Tulsa for Dinner on saturdays

Author
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
2003/08/10 14:06:38 (permalink)

Tulsa for Dinner on saturdays

It looks as if I will be spending alot saturdays in Tulsa and since I'm new to the area I was hoping you folks could point me in the direction of a few good spots to grab a meal before I head soouth for an hour and a half drive home--I eat anything,with gusto---well at least once anyway--so if you've got a spot you like--let me know---I'd appreciate it.

5 Replies Related Threads

Howard Baratz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 450
    RE: Tulsa for Dinner on saturdays 2003/08/11 16:46:28 (permalink)
    Tiki,

I'll have more later, but for starters, two of my favorites are:

Cancun, around 7th and Lewis, for fantastic homestyle Mexican (my favorite is the Chile Verde Burrito but everything is great).

Big Daddy's at 11th and Garnett for Barbeque (try one of the potatoes that they pull from the smoker and then top with your choice of meat, bacon bits, cheese, ranch dressing and a "Big Daddy Shake", which is seaoning not a drink). Absolutely addictive.

lasmitty
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Tulsa for Dinner on saturdays 2003/08/11 18:07:28 (permalink)
    I haven't lived in Tulsa for many years but every time I'm home visiting family I try to make it to Brownie's on Harvard for hamburgers and any of the Coney-I-Lander locations for chili dogs. Another burger favorite is Ron's on 15th. It's just a counter but well worth the wait. The Hideaway on 15th is also good for pizza.
    Howard Baratz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 450
    RE: Tulsa for Dinner on saturdays 2003/08/13 12:33:56 (permalink)
    lasmitty's recommendation re: Ron's is a good one. They have 5 or so outposts around Tulsa and make great burgers and fries. Their specialty is a fantastic Sausage Cheesburger (1/2 ground beef, 1/2 sausage). They also have good chili that can top any burger or spaghetti in their fine 3 Way (or 5 Way if you prefer).
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Tulsa for Dinner on saturdays 2003/08/13 18:27:24 (permalink)
    Thanks to both of you guys---these suggestions ought to keep me fed for at least a month of saturdays! Chile verde burritos---my fav also-burgers-barbeque---damn--what more could a guy ask for!!!and the sausage cheeseburgers peaks my interest alot!--I 'preciate it!!
    m2violin
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 26
    RE: Tulsa for Dinner on saturdays 2004/12/17 17:57:41 (permalink)
    Metro Diner on 11th Street between Delaware & Harvard (near the University of Tulsa Campus) has become quite the Route 66 fixture. I like their catfish. Fast service, and it's cheap!

In Southwest Tulsa, Ollie's Station on Southwest Boulevard (just south of West 41st Street) serves up some good comfort food at reasonable prices. Good fried chicken . . . the owner is a model train buff, and you can find model trains running throughout the restaurant, including one track suspended from the ceiling. If I can every persuade my sister to visit with her 4-year-old son I'm taking them to Ollie's Station -- the kid will get a kick out of the trains!
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5