Hot!What are you reading?

Page: << < ..515253 Showing page 53 of 53
Author
leethebard
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10013
RE: What are you reading? 2019/03/27 11:16:05 (permalink)
cavandre
I'm in middle of The First Conspiracy (The Secret Plot to Kill George Washington) by Brad Meltzer & so far, it's a great read. This is non-fiction, history but written with a novelist sense of story telling.

That sounds like my kind of a read. Thanks for the tip!
tmiles
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2757
RE: What are you reading? 2019/03/27 13:57:55 (permalink)
I saw the first season of Man in the High Castle on demand. I didn't like it enough to go out and get the books, yet. I may. There seems to be some buzz that the show did not live up to the book. I'm an alt-hist fan, so I should like it a lot,,,,,,,I just don't.

The newest W E B Griffin book about the early CIA in Europe, right after WW II, was almost overdue before I returned it. He has ,IMO, written some great series, but this series has been uninteresting, and this latest book just never got going. Were he to go back, there is so much room for more books in the Corps series, and he just touched army aviation. I'd even like to know what Craig Lowell did in retirement. As a man who has published more books than any living author, he doesn't need my advice.................but I can't help but give it.   
Root-Beer Man
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1751
RE: What are you reading? 2019/03/27 18:15:14 (permalink)
tmiles
I saw the first season of Man in the High Castle on demand. I didn't like it enough to go out and get the books, yet. I may. There seems to be some buzz that the show did not live up to the book. I'm an alt-hist fan, so I should like it a lot,,,,,,,I just don't.

The newest W E B Griffin book about the early CIA in Europe, right after WW II, was almost overdue before I returned it. He has ,IMO, written some great series, but this series has been uninteresting, and this latest book just never got going. Were he to go back, there is so much room for more books in the Corps series, and he just touched army aviation. I'd even like to know what Craig Lowell did in retirement. As a man who has published more books than any living author, he doesn't need my advice.................but I can't help but give it.   

If you like alt-history, (as I do) then you should definitely read "The Man In The High Castle". It is a fantastically well written book and I am certain you would enjoy it, where you didn't enjoy the TV series. It is a classic Phillip K. Dick book and one you shouldn't miss!
leethebard
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10013
RE: What are you reading? 2019/03/27 19:06:21 (permalink)
Root-Beer Man
tmiles

If you like alt-history, (as I do) then you should definitely read "The Man In The High Castle". It is a fantastically well written book and I am certain you would enjoy it, where you didn't enjoy the TV series. It is a classic Phillip K. Dick book and one you shouldn't miss!

Agreed!

cavandre
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2020
RE: What are you reading? 2019/03/28 08:17:23 (permalink)
leethebard
cavandre
I'm in middle of The First Conspiracy (The Secret Plot to Kill George Washington) by Brad Meltzer & so far, it's a great read. This is non-fiction, history but written with a novelist sense of story telling.

That sounds like my kind of a read. Thanks for the tip!

You're welcome!
Anglinia
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: What are you reading? 2019/04/19 08:27:51 (permalink)
I am reading recipe book. I am food lover. I make the dishes for my family
Wintahaba
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 886
RE: What are you reading? 2019/04/19 13:10:26 (permalink)
Anglinia
I am reading recipe book. I am food lover. I make the dishes for my family

Is it a SPAM cookbook?
Page: << < ..515253 Showing page 53 of 53
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5