Two new Mongolian Hot Pot opening near Edison, NJ

Author
yuppicide
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 429
2016/12/28 15:37:28 (permalink)

Two new Mongolian Hot Pot opening near Edison, NJ

Just a head's up for those interested. I'm always on the lookout for Mongolian Restaurants or Hot Pot.

I've been to Little Sheep in Edison and I've been to the one down the road on Route 27. I forget the name of that one, but it's a Chinese restaurant with hot pot also. I liked that one better than Little Sheep even though the interior isn't as nice, the tables/hot pot burners are old and take work to get running, and they don't have nowhere near as many ingredients.
But there's two new ones opening..

Little Lamb is right around the corner from Little Sheep. It's on Route 1 in the mall where Quakersteak is. They're hiring, so I assume they should be opening soon. But last I drove by the windows are all covered in brown paper so you can't see inside. If it's the same as the one in Brooklyn, NY then I can't wait for it to come, because they have more broth flavors than Little Sheep such as tomato.

The other one is opening in South Plainfield. If you take Plainfield Ave (from Route 1) it turns into Stelton Road. Right before the Middlesex Mall they tore down a White Castle and building a new one. Make a left at the light. It's down there at the end of the road. Unfortunately I don't have any more information on that one yet as I've not had the chance to drive by yet. My Aunt/Uncle did.

5 Replies Related Threads

yuppicide
    Cheeseburger
    Re: Two new Mongolian Hot Pot opening near Edison, NJ 2017/01/29 17:47:20 (permalink)
    Little Lamb in Edison is open. I am supposed to be going next weekend. There's also a new Asian supermarket in where Pathmark used to be called 99 Ranch.

Ocean Buffet in South Plainfield I think should be opening soon or something.
    yuppicide
    Cheeseburger
    Re: Two new Mongolian Hot Pot opening near Edison, NJ 2017/02/05 05:05:55 (permalink)
    Little Lamb is open. I liked it better than Little Sheep. Short: Better food, about same price. Long:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/little-lamb-edison
    1bbqboy
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5340
    Re: Two new Mongolian Hot Pot opening near Edison, NJ 2017/02/05 09:50:10 (permalink)
    99 Ranch is a California chain. Same guys?
    yuppicide
    Cheeseburger
    Re: Two new Mongolian Hot Pot opening near Edison, NJ 2017/02/07 09:14:51 (permalink)
    1bbqboy
    99 Ranch is a California chain. Same guys?

Probably. They are all over (as per the location list on their bags). I liked the store. Clean, spacious, had restaurants inside.
    mar52
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11442
    Re: Two new Mongolian Hot Pot opening near Edison, NJ 2017/02/07 13:24:21 (permalink)
    99 Ranch is awesome.  I have 2 fairly close that I go to.  The location in Gardena is next to a Daiso store and across the street from A Sam's Club so if going to those I go to that one.

If I want Pho or Chinese Barbecued Duck I hit the Van Nuys Location.

Now...  The only difference between the two is that the location in Van Nuys also has a hot prepared fast food stall in the back which I believe is a Sam Moon's operation. 

If you have more than one location, check them all out.  They vary!

You can't beat the produce and go home snacking on fresh lichee or jujubees. 
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5