Thanks, Roadfood, for a great meal!

Author
annepr
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 77
2019/04/14 17:14:29 (permalink)

Thanks, Roadfood, for a great meal!

My husband had a business meeting in Southern California this week and I have been on spring break, so we drove down from where we live north of San Francisco. After his meeting, we drove over to spend the night in Avila Beach which is north of Santa Maria, home of the wonderful Santa Maria tri tip barbecue. Of course I did my online eating research before we left, and, thanks to Roadfood, came up with BBQ Land in Santa Maria. The food was unbelievably wonderful! I ordered two tri-tip tacos and, when I got them, thought that I would never be able to finish both. Yeah, right. I managed to. The accompanying salsa was spicy enough to make my nose run, but that was fine. My husband got the tri tip sandwich and inhaled it. He kept saying how great it was. The smokey flavor of the meat made it so good, and the meat was also very tender. The people who run it are super nice, and there was a steady stream of regulars coming in, mostly for takeout. One guy got a beer and a sandwich and settled in to watch Pawn Stars on the big screen TV. He looked so happy!

All in all, a fantastic lunch thanks to Roadfood. I wish we lived closer so I could eat there regularly.
https://roadfood.com/restaurants/bbq-land/

5 Replies Related Threads

mlm
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 659
    Re: Thanks, Roadfood, for a great meal! 2019/04/14 18:08:47 (permalink)
    I'm so pleased that you all had such a great time and meal!

EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4581
    Re: Thanks, Roadfood, for a great meal! 2019/04/14 20:07:06 (permalink)
    That's such a great area to visit. Santa Maria really has a lot of tasty places to enjoy. Glad you enjoyed the trip tip----it truly is a delicious cut of beef!
    mar52
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 12230
    Re: Thanks, Roadfood, for a great meal! 2019/04/15 01:34:38 (permalink)
    That's so cool!  I love hearing good stories, especially when they involve food!

Also it's good to see you.
    buffetbuster
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 12604
    Re: Thanks, Roadfood, for a great meal! 2019/04/15 15:15:50 (permalink)
    So glad that you enjoyed your meal as much as you did.  Were the owners Korean?  We remember having a really good side of kimchi along with the Santa Maria BBQ.
    annepr
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 77
    Re: Thanks, Roadfood, for a great meal! 2019/04/15 20:08:36 (permalink)
    buffetbuster
    So glad that you enjoyed your meal as much as you did.  Were the owners Korean?  We remember having a really good side of kimchi along with the Santa Maria BBQ.

They were. I've never had kimchi with SM BBQ but I bet it would be great - sort of like the salsa.  They also have Korean food on the menu. I definitely need to go back there several times!
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5