Helpful ReplySt Augustine/Jacksonville -February 19-21 2016- Not the Glee Club- All invited

Page: << < ..111213 Showing page 13 of 13
Author
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10545
Re: St Augustine/Jacksonville -February 19-21 2016- Not the Glee Club- All invited 2016/02/29 18:38:30 (permalink)
The Travelin Man
wanderingjew
My biggest disappointment was that I didn't realize that O'Steen's is closed on Sundays...

Wait. What?

I thought these kinds of things never happen to Mr. Plan Ahead?

Almost as shocking as you going to a restaurant that's actually open!

I never would have thought to check if they were open on Sundays. I just figured they were. When I checked their FB page to see what time they open so we could plan our day was when I found out they were closed.
justbeachy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: St Augustine/Jacksonville -February 19-21 2016- Not the Glee Club- All invited 2016/03/02 14:00:33 (permalink)
[justbeachy -

Caps on the Water was superb!  Great view, superior service and a most beautiful sunset.  Thanks for the recommendation.]

Glad you enjoyed it!  I always pinch myself when dining at some of the beautiful options available on the first coast!

The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3941
Re: St Augustine/Jacksonville -February 19-21 2016- Not the Glee Club- All invited 2016/03/04 17:22:43 (permalink)
wanderingjew

I never would have thought to check if they were open on Sundays. I just figured they were. When I checked their FB page to see what time they open so we could plan our day was when I found out they were closed.

No. One is far more shocking than the other.

Strangely enough, I go to restaurants that are open nearly any time I want to. The difference is that I am not disappointed when one is closed - I just find someplace else. I spend no time obsessing over which restaurant I need to visit six months in advance. If I go and they're open, I'll eat. If I go and they're not open, I will find someplace else to eat. 

Surprisingly, it's not that complicated. 
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10545
Re: St Augustine/Jacksonville -February 19-21 2016- Not the Glee Club- All invited 2016/03/04 18:29:28 (permalink)
The Travelin Man
wanderingjew

No. One is far more shocking than the other.

Strangely enough, I go to restaurants that are open nearly any time I want to. The difference is that I am not disappointed when one is closed - I just find someplace else. I spend no time obsessing over which restaurant I need to visit six months in advance. If I go and they're open, I'll eat. If I go and they're not open, I will find someplace else to eat. 

Surprisingly, it's not that complicated. 

I know for a fact that buffetbuster also does research months in advance, no different than I, however he has the resources to return in 3 months, 6 months or a year if he can't visit the first time I around, unfortunately I don't have the same resources and therefore may be more obsessive since I may never have the opportunity to return again. What I do,  or how I do things is no more critical or unusual than visiting another city or state every other weekend, or putting together a spreadsheet of 40 or so restaurants in a 3 day period or traveling half the year on an expense account. What surprises me (as well as those you call your friends) is why you seem to hone in on me 
Page: << < ..111213 Showing page 13 of 13
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5