Vegas Baby! Plus the Grand Canyon and St George, Utah

Author
Rocky Enfield
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 105
2018/09/18 16:42:26 (permalink)

Vegas Baby! Plus the Grand Canyon and St George, Utah

My wife and I will be leaving for Sin City on Sunday.  We will fly in and pick up a car on Sunday afternoon.  We will be driving to Seligman, AZ (by way of Kingman) to stay near the Grand Canyon for a couple days.  From there it will be off to Lake Havasau City for a day of jetskiing.  On Wednesday we will be heading up to Vegas, Thursday will see us going to St George, Ut for a UTV excursion in the sand dunes around St George.  Then it is back to Vegas (where I have two days of meetings I must attend).  We fly back on Sunday and may drive out to Mt Charleston for brunch or may hang out in the city.

I am looking for suggestions for eating opportunities in Northern Arizona, the Lake Havasau area and St George as well.

Vegas I have pretty well covered, can't wait to go back to the Hash House (not a Go-Go) again and just saw a couple of Roadfood reviewed restaurants on one of the road trip maps that look very promising.  But, of course, any and all suggestions are welcome.

I am hoping somebody can direct me to a place that serves those tacos in Indian Fry Bread or maybe a sonoran hot dog.  Not sure if they have them that far north.  Of course, any place that serves high quality food is welcome and if it is a bargain well then you get bonus points .

Thanks,
Rocky Enfield

1 Reply Related Threads

buffetbuster
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 12323
    Re: Vegas Baby! Plus the Grand Canyon and St George, Utah 2018/09/19 06:56:28 (permalink)
    Rocky-
    That's quite a trip you have planned.

In St. George, Croshaw's Gourmet Pies are highly regarded, but I found the place a disappointment.  They tasted mass produced to me.  Having said that, I plan on giving them a second chance the next time in the area. 

Just north of St. George is the tiny town of Veyo, home to Veyo Pies.  I have never been there before, but I get a good feeling about this place and it has been at the top of my "must get to list" for years.

The only other place I have eaten at in St. George is Larsen's Frostop, an old fashioned burger drive-in joint. It's been a few years, but the burgers and shakes were both good and they do have the famous Utah fry sauce.  The kids will love this place.

I hope this helps.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5