Helpful ReplyHot!Uno's Pizza

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
JNM7806
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 32
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/16 20:10:36 (permalink)
I have tried UNO's Pizza, it was delicious. U have to eat it with a fork.
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6699
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/18 13:21:57 (permalink)
This thread would not be complete without the ultimate truth about "Chicago" pizza:

http://www.ebaumsworld.co...ny-pizza-and/83670876/
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8865
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/18 15:25:51 (permalink)
MetroplexJim
This thread would not be complete without the ultimate truth about "Chicago" pizza:

Jon Stewart is so right, Deep dish pizza to me has always been a casserole,not real pizza. If you like it, God Bless....But give me real New York style,a New Haven style, Firenze style.....but it should be pizza, not a thick casserole!! Sorry. Just one Italian's opinion!!
lleechef
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11502
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/18 17:15:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joerogo 2017/12/02 20:00:23
I'll take a clam pie from New Haven!!!!!

Des Moines Guy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/18 19:37:59 (permalink)
Give me a thin crust from Lou Malnati's any day.

As a transplanted Chicagoan, I can tell you that the vast majority of pizza sold in Chicago area neighborhood pizzerias is thin crust.  The media seem to perpetuate this myth that Chicago pizza is only deep dish.
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6699
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/19 11:23:02 (permalink)
leethebard

MetroplexJim

Jon Stewart is so right, Deep dish pizza to me has always been a casserole,not real pizza. If you like it, God Bless....But give me real New York style,a New Haven style, Firenze style.....but it should be pizza, not a thick casserole!! Sorry. Just one Italian's opinion!!

Des Moines Guy

As a transplanted Chicagoan, I can tell you that the vast majority of pizza sold in Chicago area neighborhood pizzerias is thin crust.  The media seem to perpetuate this myth that Chicago pizza is only deep dish.

Agree.
And agree.

When we lived in NoVa we went to the Uno's in Reston several times and enjoyed "the house specialty".  But, pizza it was not.  And I will say the same about Gepetto's that served "deep dish" in Georgetown "back in the day".

And I mean no disrespect to Chicago, which like the other great industrial cities, is a 'foodies delight'.  In fact, I'll say that Chicago is second only to The City when it comes to the quality and rich variety of its cuisine.

But, c'mon ... NYC is the Capital of the World; even St. J.P.II said that!  Food-wise its only per is Paris.  But, IMHO, Chicago is in the same 'class' with Milan and Buenos Aires -- which is high praise, indeed.

They just need to find a different name for their crusted casserole of tomato and cheese.  May I suggest Chi-Pie?  
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/19 11:43:00 (permalink)
MetroplexJim
leethebard

MetroplexJim

Des Moines Guy

Agree.
And agree.

When we lived in NoVa we went to the Uno's in Reston several times and enjoyed "the house specialty".  But, pizza it was not.  And I will say the same about Gepetto's that served "deep dish" in Georgetown "back in the day".

And I mean no disrespect to Chicago, which like the other great industrial cities, is a 'foodies delight'.  In fact, I'll say that Chicago is second only to The City when it comes to the quality and rich variety of its cuisine.

But, c'mon ... NYC is the Capital of the World; even St. J.P.II said that!  Food-wise its only per is Paris.  But, IMHO, Chicago is in the same 'class' with Milan and Buenos Aires -- which is high praise, indeed.

They just need to find a different name for their crusted casserole of tomato and cheese.  May I suggest Chi-Pie?  

Jim, I agree with everything you said, Chi-pie is great....
TJ Jackson
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5300
Flagged as Spam (1)
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/19 23:28:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Ahi Mpls. 2017/11/20 08:35:10
its truly sad that long time posters on a website that extols the virtues of regional variants of various foods chooses the view that deep dish pizza is not pizza

really, really pathetic, folks. 
leethebard
Sirloin
Flagged as Spam (1)
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 02:27:16 (permalink)
TJ Jackson
its truly sad that long time posters on a website that extols the virtues of regional variants of various foods chooses the view that deep dish pizza is not pizza

It's my opinion, and to call me pathetic because of a belief is very,very sad. As many believe here it's a casserole. If you choose to call it a pizza,that's your opinion!!!
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10195
Flagged as Spam (1)
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 08:40:53 (permalink)
TJ Jackson

seriously?
We're talking about someone who thinks Cracker Barrel is the "cat's meow"!

