My folks live several miles east of there. There's a surprising amount of great places to eat in the area. Are you looking for fancier digs or more family-restaurant style?
If you're looking for more upscale service and dining, go for Trick Dog in Irvington or Toby's in Deltaville.
Relaxed: I love David's Last Chance so I've got to plug em!
For a local rivah / Tidewater experience: Shuckers in Urbanna.
For future reference, a few of my faves, FWIW:
In and around Urbanna (North on Urbanna Rd from 1000 Trails)
1) Shucker's - traditional local place. Had a bit of a rough patch for a couple years, but the new management has restored its kitchen to its former glory. Great place for beer, fish, and oysters.
2) Something Different Country Store - The only one on this list that's not a sit-down, but it is a great place for barbecue and other smoked foods.
Deltaville, or on the road to Deltaville:
1) Toby's - A surprisingly gourmet place in the middle of "nowhere." Seafood, of course, is their specialty.
2) David's Last Chance - Friendly place with solid meals. I've never been disappointed. Great homemade pies!
3) The Galley - Family restaurant. Fresh fish, burgers, standard fair, but friendly folks.
1) Eckhard's - great German restaurant
1) Trick Dog Cafe - The place to see and be seen in Tidewater
if you want to get all fancy-like. Great meals, pricey.
I love this part of Virginia. Outside of the boating scene, I suppose it's kind of a backwater, but has a lot of hidden gems.