The New York Pizza Project

Author
Ralph Melton
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1084
2014/04/24 17:23:19 (permalink)

The New York Pizza Project

These folks have put together a coffee table book on New York Pizza. From Say Hello to 'The New York Pizza Project':

Five, 30-year old native New Yorkers—Corey, Gabe, Ian, Nick, and Tim—set out to capture the unique relationship between the people of NYC and their pizza. The group started out documenting the pizzerias of the city for fun, but quickly realized what they had and set about transforming their photographs and anecdotes into a full-fledged book, The New York Pizza Project. An endeavor, it seems, that touched a lot of people: their Kickstarter campaign to fund the book's publication met its goal ($15K) within the first 48 hours—the campaign closes to the public May 15th. To fans of pizza, contributing seems like a no-brainer, but in case you need any extra convincing, they've come up with some pretty nifty rewards, like an hour-long session with a pizzaiolo.

I'm dithering on supporting the Kickstarter campaign myself. It seems like a worthy project, but I don't have any personal connection to New York pizza, so I'm not sure I'm willing to spend $50 for a splendid book of pizza appreciation. But I think there will be pizza fans here who will be interested in this.

https://www.kickstarter.c...new-york-pizza-project

1 Reply Related Threads

Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6818
    Re:The New York Pizza Project 2014/04/24 17:36:18 (permalink)
    I saw this before. I have participated in two Kickstarter campaigns. One was a new restaurant in my hometown of Excelsior. The other was for a set of interchangeable lenses that will attach to a smartphone camera. The camera lenses (wide angle and 2X telephoto) will ship this June. I will essentially get them half off in price so my only risk is if they turn out to be not as advertised and as good as claimed.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5