TJ Jackson
Sirloin
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 08:55:08 (permalink)
WJ: I get dragged to Cracker Barrel every now and then by others, but I dont think I've ever called it the cat's meow

Lee: My opinion has very little to do with this.  Here you are on a website that celebrates regional variants in foods and here are discussing one such regional variant - the deep dish pizza - and you (and others) cant see it as a regional variant?  Yes, thats pathetic.  Why are you even on this board if you can't accept such things?

Davidsanders
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 661
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 10:06:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby leethebard 2017/11/20 11:35:14
TJ Jackson
WJ: I get dragged to Cracker Barrel every now and then by others, but I dont think I've ever called it the cat's meow

Lee: My opinion has very little to do with this.  Here you are on a website that celebrates regional variants in foods and here are discussing one such regional variant - the deep dish pizza - and you (and others) cant see it as a regional variant?  Yes, thats pathetic.  Why are you even on this board if you can't accept such things?

It's really, really sad when people on this forum start sniping at someone for having a different opinion about food. Isn't this supposed to be fun? If someone happens to like Cracker Barrel (I don't), it doesn't make them an idiot. I've lived in Chicago for 50 years, hate the winters, and love deep dish pizza, whatever anyone wants to call it. I also love thin crust pizza, whatever anyone wants to call it. 
David

1bbqboy
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5407
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 10:23:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joerogo 2017/12/02 20:02:05
I'm a Cracker Barrel pizza 🍕 lover.
TJ Jackson
Sirloin
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 10:27:14 (permalink)
Mr Sanders:  I am perfectly ok with folks liking or not liking pizza - thin crust, deep dish, stuffed, detroit style, etc etc etc

The problem starts for me when, on a website where we celebrate the regional variants in foods, folks start declaring that certain regional variants of a given food type aren't that food type at all

The theme of this website is the celebration of regional variants.  That means that (for example) bbq is bbq whether it is produced via in the Texas style, the Memphis style, the Carolinas style, the KC style, etc etc etc.  Acceptance that these are regional variants of BBQ is a Roadfooders starting assumption, not a matter of debate.   If someone stated that one of these was not bbq, I would have the same harsh comments; and I would similarly question why that person is even here

Yes, this is supposed to be fun.  A blustering, short-sighted declaration that a regional variant of pizza is not pizza is inherently not fun
post edited by TJ Jackson - 2017/11/20 10:29:12
Davidsanders
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 661
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 11:17:47 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby leethebard 2017/11/20 11:35:46
TJ Jackson
Mr Sanders:  I am perfectly ok with folks liking or not liking pizza - thin crust, deep dish, stuffed, detroit style, etc etc etc

The problem starts for me when, on a website where we celebrate the regional variants in foods, folks start declaring that certain regional variants of a given food type aren't that food type at all

The theme of this website is the celebration of regional variants.  That means that (for example) bbq is bbq whether it is produced via in the Texas style, the Memphis style, the Carolinas style, the KC style, etc etc etc.  Acceptance that these are regional variants of BBQ is a Roadfooders starting assumption, not a matter of debate.   If someone stated that one of these was not bbq, I would have the same harsh comments; and I would similarly question why that person is even here

Yes, this is supposed to be fun.  A blustering, short-sighted declaration that a regional variant of pizza is not pizza is inherently not fun

I just think that someone giving an opinion, short-sighted, near-sighted, far-sighted or otherwise, should be taken as an opinion, agreed to or not, and not be the start of a sniping match. I was told once that a bbq restaurant I had enjoyed wasn't really bbq. I still enjoyed it. Life is hard enough. To say that someone doesn't belong on the board, for any reason at all is, in my opinion, out of line. It's supposed to be open to all. 
leethebard
Sirloin
Flagged as Spam (1)
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 11:21:33 (permalink)
TJ Jackson

ell I guess I and those who don't agree with your assessment are pathetic....perhaps from all your comments on this site and what I've heard from others, you should look in the mirror.
1bbqboy

Don't tell the permanent traveller...you're beneath him!!!!
leethebard
Sirloin
Flagged as Spam (1)
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 11:25:49 (permalink)
TJ Jackson

You spend more time on this site,you and one or two like you,putting down others, based on your preferences.Many others would agree that calling a casserole a pizza does not make it so.....As I said above, and many times, it's my opinion. You can respectfully disagree, but insulting and only looking at things your way seems to be typical of you, as I've heard!!!!

wanderingjew
Porterhouse
Flagged as Spam (1)
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 11:29:02 (permalink)
leethebard
TJ Jackson

ell I guess I and those who don't agree with your assessment are pathetic....perhaps from all your comments on this site and what I've heard from others, you should look in the mirror.
1bbqboy

I have met some wonderful friends on this forum- you have none!

