Helpful ReplyTC's Point After in Dewitt IA has closed

Author
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10427
2017/10/25 08:48:07 (permalink)

TC's Point After in Dewitt IA has closed

Seems like my favorite Iowa breaded pork tenderloin joints have gone by the wayside over the last couple of years.
I visited Red Barn in Exira in the summer of 2015, an Ayersian  recommendation. Although the BPT was fantastic and clearly my second favorite of that particular trip, I Knew something wasn't right when they didn't have half the items on the menu. When Chris Ayersian later  asked me about their pie specials, my response was "what pie specials? Sure enough shortly thereafter they closed.
On a later visit to Iowa in the fall of 2015 I finally had the opportunity to visit The Augusta  Restaurant in Oxford IA a place that Davydd had mentioned several times on the forum. Transplants from New Orleans, the owners still knew how to do a BPT right. Shortly afterwards The Augusta relocated to Iowa City and not much longer after that they closed for good.
Finally, when I first visited TC's Point After in Dewitt IA back in 2010 the general manager, Michelle,  had recently taken over the reigns from original owner Chuck Cox one year earlier. I came to the realization that this was my favorite BPT in all of Iowa and my second favorite overall (The 1st place honor goes to Nick's Kitchen in Huntington IN) When I returned 5 years later with Chi Town Diner, Michelle was still at the helm and nothing had changed we both agreed that this was the best BPT we've ever had. 6 months afterwards, new ownership took over and word on the internet was that things were starting to slip.
Here's an article,  and it appears that TC's Point After might be in danger of closing as of November 1. If it does, it will be a sad ending to a legendary establishment.

We'll be visiting Iowa next fall and we'll be on the hunt for a solid BPT and  .Our visit will fall on a Sunday, when many BPT establishments are closed, and although TC's Point After was supposed  to be our first choice  it looks like Goldie's Ice Cream Shoppe in Prairie City will be our best bet

post edited by wanderingjew - 2017/11/07 18:02:59
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4989
Re: Potential trouble ahead for TC's Point After in Dewitt IA 2017/10/25 09:13:34 (permalink)
Sad to hear...I really enjoyed that place.  My best BPT ever!  
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4989
Re: Potential trouble ahead for TC's Point After in Dewitt IA 2017/10/25 12:37:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joerogo 2017/10/25 13:49:26
After further thought, please stay out of Chicago as you may be mistaken for the Grim Reaper of restaurants...We've already dealt with a black cat and goat curse!
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6802
Re: Potential trouble ahead for TC's Point After in Dewitt IA 2017/10/27 16:35:47 (permalink)
You can get the original TC Point After tenderloin at one of Chuckie's food trucks. They are all over the country. That is what Michelle is doing now. I've had one at spring training in Phoenix and one at the Indy 500. They are also on the NASCAR racing circuit and the Iowa State Fair. Their sandwich is presently on the group masthead in Facebook's Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches.

As far as BPT serving restaurants go, I've been tracking as best I possibly can the status of them and since I started tracking them that I have personally had, over 227 in 12 years of RVing, I think the closing rate has to be over 20%. Four of 15 Iowa Pork Producers Association's annual best breaded pork tenderloin winners are now out of business or moved locations.
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10427
Re: Potential trouble ahead for TC's Point After in Dewitt IA 2017/11/07 18:03:57 (permalink)
Looks like they were unable to find a buyer
Hopefully someone with better management skills will buy the place

http://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Nearly-after-40-years-of-business-TCs-Point-After-is-closed--455058953.html
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5