Helpful ReplyHot!The Contingent's Wisconsin Supper Club, Steakhouse & Fish Fry Tour

Page: << < ..31 Showing page 31 of 31
Author
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5946
Re: The Contingent's Wisconsin Supper Club, Steakhouse & Fish Fry Tour 2018/04/01 15:10:22 (permalink)
ScreamingChicken
Seasonal bump...

Any ideas for a Spring Fling?  Now that we're on CDT I'm guessing people might not mind a little more driving, especially if we schedule an early dinner.  From the previous page:

Michael's on the Lake is in Kansasville, east of Burlington.
Dover Inn is north of Kansasville on WI-75.  They have broasted chicken on the Friday menu as well.
Colony House is in Trevor, very close to the state line.  This might be the first menu I've seen offer prime rib on the kids' menu.
Sportsman's Landing is on Wind Lake, which is a little bit more of a drive than the others.  It might be a better choice for spring or summer, and they also offer a "Supper Club Saturday" menu.
Silver Lake Marina is east of Twin Lakes.
75th St. Inn is in Salem.
The Waterfront on Brown's Lake is just east of Burlington, and appears to be a little more upscale.  Once the warmer weather gets here I'll be checking out the Tuesday all-day chicken special.

Naturally, there's a catch (pun intended): I haven't been to any of these places and am working off of only what I've found online.  And while I don't mind visiting restaurants for the first time, I understand that others might prefer a destination that comes with a personal recommendation.

There's been some discussion of making Hob Nob a near future choice.  I know it gets mixed reviews from some Contingencies, but it might be worth checking out.  I get the impression the big objection is to their Fish Fry.  Maybe if we focus on the rest of the menu we can reach a consensus.

JRPfeff
Definitely Mark. We're going to the free day at the Milwaukee Art Museum on Thursday. How about somewhere then?

There's a free day at the Milwaukee Art Museum???  We might just join you.

Buddy
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2018/04/01 15:12:31
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8259
Re: The Contingent's Wisconsin Supper Club, Steakhouse & Fish Fry Tour 2018/04/01 15:22:10 (permalink)
BuddyRoadhouse
There's a free day at the Milwaukee Art Museum???  We might just join you.

For those who might not be aware, "Buddy" is just a nickname.  His real name is Benjamin Kubelsky Roadhouse.
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5946
Re: The Contingent's Wisconsin Supper Club, Steakhouse & Fish Fry Tour 2018/04/01 16:36:37 (permalink)
A proud former citizen of Waukegan, IL!  Pass me my violin...

I'm thinking it over,
Buddy
JRPfeff
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5124
Re: The Contingent's Wisconsin Supper Club, Steakhouse & Fish Fry Tour 2018/04/01 17:03:30 (permalink)
Meijer First Free Thursday

Admission to the Milwaukee Art Museum is free for individuals and families (excluding groups) on the first Thursday of each month, thanks to Meijer.
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3499
Re: The Contingent's Wisconsin Supper Club, Steakhouse & Fish Fry Tour 2018/04/02 09:00:35 (permalink)
JRPfeff
Meijer First Free Thursday

Admission to the Milwaukee Art Museum is free for individuals and families (excluding groups) on the first Thursday of each month, thanks to Meijer.

As is the Milwaukee Public Museum.  Why both on the same day?
Wednesday from 1pm - 5 pm, The Charles Allis Art Museum offers free admission.
Charles Allis
Art Museum

1801 N. Prospect Ave.

(414) 278-8295
Page: << < ..31 Showing page 31 of 31
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5