Vegetarian Friendly in the Twin Cities

Author
rextaboogy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 12
2005/11/17 00:38:37 (permalink)

Vegetarian Friendly in the Twin Cities

I will be traveling to Bloomington with my vegetarian girlfriend this weekend. I am looking for any recommendations as to places that she will be wowed by, but I can still eat meat if I so choose.

8 Replies Related Threads

Hastyman
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 83
    RE: Vegetarian Friendly in the Twin Cities 2005/11/17 05:35:12 (permalink)
    The Good Earth in the Edina Galleria (3460 W 70th St) would be right up your alley. I'll caveat this by saying I haven't eaten there in a decade, but when I lived in the Cities, that place was pretty dang good.
    cedwin
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 63
    RE: Vegetarian Friendly in the Twin Cities 2005/11/17 08:40:15 (permalink)
    If you really want high quality vegetarian food in the Minneapolis area, clearly get out of the suburbs, and particularly stay away from the Galleria in Edina. Go to downtown Minneapolis to Cafe Brenda-high quality food,lots of variety including fish, and excellent service and ambience. I try to go there at least once/year.
    rextaboogy
    Junior Burger
    RE: Vegetarian Friendly in the Twin Cities 2005/11/17 13:07:29 (permalink)
    Thanks for the tips folks. I appreciate your help.
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6627
    RE: Vegetarian Friendly in the Twin Cities 2005/11/17 20:10:17 (permalink)
    Rex, have I got a place for you! There is a Nepalese restaurant in St. Paul that has all your bases covered. I can't remember the name but I can tell you exactly where it is: Grand Ave., across the street from the Kowalski's grocery store (Excellent store, by the way!). My dad and I ate there on one of our many business trips to the Twin Cities. They have a wonderfully diverse menu with loads of vegetarian and meat choices. As I recall, we opted for a load of appetizers and then shared an entree. The food was very tasty and very affordable. One caveat--you don't say what type of restaurant you're looking for. If you want fancy/white table cloth level, this ain't it. Very low key, very down to Earth, almost a hippie type place. If that doesn't appeal to you, skip it.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6817
    RE: Vegetarian Friendly in the Twin Cities 2005/11/18 21:52:04 (permalink)
    Cafe Brenda's on 1st Avenue and 3rd Street in the Minneapolis downtown warehouse district is an excellent choice. You will get vegetarian dishes for vegetarians and not obligatory salads and pastas that most restaurants can only come up with.
    Hastyman
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 83
    RE: Vegetarian Friendly in the Twin Cities 2005/11/18 22:34:43 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by cedwin

If you really want high quality vegetarian food in the Minneapolis area, clearly get out of the suburbs, and particularly stay away from the Galleria in Edina. Go to downtown Minneapolis to Cafe Brenda-high quality food,lots of variety including fish, and excellent service and ambience. I try to go there at least once/year.

Sheesh. It's not like I told them to go to Arby's . . .

Cafe Brenda is good, probably better than Good Earth, but I wasn't entirely sure the poster wanted to go downtown. It's a pretty easy drive from Bloomington to Edina.
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6627
    RE: Vegetarian Friendly in the Twin Cities 2005/11/18 22:35:47 (permalink)
    Hell's Kitchen is a relatively new spot in downtown Minneapolis. It's been getting rave reviews. While it is not exclusively vegetarian, they are using lots of indigenous ingredients including Minnesota wild rice, etc.. Might have some good possibilities.
    rextaboogy
    Junior Burger
    RE: Vegetarian Friendly in the Twin Cities 2005/11/19 05:27:32 (permalink)
    We ate at Cafe Brenda yesterday for lunch. Awesome! She enjoyed the ambience, the menu selection, and the tempeh Reuben that I ordered. LOL. I enjoyed the Reuben very much as well.

Thanks again for the recommendation. Definitely worth visiting again.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5