Helpful ReplyThis Is the Best Pizza in America

Author
leethebard
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10391
2015/06/29 09:09:02 (permalink)

This Is the Best Pizza in America

https://www.yahoo.com/food/this-is-the-best-pizza-in-america-122282022916.html
 You pizza experts,read this article from Bon Appitit What do you think of his technique? 
     Davydd,I can comment on one idea:Gouda cheese makes a hell of a pie. Had it a lot on a trip to Holland.WOW!!!!!!! Also like the cream on the spinach or on arugula. I liked his comment about how great pizza is easy to find these days. Comments?
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7365
Re: This Is the Best Pizza in America 2015/06/29 09:43:17 (permalink)
This article is already being "chewed & digested" here on an earlier thread. 
wingmanBBF
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 127
Re: This Is the Best Pizza in America 2015/06/29 09:49:22 (permalink)
LTB, I'm no pizza expert unless having a body by pizza makes me one, but I can say one thing about it with total conviction......

Reading  a thread title on this board that has the words, "best""pizza"  and "America"...Then beginning with "This is", even though it's a direct quote from the article title, is just like hearing someone say,

"Let's just knock this wasp nest out of the tree...", or
"I wonder what happens if we light this fuse" or
"I dunno...try pushing the red button."
If you need me, I'll be hiding under my desk with my hands over my head.......

WingmanBBF

post edited by wingmanBBF - 2015/06/29 09:52:42
bartl
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1542
Re: This Is the Best Pizza in America 2015/06/29 15:07:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby leethebard 2015/06/29 17:54:31
When I was living in Amsterdam, we discovered that Gouda changed a LOT with age; young, it was like Mozzarella or Munster; medium, it was more like cheddar or American; aged it was like Parmesan.

Bart
leethebard
Porterhouse
Re: This Is the Best Pizza in America 2015/06/29 17:55:22 (permalink)
bartl
When I was living in Amsterdam, we discovered that Gouda changed a LOT with age; young, it was like Mozzarella or Munster; medium, it was more like cheddar or American; aged it was like Parmesan.

Bart

Thanks for the info. Very interesting!!!
marzsit
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 378
Re: This Is the Best Pizza in America 2015/07/03 10:34:31 (permalink)
there is no such thing as the best pizza in america, just like there is no such thing as the best pizza in the world. or the best hamburger in the world... or the best grilled cheese sandwich in the world......

pizza is a regional food. it began as an italian creation, but since then it has mutated into something that is different everywhere you go. even the supposedly official neopolitan standard pizza will be different everywhere you experience it. and that's what it really comes down to.... what you have experienced in your youth becomes the yardstick for comparision for the rest of your life if your mind is completely closed. this leads to violent arguments about new haven pizza vs new york pizza vs chicago pizza vs italian pizza......... personally, the worst pizza i ever had was in the village of amboise, france, supposedly mick jagger's favorite pizza place. not speaking french very well i ordered a pizza that was basically a classic margarita with 4 anchovy filets spaced every 90 degrees in a radial direction. it was baked in a wood-fired oven for about 2 minutes, looked really good but the crust was very gummy and hard to cut thru with a knife and fork pizza was served whole on a plate uncut. taste was ok but the texture was all wrong, no way could you pick up a slice and eat it by hand. but, that was the style that was popular in that region of france. it was also popular to serve the same type of pizza with a cracked raw egg in the center, something the waiter insisted that i order... but i declined... so my point is that threads like these, on a message board with such a tiny userbase who really doesn't travel very much and has a very limited view of what is actually on the planet, exist just to entertain those few who looove to trash anybody with an opposing opinion. my advice to anybody reading threads like this one, is to simply ignore the negative posts from narrow-minded users who are not willing to properly explain their negative views, the ones who deliver blanket statements like "new york pizza sucks" or "chicago pizza sucks" or "california pizza sucks"  without proving a proper explaination. eventually the traffic on this board, which is already very low.................. will cease to exist.
marzsit
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 378
Re: This Is the Best Pizza in America 2015/07/03 10:37:07 (permalink)
wingmanBBF
LTB, I'm no pizza expert unless having a body by pizza makes me one, but I can say one thing about it with total conviction......

Reading  a thread title on this board that has the words, "best""pizza"  and "America"...Then beginning with "This is", even though it's a direct quote from the article title, is just like hearing someone say,

"Let's just knock this wasp nest out of the tree...", or
"I wonder what happens if we light this fuse" or
"I dunno...try pushing the red button."
If you need me, I'll be hiding under my desk with my hands over my head.......

WingmanBBF

yep..... well, what the hell, it's close to the 4th of july. fireworks are in order.
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6818
Re: This Is the Best Pizza in America 2015/07/03 15:07:00 (permalink)
The pizza in Naples, Italy is wood-fired oven baked in two minutes or less and generally cannot be picked up and eaten as a slice. With the puffy cornicione of personal size pizzas all the juices tend to slide to the middle of the pie and make the middle wet. The Neapolitan style is to serve uncut with knife and fork. Nothing unusual there. My nearest Neapolitan style pizzeria in the Twin Cities with VPN certification is Punch and they serve it that way as well.

The raw egg? I suspect it cooks from the residual heat of the pizza. I added mine in this homemade breakfast pizza just a few seconds before taking it out of the oven.

leethebard
Porterhouse
Re: This Is the Best Pizza in America 2015/07/03 16:20:41 (permalink)
A masterpiece Davydd. The egg in the center is common when I'm in Italy. Also hard boiled eggs. Had it a few times when the egg was sliced in wedges. arranged like daisy leaves with an olive slice in the center!!
leethebard
Porterhouse
Re: This Is the Best Pizza in America 2015/07/03 16:21:40 (permalink)
Having a slice of homemade Zuchinni pizza my wife made as I type this!

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 23297
Re: This Is the Best Pizza in America 2015/07/03 17:03:39 (permalink)

Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5