used to enjoy CD Cafe in Solomon's Island (on the road to the left and parallel to Rt. 4 just before the Bridge- or just after and on the right, if you're coming from the south). There are some good seafood restaurants in the area as well, but I've forgotten the names... (sorry!)

(edited to add- CD Cafe isn't quite roadfood)
    signman
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1757
    RE: Solomons Island MD...any recommendations? 2004/08/16 20:11:22 (permalink)
    Bill, refer to the other thread about Crabs, etc. The best place seems to be Stoney's at 3838 Oyster House Rd. in Broome Island.
    Joe_2
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: Solomons Island MD...any recommendations? 2004/08/17 23:31:43 (permalink)
    There is a Stoney's in Solomons also but reputedly it is not quite as good as Broome Island. (Note that the chef from the Broome Island location has left for Tony's Riverhouse in Benedict.((This is a restaurant we have not been to yet but will go to within the next month or so.)) About two or three years ago, on my last visit, the best seafood restaurant in Solomons was the Lighthouse Inn. (website: http://lighthouse-inn.com/) Then, it was very good although not quite on par with several of the better ones around the state. There are two more that are on the water (names forgotten) with one of these fairly good and the other mediocre. Neither was on the level of the Lighthouse.
    fbarrett
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: Solomons Island MD...any recommendations? 2004/08/27 15:15:49 (permalink)
    Don't know how you are getting to Solomon's, but if you are coming through St. Mary's County, MD, St. Mary's Landing is a decent restaurant on Rt. 5. The crab cakes are good. I haven't eaten at Copsy's Seafood, also on Rt. 5, but it, like St. Mary's Landing, is recommended in the Roadfood listings for Maryland. But nobody beats Stoney's crab cakes.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5