And your comment simply shows that you're a flat out jack ass!

leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 11:33:53 (permalink)
wanderingjew
leethebard
TJ Jackson

1bbqboy

Nice.....You sir, have no class.Period!!!! You decided long ago you dislike me for what ever reason, and insult. Cracker Barrel quotes aside, you just had to jump in and put an insult.....

wanderingjew
Porterhouse
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 11:42:21 (permalink)
leethebard
wanderingjew
leethebard
TJ Jackson

1bbqboy

Nice.....You sir, have no class.Period!!!! You decided long ago you dislike me for what ever reason, and insult. Cracker Barrel quotes aside, you just had to jump in and put an insult.....

I said you like cracker barrel- if you think that's an insult then you have serious psychological issues- however you responded by insulting me. I think if we took a poll as to who has positively contributed to this forum and to the roadfood website, I think I know who would win (that too is not an insult)
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 11:47:29 (permalink)
wanderingjew
leethebard
wanderingjew
leethebard
TJ Jackson

1bbqboy

I said you like cracker barrel- if you think that's an insult then you have serious psychological issues- however you responded by insulting me. I think if we took a poll as to who has positively contributed to this forum and to the roadfood website, I think I know who would win (that too is not an insult)

I consider being called a jack ass an insult. All this when I clearly stated it's my opinion. Looking back over you comments, you,ve been insulting me for years....I love this web site as much as the next guy and my posts have generated hundreds of positive comments and many PM's. Sorry you choose to hate. Maybe we'll break bread some day and discuss it.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 11:48:56 (permalink)
You can even send me a PM if you like. I'm really NOT a bad guy!

TJ Jackson
Sirloin
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 11:53:37 (permalink)
Mr Sanders: It is indeed possible to enjoy a food even if someone says it is not of a given type.  For example, person A can (potentially, beauty being in the eye of the beholder, and all that) possibly enjoy Cincinnati style chili while person B tells person A that Cincinnati style chili is not chili at all  

But thats not the point here

With this website being at its heart all about the celebration of regional differences in food, if a person does not 'get' that and instead denies that regional food x does not belong to a food group y at all -- for example stating that pizza variant x is not pizza at all -  I question their presence here, same as I would if a person stated on a boardgame lovers website that chess is not a boardgame at all.  Why troll the board population with posts about how chess is not a boardgame, when it is accepted within the theme of the board that it is?  To extend your argument, yes, thats not fun at all.

Lee: are you saying you disagree with my 'assessment' that this website (and by extension these forums) is all about the celebration of regional variants of food?
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 11:54:51 (permalink)
leethebard
wanderingjew
leethebard
wanderingjew
leethebard
TJ Jackson

1bbqboy

I consider being called a jack ass an insult. All this when I clearly stated it's my opinion. Looking back over you comments, you,ve been insulting me for years....I love this web site as much as the next guy and my posts have generated hundreds of positive comments and many PM's. Sorry you choose to hate. Maybe we'll break bread some day and discuss it.

The above  insult directed at me came well before mine....

leethebard
Sirloin
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 12:07:02 (permalink)
wanderingjew
leethebard
wanderingjew
leethebard
wanderingjew
leethebard
TJ Jackson

1bbqboy

The above  insult directed at me came well before mine....

Dale, that clearly was a response To Mr. Jackson's quote as it clearly shows, not to you. Mr Jackson often does such things. Again, I was not talking about you, at all!!!

chickenplucker
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 735
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 12:12:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby buffetbuster 2017/11/20 14:29:08
1bbqboy
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5407
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 12:36:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joerogo 2017/12/02 20:03:12
Almost like the old days... :)
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4143
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 13:03:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joerogo 2017/12/02 20:03:24
1bbqboy
Almost like the old days... :)

YUP!  Maybe  Roadfooders will start getting excited again.
Ahi Mpls.
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 928
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 13:15:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joerogo 2017/12/02 20:03:39
Oh, this is just excruciating.
  This poor website...it really deserves a peaceful burial. 

RIP Roadfood and any useful information you may have once contained.

Wintahaba
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 734
RE: Uno's Pizza 2017/11/20 13:33:28 (permalink)
Ahi Mpls.
Oh, this is just excruciating.
This poor website...it really deserves a peaceful burial. 

RIP Roadfood and any useful information you may have once contained.

C'mon, I'm learning a lot about Legendary and Memorable vegan coffee shops.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5