Twigs Cafe at Tower Hill, Boylston Mass

Author
tmiles
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2757
2004/12/18 10:49:50 (permalink)

Twigs Cafe at Tower Hill, Boylston Mass

Some could argue that Twigs is not "roadfood". Others would say that it is. It is the on site cafe at Tower Hill Botanic Garden, and one of a kind. If your roadfood has to be a caloric laden gem served in a greasy spoon atmosphere, this is not your place. If you want a pleasant ride to a wonderful place, and if you are willing to put up with the magnificent view, a real fireplace, and if you are willing to pay too much for small portions of "new american" food (heavy on the wraps and salad)you should try it out during the "Hollydays" now through New Years. Lunch only and very limited seating. Some Saturdays, they turn away more people than they serve.

3 Replies Related Threads

Lurker
    • Total Posts : 0
    RE: Twigs Cafe at Tower Hill, Boylston Mass 2004/12/18 14:52:21 (permalink)
    What's regional about it??
    garykg6
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 358
    RE: Twigs Cafe at Tower Hill, Boylston Mass 2004/12/18 15:40:26 (permalink)
    Whats good(if anything) about it?.....not-so-subtle dig at the term 'roadfood'for being the key word to describe greasy food is abitrary and,by extension,just plain wrong.....I have eaten at Twiggs and would not repeat the visit, food is mediocre,outrageously priced and service indifferent
    tmiles
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2757
    RE: Twigs Cafe at Tower Hill, Boylston Mass 2004/12/18 16:59:07 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by garykg6

Whats good(if anything) about it?.....not-so-subtle dig at the term 'roadfood'for being the key word to describe greasy food is abitrary and,by extension,just plain wrong.....I have eaten at Twiggs and would not repeat the visit, food is mediocre,outrageously priced and service indifferent

I did not mean to infer that roadfood is greasy, and I am sorry if I offended anybody. My term "caloric laden gem" should infer that I am a fan of stuff that is not very good for me, and having just hit 300 lbs (again) today, I can tell you that I know I should find a little more healthy roadfood rather than some of the stuff that I have traveled many miles to get. Twigs as we agree, is overpriced for sure, and the service is indifferent, but we disagree on the quality of the food. Others can visit, or not, and decide for themselves. Our different opinions can help people to make their own decision to go or not. I appreciate your comments.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5