Top 10 Mexican Restaurants in Phoenix!
Today's AZ Republic Newspaper had an article composed by their Food & Dining Restaurant Critic, Howard Seftel, on the Top 10 Mexican Places in Phoenix.
There are at least a 1000 Mexican joints here so this list is pretty exclusive:
10. La Frontera - http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-frontera-phoenix
9. Carolina's - www.carolinasmex.com
8. El Bravo - www.elbravoaz.com
(Also in the Airport.)
7. Los Sombreros - www.lossombreros.com
6. San Carlos Bay - http://www.yelp.com/biz/san-carlos-bay-seafood-restaurant-phoenix
5. Los Dos Molinos - www.losdosmolinosphoenix.com
4. Pepe's Taco Villa - www.pepestacovilla.com
3. Los Reyes De La Torta - http://www.yelp.com/biz/los-reyes-de-la-torta-phoenix
2. Mariscos Playa Hermosa - www.mariscosplayahermosa.com
AND #1 Barrio Café
The place is owned by the Chef, Silvana Salcido Esparza.
Her food represents the Southern Regions of Mexico.
They just opened another restaurant in the Sky Harbor Airport, so if you're leaving town, you can get a delicious meal to go for the flight home and drive a plane full of passengers crazy! You can also get her Award Winning Cochinita Pibil ( Slo-Roasted Pork ) to take home!
She is a James Beard Award Nominee and does upscale Mexican Cuisine like Chile Soup with Goat Cheese & Mexican Cream, Black Mole' Chicken & Duck Breast with Tamarind-Chipotle.
She has 2 Signature Dishes - Cochinita Pibil ( Slow Roasted Pork wrapped in a Banana Leaf) AND
Chiles en Nogada (Poblano Peppers stuffed with Chicken, Nuts and Fruit)
post edited by Foodbme - 2014/05/05 17:00:32